Sign in to follow this  
Chris Bell

Aerosoft Night Environment British-Isles v1.7 Update Released!

Aerosoft Night Environment British-Isles v1.7 Update Released!!!

The update to version 1.7 adds NEXM manager that allows you to select how many lights are seen through NEXM GUI and will make it far easier to use.

the new version isn’t just a rewrap, it is a completely new architecture, no more multiple folders, we have a single folder now,

the new version also includes beside the reengineered architecture and NEXM manager; a new and improved light libraries,

and many enhancement to come in the near future through the new architecture;

like volumetric lighting, new light shapes, variable light size, new light colors, adjustable light intensity and much more.

The new version is a free of charge update to our existing customers!

About NEXM

http://www.nightenvironment.com/nexm.html

Night Environment British-Isles

britishislesv1.7.jpg

Excellent Chris! Been waiting for this :) Should I uninstall and reinstall the latest version? *cheshire cat grin*

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

yes sir, uninstall is a must first!

make sure you read the manual,

I can't see on the links provided how one can get the free upgrade. I can't recall where I purchased the original version from. How can one obtain this upgrade?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart,

there is no way to obtain this update other than through the same channel you originally purchased it through;

this is a brand new FULL VERSION with a new installer (even though it’s called an update!)

either way you will need your original user name and key to run the new installer

OK thanks, Guess I shall need to do some more investigation to find where I purchased it from. Problem is I have recently built a new machine and unfortunately have lost my previous purchase emails etc. Might be able to recover them somehow.

Stuart

Didn't take long, found it in my JustFlight.com account. Yeah!.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

MMM dont do it from flightsimstore.

Its still the old file and after waiting too long for the Germany update.

Heres my email to them :-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian,I couldnt believe my eyes when I read about the update for Night Environment British Isles you emailed out the day yesterday.

Yes I thought ! that's real service for you. I thought you'd mended your system after not informing us about the Germany update.

Even better, you'd actually informed us before Aerosoft had on their update forum. Brilliant !

So I uninstalled and downloaded . . . . . . it hasnt been updated at all has it ?!? That another 3.0Gb bandwidth down the dunny!

I think that email should have been informing us about Germany don't you ?. Believe me my grandfather who fought in the second world war would not agree that Germany is part of the British Isles cos we actually won the war. Perhaps if we hadn't  then we would be included in the German update ;-(

Please try to iron out whats going on here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All written in a light hearted manner of course if any of our German friends are reading

Chris on a more serious note. Now I uninstalled British Isles 1.1 waiting for the 1.7 version, I note Germany 1.7 disappeared from the configuration program leaving me with just France/Paris configurable.

Hopefully it will return when I get the new British Isles update.

Graham

Germany should only disappear from the list if you uninstalled it!

if its not showing up; try running your NEGR v1.7 installer again pls

I got an email about the product this morning, but I don't own it so what's the deal there?

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

No deal Jim,

Thats flightsim store way of getting you to buy it I guess.

I got one yesterday about a new ORBX product release

Graham

Chris,

Re-installed Germany and it returned to the configuration program.

FSS assure me new British Isles files are there now so ill download em

Graham

Chris,

There is something about the night view of British Isles after the update that make its seem less real than before. :-(

The streetlights now look like yellow dots instead of lights and because of the ground splash it almost makes the picture look blurred. Thats the only way I can describe it.

In the original release i used base , level 0 and level 2 to build my lighting. With V1.7 im using the preset default. This is my setting for France which seems fine. Can you suggest anything I can try.

Also I was hoping to find the rustic option which I particularly liked in France but Im now thinking that was available because France is V2.0

Seems a step back just at the moment but lets see what we can do

Graham

EDIT

After much tinkering Ive tried everything but i just cant get it to look as good as v1.1 im not sure what the answer is. You'll have to list everything you've changed so I can help you find out what is spoiling the effect at least for me. Maybe its because the ground splash is as bright as the lights themselves which makes me think I have double vision when flying at night.

At this moment though the wow factor has gone. Sorry I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

Graham

Graham it is not possible that the lights look less good then before, that’s just ridicules :)

do you exhibit the same effect with other v1.7 or 2.o regions?

sounds like something got messed up in your sim,

try reinstalling DX10, and flush your scenery index,

you don’t need to tinker much with v1.7, pull all sliders to max,

if it’s too much; inch back one click on the yellow slider,

Im making progress finally.

For other readers dont forget to re-run dx10 fixer. I think thats the reason they looked like dots instead of lights and slide those yellows back.

Much more testing to do.

Maybe Im expecting to much after France but as I say the rustic setting seem to make things seem less perfect which is actually better if you know what i mean.

Graham

Thanks Graham,
the rustic feature is designed to do exactly that; make things less perfect in realistic way
many of these features you see in France general section will be added later on in v1.8
this will give you similar controls found in NE v2.0 General section, with features like...

adjustable 3D light bawl size, 3D Light Brightness adjustment to sets the intensity of the selected 3D light ball; as well as our new star light 3D light ball,
Volumetric Lighting (P3D)/lateral (FSX) a light beam reflecting downward and through objects from each 3D light ball
as well as Cars Light Beam feature which adds a double light beam to all car traffic below,

and possibly more enhancements