Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

RSR: "A year from now [...] the first previews of our upcoming 7_7 project"

Just wondering - why are we seeing tidbits like this in magazines, but not being informed here by someone at PMDG? Seems like there's little point of having this forum if such information isn't going to be shared here.

am fairly certain someone from PMDG ruled out a Boeing 757, as this is the project that Level-D is supposedly (it's been about a decade now I think) working on and PMDG won't jeopardise their good relationship with Level-D by doing the same aircraft. I

Well wouldnt it be great if PMDG just took over or helped on that 757 project if they have that relationship? That would make sense. Im personally hoping for 757 767 assuming this is all true. The QW guys have been working really hard on the 787 which looks pretty darn good so far, and they work on it part time. Theres just no good 57 67 around anymore. Lvl D 67 is just too old to use.

Oh the speculations!  Speaking of which, we are nearing August when releases coincidentally end up being..... Where are you QOTS?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

To be perfectly honest with you Dave, I doubt there is a Level-D 757 anymore. The Level-D 767 was released for FSX in about 2007 if I recall. That's nearly ten years of nothing since then. The forum moderator kept saying that when they had something worth showing, they'd do so with an update. This was said on numerous occasions. I gave up checking for updates literally years ago. I think they've gone the same way as the old Aeroworx guys did after they completed their King Air B200 for FS9 - kept the forum going but quietly killed the project without telling anyone. Having some knowledge of programming, I know this much - taking over someone else's code and trying to build upon an unfinished product is the stuff of nightmares. Every programmer has their own little idiosyncrasies and everyone creates code in a slightly different way and for someone to come in and take over would be just asking for trouble. It (a Level-D 757 or PMDG taking over that project) is not going to happen in my opinion. If I'm wrong, however, I'll be happily wrong as I love the Level-D 767.

So the 717/MD-95 doesn't count?

Actually, given the fact that PMDG did the MD-11, an MD-95/717 might not be that far off.

Joe Sherrill

75/76/787 would be perfect for us as our guy Alec from Thomson Airways (TUI) has just moved off the 757/767 mixed fleet onto the 787, via a short spell on the 737 NG. The 'other guys' are of course developing the 787 but it remains to be seen whether it can move the dial in the way the NG and then the 777 did.

My money would be on the 787 although a part of me does hanker after a 757 or 76. There are still many of them around and the 757 in particular has never been given the masterpiece treatment. The 76 did at least come to life with the wonderful Level D version but that is now a golden oldie by FS standards. We can but dream! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

So the 717/MD-95 doesn't count? :P

Lol, it counts I just forgot to list it.

Ok, so the possibilities are 707, 717, 727, 757, 767, 787..

Unless they are going to starting doing older aircraft like they are with the DC-6, that would rule out the 707 and 727.

That leaves us with the 717, 757, 767, and 787.

Unless they have had a change of heart regarding Level-D and the 757 and 767, that rules those two out.

Leaving us with the 717 and 787.

With declining usage of the 717 and low sales numbers of the MD-11, we can probably eliminate that one.

Through deductions based on what PMDG has said in the past, the most probable would seem to be the 787.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is always funny to watch you guys talking about us in the 3rd person like we aren't in the room.  :-p

(Note: The above comment is not intended to confirm or deny any of the rumors, innuendo, wild-guesses, or just plain old conjecture present in this thread- except for that one guy who guessed correctly, but this thread will not confirm which guy that was...)  :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

of course Rob an observation in that case is a good place ... glad we entertained you ...

Phil

I'm going to guess a 767-400 because when Boeing renovated the 764 cockpit, the layout and software are both very similar to both the Boeing 777 and 744's. PMDG already has the 777 layouts and software in their hands to play around with.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Unless they have had a change of heart regarding Level-D and the 757 and 767, that rules those two out.

The level d 757 will never see the light of day, and while a combined PMDG development of 757/767 would be interesting, I would think that the 787 would certainly get more attention in both the consumer entertainment and also commercial training spheres.

Hi Robert,

It is always funny to watch you guys talking about us in the 3rd person like we aren't in the room.  :-p

(Note: The above comment is not intended to confirm or deny any of the rumors, innuendo, wild-guesses, or just plain old conjecture present in this thread- except for that one guy who guessed correctly, but this thread will not confirm which guy that was...)  :ph34r:

Now this  is just plain mean, to let us in the dark, ain't it?

Best

Holger Kneib

Just when the discussion was dying down, most votes going the same way, along comes Robert to drop a fresh remark in to stir up discussion.

Hey Robert, you wouldn't be using this thread to keep the rest of the forum quiet, right?  :ph34r:

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg