Just wanted to share my recent experience with Jetline Systems. 

A few months ago I started a generic thread here about purchasing an FSX rig and received a decent amount of feedback explaining how easy and cost effective it is to build one on your own. While I agree this is indeed true, I decided to steer away from buying hardware and building a rig of my own for a variety of reasons, mostly because I haven't had much free time on my hands. But rest assured, I acknowledge the cheapest route to building a rig is building one on your own. However, I was willing to pay extra to have one built properly, and boy was I glad I made that choice. 

I did my fair share of research on companies that build rigs for Flight Simulation purposes and came across a couple of manufactures that appeared to be of good quality. Flightsystems.ca was a company I had looked into, and truthfully I had a difficult finding any reviews on these guys (Maybe they are relatively new?). I'm sure they are an honest business that builds good rigs, however I just wasn't comfortable purchasing from a company that did not have already have a good reputation in the flight simulation community. 

And now to Jetline... upon my first initial phone call to inquire about purchasing a rig I spoke with to Greg, the front man of the operation. My overall customer experience with Greg was excellent, I told him exactly the kind of rig I was looking for and he was able to steer me in a way that was truly "no hassle". As far as pricing goes, I was asked not to make public the final agreed upon price (I will list specs below) because it was a negotiated deal. I will tell you the cost of the parts alone were probably a lot less than what I paid for, however a 30 day money back guarantee coupled with an accreditation by the Better Business Bureau was all that I needed to make me feel comfortable paying a bit extra. 

Waiting for delivery was a little awkward. Payment is required upfront, and waiting about 2 and 1/2 weeks after dropping some dough was a little unsettling, but I do have to say I did email Jetline a few times for status updates, to which they promptly responded back. 

Upon un-boxing my new purchase, I was surprised to find how bulky the machine actually was. When I first powered the computer on, I found the red lights that illuminated from the inside of the actual machine itself were pretty sweet. From the first push of the power button to the Windows 10 desktop took about 10 seconds which I liked. Loading FSX was even faster, even AFTER I installed my addons (FSDT sceneries, PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus to be exact). The machine came preinstalled with FSX acceleration, and my first flight I conducted was a simple flight in the traffic pattern at KHPN with the standard F-18 and almost fell out of my chair when I saw my frame rates (averaged 90-130 frames). 

I must admit, on day number two of having my rig I managed mess up a scenery download of Flightbeam KSFO and actually messed up my entire collection of FSDT sceneries thanks to a BGLMANX.dll issue. Boy was I glad to have Jetline support on my side. Ken from Jetline was able to remotely connect to my desktop, and resolve the issue in no time. 

Overall, the computer has performed quite nicely. It has handled my PMDG 737 & Aerosoft Airbus A320 addons with ease, averaging frame rates of 35-70 frames (in the NGX) at airports like FSDT KLAX coupled with addons like FSDT's GSX, FTX Global and Active Sky next. At high altitudes, I've experienced even higher frame rates, averaging 120-140 frames. I've yet to experience a single crash to desktop, and I've been able to enjoy flights of up to 4+ hours so far without a single issue. 

With my purchase of a Jetline PC, I have thus far been 100% satisfied and just wanted to give them my praise to the flight sim community. I would recommend these guys to anyone who is looking for a top notch product. Again, just wanted to share this experience for anyone who was interested. 

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Chassis: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced Black

Mainboard: ASRock Z97 Killer LGA 1150

Processor: Intel Core i7 4790K Quad Core (4.6GHz+ Overclock)

CPU Cooling: Corsair H80i Hydro Series Liquid Cooler

System Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 SDRAM 2133MHz (CL9)

Graphics Card: 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970

Sound Card: Integrated 5.1 Channel HD Audio

System Power: 750 Watt Corsair CX Series PSU

Primary Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO Solid State Drive

Optical Drive: 20x DVD/CD Burner Combo Drive

Regards, 

Hi Nick,

Great to hear this.

I am in a holding pattern awaiting delivery of my new beast from Ken and Greg! Looking forward to it. These guys are solid.

Enjoy your new baby.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I'll be going to Jetline for my next flightsim rig.  I've heard great things, and I've been impressed ever since I called them last fall about a new system, and they argued against my buying one - said I wouldn't be gaining enough performance to justify the cost.  Instant credibility as far as I was concerned.  I've built my last three flightsim computers, but like the OP, I'm short on time, and I'd rather have somebody else do the heavy lifting next time.  So, yes - good move.  Hope you enjoy it.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new rig Nick. I've also stayed away from the off the shelf stuff like Alienware since it's so over priced compared to what you can build or have built yourself.

I'm no builder and if I didn't have a Micro Center close to where I live I'd probably use Jetline myself. For me it's just easier to figure out what parts I'm going to need, order them from Newegg, then drop it off at Micro Center and pick it up the next day after they assemble it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've had one of their rigs for around six months. Couldn't be more pleased with the product and my experience with the company was excellent.

Walter Berger

Walter Berger

Just curious, how is buying a jetline system better than building your own with the same exact components?

Just curious, how is buying a jetline system better than building your own with the same exact components?

1 - You DON'T have to get all the right stuff and then build it

2 - Tested in all aspects before delivery

3 - Tweeked and Tuned for MAX Flight simulator performance

4 - Lifetime tech support

5 - See all the satisfied customer quotes above!

Basically if you wan't a professional Flight Sim Rig, that can expand to run a full mock up as my purchase is intended for!, I bought it for the JetMax 737 mockup primary core PC per suggestion by Perter Cos the owner of FDS/JetMax

Or just to have a very solid rig, expandable as the industry demands, gad they are awesome!  

Gregg and Ken, are two of the best!! if you wan't quality then by all means call JetLine and hookup!!!...by the way mine just ROCK'S!!!...just call Ken and he'll get ya rollin - have REX4 pre-installed also and you'll love it more...then add ActiveSky

Call them...ask questions...if your serious about a rig...you'll probably be getting one shortly after...and be VERY pleased you did!

From the first push of the power button to the Windows 10 desktop took about 10 seconds

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Not trying to nit pick, just want to know which OS is it? If it is 10, how is it with FSX?

1 - You DON'T have to get all the right stuff and then build it

2 - Tested in all aspects before delivery

3 - Tweeked and Tuned for MAX Flight simulator performance

4 - Lifetime tech support

5 - See all the satisfied customer quotes above!

Does this actually make it a better system though?  I see how all of this can be very appealing to some people but as an experience builder none of it makes the Jetline system better than something I can build myself. As a matter of fact, I would argue that for the same price I can build a better machine for myself than buying from them.

EDIT: The $4100 Gravity GTX prices out to a little over $2000. Just food for thought. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zjfgjX

as an experience builder none of it makes the Jetline system better than something I can build myself

As a matter of fact, I would argue that for the same price I can build a better machine for myself than buying from them.

Of course you can. You don't have to make a profit. As an inexperienced builder, I wouldn't know how to put the parts together.

Therefore, for me, Jetline Systems is an excellent choice.

Tom

Of course you can. You don't have to make a profit. As an inexperienced builder, I wouldn't know how to put the parts together.

Therefore, for me, Jetline Systems is an excellent choice.

I'm not knocking on people who buy their systems. People pay for convenience all the time. I was genuinely curious why people think that their systems are better than an equivalent system with the same specs? Unless they know something to squeeze extra performance from the hardware that even the hardware manufacturer doesn't, it should perform exactly the same.

Also, people were mentioning that Alienware are expensive (they are), but Jetline has a 50% markup on their top system. I, one person, can put this system together in about 3 hours max, including windows installation. Overclocking the 4790K to 4.6 (a mild overclock) will take me another 45 mins. Lets throw an extra hour just in case something goes wrong. So 5 hours MAX for this build. They are making $2100 profit. If it costs them $100 to ship it, that's $2000 for 5 hours of work. Seems like a pretty expensive service.

I'm not knocking on people who buy their systems. People pay for convenience all the time. I was genuinely curious why people think that their systems are better than an equivalent system with the same specs? Unless they know something to squeeze extra performance from the hardware that even the hardware manufacturer doesn't, it should perform exactly the same.

Also, people were mentioning that Alienware are expensive (they are), but Jetline has a 50% markup on their top system. I, one person, can put this system together in about 3 hours max, including windows installation. Overclocking the 4790K to 4.6 (a mild overclock) will take me another 45 mins. Lets throw an extra hour just in case something goes wrong. So 5 hours MAX for this build. They are making $2100 profit. If it costs them $100 to ship it, that's $2000 for 5 hours of work. Seems like a pretty expensive service.

It sounds to me that you have it all figured out. Since you took the time to explain how easy it is to save money when you build your own system, maybe you can also explain how to run a legitimate and profitable business? I'm all earns or "eyes."  :lol:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It sounds to me that you have it all figured out. Since you took the time to explain how easy it is to save money when you build your own system, maybe you can also explain how to run a legitimate and profitable business? I'm all earns or "eyes."  :lol:

I'm sorry if what I said offended you. I'm simply stating that Jetline Systems has the same markup as Alienware, who many people consider "expensive" and "trash". What does 'legitimate and profitable business' have to do with anything I said? I can sell my toenail clippings and that can be a legitimate and profitable business if I can find people to pay absurd prices.

There is nothing wrong with paying for convenience but people here hyping up Jetline makes it seem like they offer something you can't get anywhere else. To put it mildy, Jetline is a company who will assemble your PC for a very premium price. There is nothing wrong with them. If there are people willing to pay, then kudos to them. But to imply that Jetline > other PC building companies is simply foolish and wrong.

I'm sorry if what I said offended you. I'm simply stating that Jetline Systems has the same markup as Alienware, who many people consider "expensive" and "trash". What does 'legitimate and profitable business' have to do with anything I said? I can sell my toenail clippings and that can be a legitimate and profitable business if I can find people to pay absurd prices.

There is nothing wrong with paying for convenience but people here hyping up Jetline makes it seem like they offer something you can't get anywhere else. To put it mildy, Jetline is a company who will assemble your PC for a very premium price. There is nothing wrong with them. If there are people willing to pay, then kudos to them. But to imply that Jetline > other PC building companies is simply foolish and wrong.

I was hoping not to derail this thread and certainly not to have to explain what being a profitable and legit business has to do with pricing. So I won't!

You did not offend me and I'll just let you remain ignorant.

You can start a new thread in the hardware forum and I'm sure some members will be more than happy to chat about how to build a computer at a reduced price.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Not trying to nit pick, just want to know which OS is it? If it is 10, how is it with FSX?

My apologies Capt, it is IOS Windows 7 and not Windows 10. 

- Nick