Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Windows 10 THIS MONTH! Questions for FSX

Is there a ROLLBACK possibility after updating?

I'll wait a while, as I've lots of stuff installed and even a triple boot with Ubuntu and OSX.

The very last thing I need is reinstallation...

Is there a ROLLBACK possibility after updating?

I'll wait a while, as I've lots of stuff installed and even a triple boot with Ubuntu and OSX.

The very last thing I need is reinstallation...

Yes.

I upgraded to the free version of Window 10 yesterday and the only thing that I noticed different with FSX Gold addition is I am now getting jagged textures. Can anyone help fix this please.

My system spec.

Windows 10 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP3

I upgraded to the free version of Window 10 yesterday and the only thing that I noticed different with FSX Gold addition is I am now getting jagged textures. Can anyone help fix this please.

My system spec.

Windows 10 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive

Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler

16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP3

I see you have an AMD card. If you use a program to set anti aliasing settings, they were probably lost during the upgrade. This happened to me with Nvidia Inspector.

Thanks for the reply linux731

Yes I do use a program to set ant aliasing settings. I have checked the settings in AMD Catalyst Control Centre and can see they are all still there.

I would upload an image but cannot work out how.

Hi all! A short report. I made a new, pretty pure and clean installation of Windows 10 RTM PRO 64 bt from BIOS (NOT upgrade!) with partition formatting. Then I installed a nVidia driver v. 353.62 and finally I installed all windows updates. Also I istalled all versions of Net.Framework and DirectX. And after these all manipulations I installed FSX on a formatted separate partition! Resault: FSX (with admin rights and WIN8 compatibility) works pretty fine in my prefered DX9 mode! May be this info helps to somebody)

Why fly? Simple. I'm not happy unless there's some room between me and the ground.

-Richard Bach, "A Gift of Wings" 1974

Hi,

after many attempts I finally succeeded in upgrading from w7prof to w10. Now as my first sim flight is going on backround I found out that pmdg 777's clever auto time compression don't work. Anybody else yet seen this?

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland