Sign in to follow this  
Atki54

Please help trying to run Fs9 in Windows 8.1

Hi everyone. Let me explain that I am not very computer savvy.!!! I have just purchased a brand new gaming computer with windows 8.1 64bit, loaded my favorite sim Fs2004 only to find that on the final screen the relibable Cessna does not appear, as infact do none of the aircraft. Have I done something really stupid?

Is there a fix?

If there is please can it be simple to understand.

Fingers crossed

Atki54

Have I done something really stupid?

Yes..you bought Windows 8  :P   Seriously though. Personally I'd have gone for Windows 7.  But never mind, you should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 free of charge ....whether Windows-10 is any good remains to be seen..but at least there's the sanity of having the start button and programmes and folders as per Windows 7 etc.

As far as your actual fault goes..I'll leave that up to other members who no doubt have   Or try this >>

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/413719-fs9-with-windows-8/

Best regards.

If you mean the spinning aircraft in the Select Aircraft window is black, this is a common problem with recent video cards and drivers.  Do a web search for:

black window select aircraft fs2004

and you should see some possible solutions.

I have this too.  Just toggle to the windowed mode (Alt+Enter) when you are selecting your aircraft, and the planes will show up in the usual place in the flight set-up screen.  I'm not sure there is a permanent fix for this, but it is not a big deal.  By the way, 8.1 works with FS9 very well.

• Upvote 1

I have this too.  Just toggle to the windowed mode (Alt+Enter) when you are selecting your aircraft, and the planes will show up in the usual place in the flight set-up screen.  I'm not sure there is a permanent fix for this, but it is not a big deal.  By the way, 8.1 works with FS9 very well.

Also when you have toggled as mentioned above, go to 'views' and uncheck full screen option.

This will ensure that when you next start up you will be in windowed mode ,and your aircraft will be visible in all there glory in the selection screen.

You can also deselect open in full screen mode via your fs9 cfg as well .

Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077