Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

What else besides FSNAV...

>Give up on FSNav, it was a great flight planner for earlier>releases of MSFS, but it's flight is over.Disagree there .. I still have hope like many others here - that Helge will have good news for us some day .. just don't know when.RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Guest Arry

Hello,does FSFK work with FS9 AND FS10 or just with FS9 ?Happy flyingArry

I've been using FSCommander as a stop gap and the more I use it the more I think it may be more than a stop gap . I like, particularly, the airport detail it shows, e.g. parking slots, taxiways, etc. I don't, like some, believe we've seen the last of FsNav. Helge said the FSX version is expected mid-2007 and I'm prepared to accept that that time is not yet past. Although he's a very uncommunicative chap, FsNav is still the best add-on product I've ever used alongside MSFS and I'll be near the front of the queue when his latest version hits the streets.Paul Croft15 miles north of EGKK

Pete Dowson made a small change to FSUIPC4 to allow FSX and FS Flight Keeper v3 to communicate with each other.The gauge won't work and you can't build a database of FSX scenery but in most other respects it seems fine.FSUIPC v4.12 can be downloaded here http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=55488I also hope that FSNav5 will arrive. There is no better flight planning sofware in my opinion.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I also disagree, you may call me cheap but I still use FSNav on my old flight sim computer for flight planning, looking up data, etc., it's right beside the FSX computer. It works for me, I may not even buy another flight planner. Good luck! erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Don't sell FSM Moving Map short. Besides it being free, IMHO there is nothing quite like having your flight displayed on a real aeronautical chart. Or for those low and slow lazy jaunts, an ordinary highway map.John

Guest Len

>I've been using FSCommander as a stop gap and the more I use>it the more I think it may be more than a stop gap . I>like, particularly, the airport detail it shows, e.g. parking>slots, taxiways, etc. >>I don't, like some, believe we've seen the last of FsNav. >Helge said the FSX version is expected mid-2007 and I'm>prepared to accept that that time is not yet past. Although>he's a very uncommunicative chap, FsNav is still the best>add-on product I've ever used alongside MSFS and I'll be near>the front of the queue when his latest version hits the>streets.>>Paul Croft>15 miles north of EGKKI agree. I've used FSNav for years and I'm deficient flight planning wise for not having it for FSX. The in-flight moving map is invaluable and has always been great on framerates. I'm biding my time.

Guest Arry

Thanks Ray,I will try it with the new FSUIPC version.But on the other side, I really like FSNavigator best and I am still running it on one computer with FS9, that is connecte via wideview with my server.Another Moving Map program, that is really great, is Navigation from Franc

A few years ago I ran Encarta (remember that?) with its excellent political maps on a separate screen to FS and thought wouldn't it he great if the two could talk to one another? I had to use lat/lon to work out what I was looking at below.I yearn for a moving map program that, rather than show me I'm flying over the ZZZ VOR it showed I was flying over this city or that river. FS9 and now FSX shows the populated areas in great detail together with the various rivers, mountains and other geographical features but without a suitable map I don't know what towns, cities or rivers they are (apart from the obvious ones like London, New York, Mississippi etc.)Obviously there are copyright issues to agree on but if suitable 3rd parties could get together I feel this is a product people would benefit from.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,Sounds like FSM Moving Map does exactly what you are looking for. Using a sectional as the map base, in addition to the navaids and airports you have towns, roads, railroads, rivers, lakes, mountain peaks, and a host of other geographic and cultural features on display.John

A new moving map specifically for FSX using SimConnect just posted in the library yesterday. Search on yamm_v-1.1.zip.John

Hi John,I tried FSM MM when Rana was active a couple of years ago but it didn't suit my needs.I was something with no aeronautical information at all. Just a normal map like this taken from MS Encarta.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174876.jpgI'll take a look at that new MM program. Hopefully it will suit.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I agree with you. Looks like some people don't understand FS Navigator is different and better than all the other moving maps because it can be used inside FS. That is the feature that makes all the difference and i wonder why nobody else came up (yet) with a MM with this feature. If a map like this is released it will be a huge success, even if it doesn't have some other features other maps have. Until then, lots of us who just use 1 computer for simming will wait and hope Helge is still in business.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Hi Ray,I'm 1/4" from P'Boro'RegardsMick>Hi John,>>I tried FSM MM when Rana was active a couple of years ago but>it didn't suit my needs.>>I was something with no aeronautical information at all. Just>a normal map like this taken from MS Encarta.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174876.jpg>>I'll take a look at that new MM program. Hopefully it will>suit.>>Cheers,

Hi Mick,LOL! I'm the same distance from Manchester - heading 180.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather