Sign in to follow this  
byork

10 JULY 2015 - NGX REBOOT STATUS

JULY 10 2015

FS2CREW NGX REBOOT STATUS

Gents,

Well, I had hoped to release this weekend.  The runway was in sight and but I looked out the window and saw a few bugs on the runway that forced me to pull up and go around.

Again, apologies for the release delay, but NGX Reboot is the most in depth, most immersive and most complex FS2Crew ever, literally.  

It's essentially three FS2Crew's in one, but I'd rather deal with bugs now than on release day.

It will take me about a day or two to resolve the bugs (most are associated with SOP Set #3, you'll all going to love that one... it's different!), then I'll send out another Release Candidate to the beta team.

If I get the thumbs up, I'll launch the product.  

We're that close.  I'm working on this full time, 7 days a week to deliver you Reboot.

To answer some questions I've been getting via email:

Question: I am very proficient with FS2Crew NGX Legacy.  Will I need to read the Reboot Manual?

Answer:  Most definitely.  NGX Reboot is a very different product from Legacy.  I can't stress that enough.  SOP Set #3 in particular is very unique.  Reboot ships with three different SOP Sets, and we have a real-world 737 pilot assigned to each SOP set.  Each SOP set is unique as every airline does things their own way to a degree.  The manuals are a must.

Question:  Did you record new voice sets or are you using the old ones?

Answer:  Yes, new ones, we have over 3500 brand new recordings in Reboot. 

Question:  Will you be doing a Reboot for the 777?

Answer:  Probably not.  The 777 is still fairly new as it was released last fall.  We revisited the 737 NGX because the PMDG 737 NGX is my personal favorite FSX aircraft, and we believe that's it's probably the most actively used payware FS aircraft in FS history.  FS2Crew NGX is currently around three years old, and if any plane out there is worthy of a Reboot, it's the mighty PMDG 737 NGX.  

Question:  Does Reboot support Steam FSX and P3D, too?

Answer:  Of course!

Question:  Is there a Button Control version?

Answer:  Button Control and Voice control are combined together, the same way the 777 was.  Button Control is limited to SOP Set #2.

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Thanks for the update Bryan, its appreciate.

Very much look forward to using it.

Have a good weekend, hope the fixing of the bugs goes smoothly for you.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just a quick question: Can you explain me why the three SOP's arent available for the Button Control Version? Like you said, these three SOP's make this FS2Crew product to the most complex one. But for Button Control User (Who can't use Voice Control because of a missing WIndows English Voice Pack, like me), it pretty much doesnt make that much sense to buy the product because for the Button Control Version you dont get much new features. And even the 'best' SOP #3 isn't even available for Button Control. This makes me really said. I really looked forward to this product and wanted to buy it :(

Hi Bryan,

Can you release the manual before the software? we wan't to learn it before flying!  :rolleyes:

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

As to which SOP is best, that's subjective.

SOP 3 is very different from the standard Boeing style SOPs.  For example, the PF calls "Gear Up" before the PM calls "Positive Rate".  I had to ask our consultant about that twice to make sure that's correct as it seems really strange, but that's the way they do it.

Button is limited to SOP 2 because SOP 3 doesn't lend itself well to Button Control.  SOP 3 is a complex SOP and voice provides the necessarily flexibility that button doesn't.  We had the same issue with Emergency NGX.

SOP 1 and 2 are fairly similar since both follow Boeing to a large degree and they're more straight forward.

As for voice control:  Windows 10 is coming out in a couple weeks.  It'll be free for all legal Win 7 and 8 users.  It's great OS, and it will allow you to install the English - US language pack.

This is a huge plus for all non-anglosphere FS2Crew users who are still using Win 7.

In fact, we expect our Voice Control user base to increase dramatically with Windows 10 among simmers outside the anglosphere.

Hi Bryan,

Can you release the manual before the software? we wan't to learn it before flying!  :rolleyes:

Not possible.  I'll be tweaking the manual right up until release :-)

Ok no problem, we're waiting  :blush:

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

Are you able to divulge which airlines each sop simulates? I know one of them is Ryanair.

Our pilots asked that we not mention company names, but the cat is already out of the bag.  Still I can't say officially.

There's nothing top secret in the procedures as all the information is freely available on the internet, but we don't want to officially name names due to possible trademark  issues.  

That's why we refer to the 3 SOP sets as: SOP 1, SOP 2 and SOP 3 and make no reference to any real airlines.

As long as you're not expecting $130 US a pop

Don't worry, it won't be that much.

Good news for American customers is the USD is very strong compared to the Euro!

Our pilots asked that we not mention company names, but the cat is already out of the bag.  Still I can't say officially.

There's nothing top secret in the procedures as all the information is freely available on the internet, but we don't want to officially name names due to possible trademark  issues.  

That's why we refer to the 3 SOP sets as: SOP 1, SOP 2 and SOP 3 and make no reference to any real airlines.

Fair enough Bryan, perhaps instead you could identify the region where each is used - So SOP1 (North American), SOP2 (Europe), SOP3 (Asia).  This way as we use them we can use the SOP when flying in the region where used in the real world.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Great news Bryan!

Mark, I think there was some 'educated' guesses at the SOPs in the other thread towards the end of Page 8.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Mark it's something like

SOP1 Southwest

SOP2 Boeing = why you can use button.

SOP3 Ryanair

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Mark it's something like

SOP1 Southwest

SOP2 Boeing = why you can use button.

SOP3 Ryanair

1 and 2 are wrong.

However, we do know a SWA pilot, and he said that SWA is basically now using straight Boeing procedures.

Well Bryan

Let me try again!  :wink:

SOP 1 Boeing/ SWA

SOP 2 Could be AA- SAS - Virgin xxxx 

That better?