Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

Undocking any panel to second screen tanks FPS! HELP

Hi

JUst completed install of p3dv2.5 no hot fix yet. running i7490@4.75 GTX Titan

Soon as panel undocked to second screen FPS is halved, GPU utilisation also drops by about half, AND the fps reduces further for each new panel you undock and move to second screen.

Never seen it this bad, I get a couple of fps drop normally when undocking panel to second screen, but not half drop

any  ideas

cheers

Are you undocking a VC view for the panel? If that is the case, you're running a complete instance of the game a second time, which means that your CPU has to produce every frame twice, which causes the FPS to drop by 50%.

Cheers!

Maarten

Try check your monitors refresh rate

Set it to 60HZ on all if you can even if windows is telling you it runs ar 60HZ overwrite it again.

Also check your P3D.cfg and see if it is the same resolution in there as your windows monitor resolution.

Sometimes after a reinstall i also have this issue and have to remember what was going on

Michael Moe

let me know if it works

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks gents, I am undocking gauges only no views.

Hi MIc

Just checked refresh rate on main screen is 60Hz but the smaller gauges screen refresh rate is 30Hz , does not allow setting to 60Hz, but main screen is 60Hz.

Do you think varying refresh rate cause this issue. The smaller monitor is new, I think the older one was 60Hz too.

The fps drop happens even before I move gauge to second screen.

I just have to right  click gauge and move mouse over undock, and fps halves.

Move to second screen and fps stays same way, halfed.

close the gauge, fps stays halfed.

I have also checked cfg to ensure both screens have correct resolution, but the fps drop happens soon as I undock on main screen, does not drop further moving to second screen.

But fps drops further for each new undocked gauge

cheers

correction this has non to do with second screen, just undock any panel, fps halfs for each new undocked window

I had this as well .

Check that VSYNC is not on in the Nvidia controlpanel.

Can you test with a nother 60hz monitor ?

Sometimes windows 7 is showing 59HZ. You need to manually set it to 60HZ and it will return to 59HZ. When you do that IT IS 60HZ.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks for all your help folks

This turned out to be a very revealing issue for, but cause my cooling system is exceptional, I had lots of options when this problem turned out to be heat related.

Also had to roll baclk to earlier 2015 NVidia driver to stop grames hafling,

then gpu starts crashing, could not keep up with cpu 4.79ghz oc

always keep your temps in view in early days of a new setup, nearly fried my titan, as I stepped it up to cpu oc.

gpu need higher min voltage, pc case needed  some crap removed to improve air flow, and voila my first flight I n p3d 2.5  AND ITHE CLOUDS ARE STUNNING, VIEWS ARE STUNNING , that said using all the usual addons orbyx,rex,asnext, rex soft clouds etc

VERY SMOOTH, but then also the c drive is 3 ssd raid, mand p3d drive is a 2 ssd raid.

nearly had to go buy titanx with my rent money, but uping the cooling and voltage made my titan save the day

in short I think halfing of fps was due to latest nvdia river, currently using I think 352, anyway one from about 3 drivers ago.

thkns for the help, goto sleep now, gona be a blue screen dream

finally got to the bottom of the bottom of this one.

It was ASus GPU Tweak tool that runs the gpu oc, basically I set frames in the tool to 45, in p3d getting 15 soon as window undock

Problem was, when I disable the fps control I gpu tweak, it remains, unless I use NVidia inspector to remove the 45 fps setting.

After having this issue for 2weeks, was not till yesterday I decided to install nvi inspector to check things out.

Asus GPU tweak is great for its temperature based oc options, but its a buggy tool in  a dangerous.

ASUS GPU TWEAK USER MODE FAN CONTROL IS BUGGY  AND NEALRY FRIED MY GPU. BASICALLY IF THE TOOL CRASHES , YOUR FAN SETTINGS SEEME TO GO WITH IT, AND NEXT TIME YOU RUN THE GPU IT WILL KEEP FAN AT DEFUALT LOW SPEED TILL YOUR CARD FRIES.

the dan asus titan cant keep up with my 4790k 4.79Ghz oc anyway, so going for evga titanx hybrid. the old titan just keeps crashing @cpu 4.79.

SO BEWARE WHEN SETTING  FPS OUTSIDE P3D OR FSX. NOT ONLY COULD THE RESULT BE CRAP, YOU MAY HAVE TO GO INTO INSPECTOR TO RESET FPS

Thanks for the help gents

Watch out for latest EVGA precision !!

causing my fps to drop soon as undock panel , back to evga v 3.25.

Hi .. I had this problem and pulled my hair out for weeks trying to figure it out .. Finally I came across a fix ..

Go into NVIDIA control panel under Program Settings and select Prepar3d .. change Powere management mode to "Prefer maximum performance" and apply the change ..

Actually, I ended up choosing "Prefer maximum performance" under Global Settings as well, because it seemed to help with other issues I was having (such as my Oculus Rift frequently losing the HDMI connection without reason) .. However, you can start with just applying it to Prepar3d and that may be all you need  ..

That should sort you out .. Enjoy!!

• Upvote 1

Hi .. I had this problem and pulled my hair out for weeks trying to figure it out .. Finally I came across a fix ..

Go into NVIDIA control panel under Program Settings and select Prepar3d .. change Powere management mode to "Prefer maximum performance" and apply the change ..

Actually, I ended up choosing "Prefer maximum performance" under Global Settings as well, because it seemed to help with other issues I was having (such as my Oculus Rift frequently losing the HDMI connection without reason) .. However, you can start with just applying it to Prepar3d and that may be all you need  ..

That should sort you out .. Enjoy!!

Thanks wmayott - fixed my problem as well.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi,

Go to NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings.
Change Multi-Display/Mixed-GPU acceleration to 'Single display performance mode'.
Close NVIDIA Control Panel
Run P3D.

cheers
M@rCZyn