Sign in to follow this  
froggy

ASN does not start after clicking Desktop Icon

As the title says, I get nothing after I click the ASN desktop icon, not even the "Stormy" intro sounds.

I recently had a lot of trouble with FSX after encountering some graphical issues, and the only thing I can think of that may have affected ASN would be deleting the FSX.cfg

I used the compatibiliteit optioneel and switchend back to Vista. This worked for me.

Pyro

Sorry, must be switched back! Automatic translation corrupted the message.

Pyro

Regards,

FS Drijver

Hello Jarad,

When you have situated the ASN icon in the taskbar on the desktop try to move it to the desktop itself and double-click. Otherwise, move it to the taskbar and click.

If no results, go to c:\Program Files (x86)ASNext_FSX and copy file ASNext.exe to desktop. It all is worth the try.

Succes,

Ben

If you have a look at the HiFi forums it's a conflict with AVG antivirus you need to make an exception for ASN.exe using the advanced settings in your AVG. Hope this helped.

Steve.

Sp2 Compatibility worked. Thank you guys  :wub:

Just when  I was about to throw my computer through the window, the Avsim forums come to the rescue. 

Hello Everyone!

I am happy to see the community coming together and helping each other! Glad the issue above has been resolved and, if in the future, you have any questions or need further assistance, you are welcome to open a support ticket at: support.hifitechinc.com

I hope you all have a great week!

Hello Everyone!

I am happy to see the community coming together and helping each other! Glad the issue above has been resolved and, if in the future, you have any questions or need further assistance, you are welcome to open a support ticket at: support.hifitechinc.com

I hope you all have a great week!

hello,

I am having the same issue. Several fixes are suggested here. Which one is the correct fix?; 

Computers will never cease to amaze me:One day a program works and the next day it does not even though nothing has seemingly changed. frustrating! 

hello,

I am having the same issue. Several fixes are suggested here. Which one is the correct fix?; 

Computers will never cease to amaze me:One day a program works and the next day it does not even though nothing has seemingly changed. frustrating! 

Hello,

If you have tried all the above recommendations, please open a support ticket so that our team can further assist you: support.hifitechinc.com 

Thank you!

Hello,

If you have tried all the above recommendations, please open a support ticket so that our team can further assist you: support.hifitechinc.com 

Thank you!

Hello,

I tried the compatibility fix (XP SP 2) and now it is working. 

It puzzles me to have to do that now when it used to work . Why a new program like ASN needs to be compatible with XP SP2 when used on windows 7???  :blink:

Guys/Gals,

Please submit support tickets regarding this issue.

It is most likely the latest AVG update which we have confirmed on our end.

You can open a support ticket here:

http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Thank You!

HiFi Support

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Hello Ladies/Gentlemen,

We are looking for one or two user to submit a support ticket regarding this issue so that our Development team can conduct testing and investigate if this issue truly lies with AVG antivirus or if there is another conflict that is not allowing ASN to open.

We greatly appreciate your submissions and allowing our Development team get to the bottom of this.

Please open a support ticket at: http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Thank you in advance for your time and support!