Hi ,

Is anyone using the Alienware Area 51 for P3D? I am about to launch down the path of a new computer... Up until know I have always built my own machines.

Price is not the concern maxing out P3D and a good frame rate is the key objective

Intel® Core™ i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

ntel® Core™ i7-5960X Processor (8-cores, 20MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.0 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

Is it worth spending the extra on the 5960X?

I am also thing about the SLI version.

Cheers

Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi. I know you say price is not an issue (lucky you!), but I've always found I can get better specs (and much better warranty deals) for less money than an Alienware PC/laptop (especially now they've been taken over by Dell) by going to online 'build it for you' sites. Have you tried that in your own country?

Hi Andrew - The value for money equation with regard to paying the extra ~$500 for the 5960 doesn't add up considering the fairly minor performance gain.  I'd get the 5930 (which I use in my home-built machine) and spend the extra $ on GPUs for your SLI setup.  Just my $0.02.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64