Sign in to follow this  
Rottenlungs

A word of warning about the freeware Sofia airport

Guest panda234

If you're into organizing your folders and files you might want to be careful of this. It installs via an executable that dosn't create a new subdirectory in your addon directory but just dumps the scenery and texture files into the repspective addon/scenery and addon/texture directories. Nothing seems to get added to the scenery.cfg, but I guess if they're in the main folder there is no requirement for an entry. Some of the files have fairly common names--like parking.bgl--so there is a possibility of overwriting some existing files also. Maybe I'm a compulsive organizer but this post is for any other compulsive organizers that may be out there. :-)EDIT: But sitting here at the gate, I have to say it does look like a nice airport. Maybe I messed up the install or something...billg

Guest panda234

Hi Andrew. I did that already but thought I'd post here as well to give a heads up. billg

Guest wildfire563

Hence why I never install an executable to FS9 directly.Thomas

Absolutely..A good installer is nice, but there is no standard so I always install to a temp location and see what folders it creates.Nothing worse than not knowing what the installer has done..CheersLungs

Just installed this scenery with no problem. The automatic installer gave me the option of extracting the files to a temp folder. Before placing the extracted in their folders I "add" them to the original download file using Winzip and then delete the original auto-installer .exe file so I don't have to fool with the auto-installer again.