Sign in to follow this  
Bryan Lee

Live Camera and ASN

I was just wondering if it is possible to get the Opus Live Camera effects to work in conjunction with ASN. It seems like it works fine on the ground but once I get airborne the turbulent motion starts and NEVER stops. 

I like ASN for weather, but I very much like the Opus camera movements, is there any way to make them work together? Perhaps you could offer a separate program that is only the Live camera to be used with all add-ons? 

I have the feeling its just going to be "if you want the camera effects you have to use Opus weather too" but I would really like to hear something different. Thanks.

It is possible but will never give such realistic or perfect coordination of the DHM, since the DHM will not be able to be intelligently supervised using the one million plus meteorological parameters within the highly detailed and more realistic OpusFSI Live Weather Engine (LWE).

The OpusFSI Live Weather Engine produces far more realistic and detailed weather than any other engine and so we do not recommend the use of any other source of weather. The OpusFSI LWE also provides the optimum turbulence, wind shear, and DHM parameters and real time control.

If you want detailed and realistic weather then stick to OpusFSI, you can still make use of the ASN Wx Radar feature if you wish as this data is independent of the weather source.

Stephen :-)

Remember the weather data inside the sim is primitive when compared with the meteorological data used and maintained within the OpusFSI LWE and could never be used to provide real time control supervision of the real world DHM. However, we do have plans to improve the DHM supervision using the simulator's weather data. This will not be in real time nor as good as using the OpusFSI LWE data, it never could be, but it will be improved over the current basic measures. Personally, I still do not see why anyone would want to use this option as the weather you get with other weather engines will never be superior to the weather prepared and injected by OpusFSI.

Integration...

We have no objections in principle to providing greater integration with packages such as ASN. This is provided the Opus and Active Sky licensing can be validated and not compromised. It is also provided users would be given a free choice of what source of weather (weather engine) they prefer to use for their flight. This would allow both OpusFSI and ASN packages to be employed and integrated providing weather and coordinated DHM supervision etc..

However, you can currently make use of the ASN Weather Radar feature should you wish whilst using the OpusFSI Live Weather Engine. Its just doesn't provide an integrated solution at present.

Stephen :-)