Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Fltplan Go app for iPad - Way Cool!

Tried the step-by-step instructions by Frank P. and also TPerson and I can't get it to connect to FSX.  The app is working and configured, I'm signed in to FltPln.com, no go.

Anyone else having this problem?

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

It is working for me 100% now. Did you use my list of steps from July 12th at approx 7:14PM?

Are you signed in to Fltplan.com, or signed in on the iPad to the Fltplan Go app.  There is no need to be logged in to the web site, just log in on the app.

If you zoom way out so you can see a large area on the app's map, do you see an aircraft icon anywhere? Check the current physical location of your iPad on the map. i.e. if you are home check your home location on the map and see if there is an icon there. If so you need to go into your iPad Settings screen, scroll down into the list of apps to the Fltplan Go app, and make sure there the Location is set to Never. In the iPad app under Map and Options, make sure also that you have Enable Ship Position checked as well as Enable FSX Sim GPS.

When I was having trouble it was because my iPad and the computer on which I run FSX were not connected to the same network. Do you have more than one wireless access point in your home network? Do you have your iPad on a cellular service? If you are on cell service you will need to turn off cellular (for the time you are flying) and connect instead to the wifi network where your FSX computer is connected.

If you ran the FltPlanGo_FSX.exe file on your computer did you click the button to connect it to FSX?

I know its a lot of items to configure, but it is worth it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Tried the step-by-step instructions by Frank P. and also TPerson and I can't get it to connect to FSX.  The app is working and configured, I'm signed in to FltPln.com, no go.

Anyone else having this problem?

Jay

Are you running the iOS or Android version?  The Android version doesn't seem to connect to FSX.

Also it isn't necessary to be logged in to Fltplan.com to get the app to connect to FSX.

When I was having trouble it was because my iPad and the computer on which I run FSX were not connected to the same network. Do you have more than one wireless access point in your home network? Do you have your iPad on a cellular service? If you are on cell service you will need to turn off cellular (for the time you are flying) and connect instead to the wifi network where your FSX computer is connected.

If you ran the FltPlanGo_FSX.exe file on your computer did you click the button to connect it to FSX?

No need to turn off your cellular service just make sure WiFi is turned on before you run the FSX server app.  (FSX server app = FltPlanGo_FSX.exe)

Todd

No need to turn off your cellular service just make sure WiFi is turned on

OK. My iPad is not the Simm version.  Didn't know an iPad could be connected to two sources at one time.

Oh! One more item to mention once again: Requires IOS 7.0 or higher.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm not aware of any mobile device from the last 3 or 4 years that you have to turn off one to use the other.  But maybe so.  I do know that if you have a cellular capable iPad when you turn on WiFi it will select that automatically instead of 3G/4G.  So there's no need to manually turn off 3G/4G first.

Anyway getting off topic. :-)

Todd

I'm not aware of any mobile device from the last 3 or 4 years that you have to turn off one to use the other.  But maybe so.  I do know that if you have a cellular capable iPad when you turn on WiFi it will select that automatically instead of 3G/4G.  So there's no need to manually turn off 3G/4G first.

Thanks for that! Not at all off topic MHO. 

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Wow again! This afternoon I was completing a flight from Waukesha, Wi, to Indianapolis. When I went from the FltPlan Go app's Navlog page into "Navlog Options" via the button at the top left of that screen, from there I selected Arrival Airport, then Procedures, and choose my approach plate. Then I went back to the app's Map page.  When I got close enough to the end of my route I went back to the Airports page, where my approach plate was still open, and this is what I found!

The app not only shows it's airplane icon at your current FSX position on the app's Map page, it also shows it on the approach plates, and like on the Map page it moves along with you on the approach plate. Follows you all the way through the approach. onto the ground, and even via taxi. So after landing you can pull up the airport's Diagram from the Navlogs Airports Procedures page, and you have a moving map with your aircraft's icon to facilitate your taxi!  The App does not draw your track (called Breadcrumbs in the App) on the approach plate like you can have it do on the Map (route map) page.

Also, if you look at the bottom edge of the image on the right you can see the current Altitude, Speed, Lat/Lon Positon, Mag Course, and remaining Distance. Don't know how it arrived at that 290 knot speed as I was flying my Beech C90T at perhaps 130 knots at that point. It may be that it was catching up to my position since the previous time I had viewed that page and was still calculating.

I had zoomed my iPad when I captured the screen for the approach plate on the right so it did not show on that screen capture.

0001a%20fltpln-L.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS 

This is a great program, is there a program available that would show me the position map on a stand-alone pc?

The app not only shows it's airplane icon at your current FSX position on the app's Map page, it also shows it on the approach plates, and like on the Map page it moves along with you on the approach plate. Follows you all the way through the approach. onto the ground, and even via taxi. So after landing you can pull up the airport's Diagram from the Navlogs Airports Procedures page, and you have a moving map with your aircraft's icon to facilitate your taxi!  The App does not draw your track (called Breadcrumbs in the App) on the approach plate like you can have it do on the Map (route map) page.

In your original first post you said:

"And you can also pull up your approach charts, and zoom in on them. Or pull up the airport diagram to guide your post landing taxi. Plus access many other airport features. This is how the iPad works with flying in the real world!"

I thought from the get go that you were saying you could track your FSX position on the approach plates.  When I first tried the app the second thing I did was test the FSX tracking capabilities on an approach plate.

The app does show Breadcrumbs (tracking) on the approach plates and airport diagrams.  Select Airports from the ribbon and then select Procedures and select the plate or diagram that you want to use.  While viewing the approach plate/diagram tap once on the screen and a ribbon will appear at the top.  Tap "Breadcrumbs" to turn on tracking.

I also noticed that the airspeed that is displayed at the bottom is incorrect (too fast) when connected to FSX.

This is a great program, is there a program available that would show me the position map on a stand-alone pc?

For Sectionals and Hi/Low IFR charts BSSMM is free.  More info and the download link can be found at the bottom of the Blue Sky Scenery home page here.

I'm not aware of a current PC app that will track on a approach plate.

Todd

Also folks there are FltPlan Go PDF user manuals available.

iPad here.  Android here.

Todd

I thought from the get go that you were saying you could track your FSX position on the approach plates.  When I first tried the app the second thing I did was test the FSX tracking capabilities on an approach plate.

No, what I posted was that with the app, while flying, you can switch to the Airport page and pull up the approach chart for the approach you are assigned and review it. At that time I did not know, nor did I notice that the aircraft icon would show and move along on the approach plate.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Don't know how it arrived at that 290 knot speed as I was flying my Beech C90T at perhaps 130 knots at that point.

Same here. Always shows the speed much higher than what I am flying in FSX. 

Is everyone having the same issue? 

Eddie
KABQ

Same here. Always shows the speed much higher than what I am flying in FSX. 

Is everyone having the same issue? 

I have confirmed that for me it was not a one time occurrence, it is consistent.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Only available in US app store...  :Worried:

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png