Sign in to follow this  
lewblok

FMC some altitudes are red

I am programming my FMC for a KAMA-KDEN flight and when setting up the approach to 35R, on one of the approach points, I get a 7000/9000 in red and I for the life of me cannot remember what that is indicative of.  I tried looking through the manuals, but so many pages and hard to find the info I am looking for.  Maybe some smart simmer can help me out???Thanks

Lewis Block

Do you mean purple instead of red?

If it is purple they are restrictions that the aircraft via VNAV will adhere to.

I have never seen red in the FMC

Yes I mean magenta not red.  So is the aircraft FMC going to automatically go to these altitudes on a final approach fix of magenta 7000/9000 or do I have to do the altitude intervention??  Thanks

Lewis Block

It will try to meet those, however you will find that sometimes you need to give it a helping hand with some speed break etc. But yes, it will descend to meet you're restrictions

It would be a very good idea to fly the tutorials for the aircraft (never mentioned) in question.

Dan Downs KCRP

All of the responses and no one has said what the magenta 7000/9000 is indicative of on the FMC?  Just thought someone would know.  Thanks for the responses.

Lewis Block

All of the responses and no one has said what the magenta 7000/9000 is indicative of on the FMC?  Just thought someone would know.  Thanks for the responses.

Second post:

"If it is purple they are restrictions that the aircraft via VNAV will adhere to. "

That's the answer, though Dan's answer is probably a bit more helpful, even though it might not seem like it.

Kyle Rodgers

I did fly the tutorials, but don't remember that particular instance.  Appreciate finding out what it is.  Thanks everyone for the help. 

Lewis
Block