Sign in to follow this  
Chris X.

Why has become so slowly the support of PMDG

Hello ;)

I'm a little annoyed. 
The processing of the ticket always takes too long.

May be that the support is in a different time zone but e.g. for reactivations could yet offer a global support.
I'm waiting about 8 hour for it.

If PMDG needs help for that, let me now.

I'm in germany and at least 10/7 Online.

Greetings

(...)

(...)

(...)

I've gotten used to very fast support by a number of addon developers but I've never really been one to expect less than 8 hours for a response.

Wow, EIGHT HOURS!!

I'm happy when I hear back from any business within 24 hr.... and never expect a response in less than a few days. Good grief.

I understand it's frustrating if the problem is inability to use product, but relax and set your expectations to a more realistic level.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello ;)

I'm a little annoyed. 

May be that the support is in a different time zone but e.g. for reactivations could yet offer a global support.

If PMDG needs help for that, let me now.

I'm in germany and at least 10/7 Online.

Greetings

Chris,

Full names in the forum, please.

Despite having a dedicated staff of guys to help people out, with what usually amounts to around the clock service (since some of us are in different time zones, and on different work schedules), sometimes we can't jump into the queue immediately. I get that this is 2015, but not everything is instant, and expecting that from a simulator hobby is a bit much.

I apologize for the bluntness here, but I think we need to be pretty clear here:

First, the support site clearly mentions that you can expect a response within 48 hours. The last time we answered a ticket from you (exactly one week ago), it was answered at about the 4 hour mark. I just reactivated one of them at about the 9 hour mark, and I'm about to do the other one here in a second.

Second, that earlier ticket response (last week) noted that the 777 provides a function for you to return a license so that you do not hit this limit.

Third, I outlined in that ticket that you should avoid beta versions of operating systems in order to help avoid situations like this. If you absolutely feel that you must be on the bleeding edge of OS technology, then I think you should be a little more accommodating about the fact that you're asking for license resets more in one month than some people have in their entire purchase history with us.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello again

Kyle please understand my situation.
I'm a Beta Tester of Microsoft Windows 10 and work a lot on that so that later many users to feel comfortable. (tons of bug reports, posts, chats and so on)

I'm 100% sure I have reset the license a few days ago. (with FMC, after your last reactivation)

I'm sorry about the situation. I will renew my partitions. It can not go on like this.

However, I still very appreciate your work!!!

OK. It is now 0:16 am in Germany.

Have a good night guys. ;)

Chris Smith

Hello guys

Everything is alright. 

Tonight, another supporter has the last Key (was two) unlocked again.

For another users and Google (search function):

Pls take your time, if not immediately get an answer from PMDG.
Sometimes it goes fast, sometimes it takes a little longer.
Pls anticipates a waiting period, thats the better way.

Special thX to Kyle Rodgers and Paul Gollnick and of course to all other members here, who have responded or read.

Have a nice day ;)

Greets

Chris Smith

I've been patiently waiting reactivation of my 737NGX Base key as well, just popped in here to see if there was any information as to the length of time to get it reactivated.  I'll continue to sit by patiently and fly one of my other PMDG birds in the meantime :)  Thanks for all the support guys!!

Hello again

Kyle please understand my situation.

I'm a Beta Tester of Microsoft Windows 10 and work a lot on that so that later many users to feel comfortable. (tons of bug reports, posts, chats and so on)

I'm 100% sure I have reset the license a few days ago. (with FMC, after your last reactivation)

I'm sorry about the situation. I will renew my partitions. It can not go on like this.

However, I still very appreciate your work!!!

OK. It is now 0:16 am in Germany.

Have a good night guys. ;)

Chris Smith

Makes a little more sense now, and good call on the partitions. Thanks for your understanding!

Kyle Rodgers

I would recommend using a different machine for flight simming and one for testing, should solve the problem nicely :-).   I formatted my machine for the first time two years on Monday evening.   Pain to put everything back on it!   I am also considering a separate machine just for FSX.

Kind regards

Of course, this is the best solution but I have to save my money for PMDG products. :D
aaahm and I do not hope for a new 772 & 773 (after tons of activations) :D :D :D

Have a nice day ;)

Greets

C.Smith

Oh my, I can like to be confuzzled at this point... :blink:

Kyle, what the OP has failed to mention (I am a registered Windows 10 Insider Preview Tester) is that Microsoft state that all testing should be done on a computer that is not used for any other work that you feel is important. If the OP is having difficulties between Windows 10/FSX or P3D/ and an Add-on plane like PMDG's range of products, then he should refrain from using such products on his Windows 10 OS.

Kyle, on another point with Windows 10, all those sim enthusiasts that are eager to try out flight simming with Windows 10 should not expect support from any developer when there is a very positive chance that the error is with the use of Windows 10. When you are dealing with "Tickets" the person should state that they are using Windows 10 - then you should proceed with caution in dealing with the "Ticket", as the problem may not directly be caused by the Add-on.

With effect from 29 July, only the Home versions of Windows 7 and 8, etc  that have elected to have Windows 10 will be covered by Microsoft with full support. Until then as Microsoft are not covering users that are testing or otherwise "playing" with Windows 10, then you should be reluctant to provide support for your products on Windows 10. After the 29th there should not be an issue once the full Windows 10 is installed on the Home versions.

One final point on Windows 10. It is only a few weeks now when Microsoft, through the Windows 10 Insider Preview Programme, asked to use testers that are prepared to test on Windows XP SP3 and the likes of Linux, etc. Purely standalone computers which are not being used are important, because data WILL be lost, etc. Microsoft did not take into account computers that ran versions other than English and neither did they indicate this. The Windows 10 iso in English has corrupted a hard drive on one of our computers that has a French version XP OS. It cannot be rectified and a complete installation on to that computer is not possible. Microsoft are currently looking at this and the ramifications of such issues.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Meanwhile, I am very angry about it that I have told your all, I'm in a circle of beta testers.
btw there are several circles...if you not know what I mean, ask Google.
My honesty is punished here!

Take the time and look @ the roadmap of MS.

e.g.

Windows XP = ends (ATMs not now, because many of them runs with it)

Windows 7 = ends (no regular support more since 01/2015)

...and it will go on like this.

So and now comes Mr. Parr and suggests that it can be no more activations when the buyer has Windows 10 on it?!
This is incredible and can never be the solution.
I'll let here no details but after talk with some MS-Dev's the error was found and of course PMDG is properly running on a Windows 10 computer.

Windows 10 is already suitable for everyday use, so do not cry when Hackers exploit vulnerabilities on your Windows XP/7 PC's.

Pls btt or just close this thread.
thX!

I'm a Beta Tester of Microsoft Windows 10...

Are you an official beta tester for Microsoft?

So and now comes Mr. Parr and suggests that it can be no more activations when the buyer has Windows 10 on it?!

This is incredible and can never be the solution.

That was Martin's analysis, and not our policy, firstly.

Secondly, activations are a separate issue from incompatibility between an operating system and our software (which is what Martin was addressing).

No need to get worked up about someone's opinion. When it comes down to it, we don't officially support Win8, either, but if people need an extra activation and are in good standing, we'll definitely give them one. We just won't go chasing down all of the random issues Win8 had, which caused issues with all kinds of things (hardware, the sim, and so on).

Windows 10 is already suitable for everyday use, so do not cry when Hackers exploit vulnerabilities on your Windows XP/7 PC's.

Every piece of software will have vulnerabilities. Win10 might be an advance in that regard, but in time, exploits will be found. It's a fact of computing.

----------

Since the problem has been addressed and this thread is on the brink of spinning into a world of misinterpretation, among other things, we'll put this one to bed, shall we?

Kyle Rodgers