Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

RSR: "A year from now [...] the first previews of our upcoming 7_7 project"

Sorry mate, I also mentioned the 747-200. Makes two of us, we're out of here. Unless the -200 isn't a classic?

However, I'm sure R Raz was doing his own trolling, and maybe wasn't being serious

I wish I were a multi-billionaire so I could commission PMDG to do my own personal simulation  :lol: A PMDG level 747-200 would make me a very, very, very happy man.

I love the fact you think you need to be a multi-billionaire, because just a billionaire wouldn't be enough money :P

I have thought about trying to get FS9 just so I can get my -200 running. I enjoyed it that much

Loving all the additions of non-7_7 aircraft.

Apparently there are a few aircraft out there that I've never heard of...

Seriously, Robert - why do you make comments regarding future projects/updates in magazines and such but don't provide us with the same information here on the PMDG forum? I don't buy flight sim magazines. To be honest, it seems ridiculous that you'd do this.

Questions were asked by an interviewer. Answers were provided. Done. It wasn't like someone was scheming in the background saying "you know how we can really screw with the forum?!?!?!?"  :diablo:

If you don't read magazines then you'll have to wait for when information is released here on the forum.

...or wait...I guess since we have a forum we should not release information via any other media, anywhere, unless we have a post ready to fire off to satisfy our forum members, who are to be held in the highest regard out of all of our customers.

If you're not going to provide updates here, why bother having the forum?

I dunno...but it seems to have worked in your favor this seemingly pointless forum exists since you found out about the article and its contents here on said forum, without us releasing some official announcement.

Heck, it was just a teaser anyway. It's not like we released some solid information that would otherwise be big news. It might be exciting to speculate, but last I checked, companies don't usually sit down and write up huge releases just to say "we're gonna release something in the future."

Why? Because that's self-evident. Why? Because that's how businesses work, unless you don't want to remain in business.

Recently, I've been trying to be a lot kinder in my responses, but this isn't the first diatribe from you that we've witnessed here, and this isn't even the first diatribe in this single thread...so...climb down off your horse and knock it off.

Voicing your displeasure like you did earlier on in this thread is one thing. Continuing to openly badger someone - either on the team, or simply a member of the forum - is not something that's going to fly (har har, punny) here in the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

We know the 757 is not happening for FSX, but they never said anything about XP. Also I don't think they ever agreed with LDS to not produce a 767 - I was under the assumption that was only for the 757. I'm assuming that the 7_7 is initially meant for XP since RSR mentions XPX right after mentioning the 7_7 in the PC Pilot article, so a 757/767 for XP isn't out of the question. 757/767 is without a doubt my favorite family of aircraft ever.

That said, I'd love to do 20 minute island hops in Hawaii with a 717, just like Hawaiian Airlines does in real life...

EDIT: only one person has said the 797 so far as well, so get hyped!!

Another quote somebody posted at the org:

"Our evaluation of X-Plane as a platform will take place after we release our first first full Boeing airliner into the platform in 2016."

RSR already mentioned before that after the DC-6 release they'll start pushing one of the existing airliners ... so the 2016 release for Xplane is going to be the NGX or the T7 , or maybe even the 747V2 but they need to release it first for FSX so IMO it's not likely it'll be the first PMDG Boeing airliner that'll come to XPX. 

Gal Cohen 

I see alot of strange things here regarding the 787 and it being so similar to the 75 and 74. The 787 has its main commonality with the 777. If you compare

the overhead its very easy to see (and yes the 777 OH is developed from the 75/76 i know, but the 787 is a renewal of the 777 again)

If its true what I read in here, that PMDG is going to be a training provider for Boeing, then a 787 makes all that much sense. They provide a "level-d" desktop trainer

software and voilà, Boeing has a great training product to offer their customers.

And also, the 787 will not be remotely close to a "ground up"-project like a 717 or 757/767-project will be. They already made a HUD work in FSX as it does in real life.

They have made a 777 system from ground up. They have intimate knowledge of the two aircrafts that are most similar to the 787, namely the 737NG and 777.

A 727 would really not make sense, nor would a 707, unless they made them as a vintage a-là DC-6 project. That would have been great though!

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

Questions were asked by an interviewer. Answers were provided. Done. It wasn't like someone was scheming in the background saying "you know how we can really screw with the forum?!?!?!?" :diablo:

If you don't read magazines then you'll have to wait for when information is released here on the forum.

...or wait...I guess since we have a forum we should not release information via any other media, anywhere, unless we have a post ready to fire off to satisfy our forum members, who are to be held in the highest regard out of all of our customers.

Like we've been waiting for some kind of official comment about what was announced at the recent conference presentation? Some fairly important things were made public then. There hasn't been an RSR announcement thread here since the last preview thread for the 747v2, which has 13 May, two months ago. Of course we can view the videos of his presentation that ended up on Youtube, but still no word here about the things that were said then. This is the first place people will go to see what is happening with PMDG programmes and there is no official coverage of it here.

I realise writing forum announcements takes up valuable time which might be better spent, but the forum has traditionally been the place to put such things and it's been a long time since the last update. I know the form: nothing will be said until there's something to say. But things have been said at the presentation and in the interview, but nothing to the main audience here in the forum. It's not a problem that things are said in other places of course, but it would be good if everything that was announced also appeared in the forum so there is one place people can refer to get all news updates.

Any news on when the next announcement might be? ^_^ :P

ki9cAAb.jpg

Just as an aside, I'm not a billionaire but Kyle, do you think RSR and the crew would make me a 747-200 sim if I gave him £100? Since I've moved and got a job in London I'm a bit short...  :lol:

It does make me smile seeing people clamour for news like this. Certainly a testament to the love there is out there for PMDG. I shall await this '7_7' project with excitement. Given the 777/748 commonality though, I'm pretty sure it'll be the dreamliner.  

Well, after reading RSR's reply in this thread, I'm starting to believe that the "7_7 Project" is the flight sim center that PMDG are building and announced at FlightSimCon - I think that was what TheFlightSimGuy was referring to earlier http://forum.avsim.net/topic/471581-rsr-a-year-from-now-the-first-previews-of-our-upcoming-7-7-project/page-3#entry3267557

if that is the case, it'd be a "737 and 747 Project" and it was probably "upcoming" during the time of the PC Pilot interview. Oh well!  :ph34r:

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Well, after reading RSR's reply in this thread, I'm starting to believe that the "7_7 Project" is the flight sim center that PMDG are building and announced at FlightSimCon - I think that was what TheFlightSimGuy was referring to earlier http://forum.avsim.net/topic/471581-rsr-a-year-from-now-the-first-previews-of-our-upcoming-7-7-project/page-3#entry3267557

if that is the case, it'd be a "737 and 747 Project" and it was probably "upcoming" during the time of the PC Pilot interview. Oh well!  :ph34r:

Ahh, that's a tad anti-climactic. Never mind.

I'm betting it will be the 787 but I would love the 767

Jason Richards

I would love the 787. Its cockpit is one of a kind, and those built-in MFC airport diagrams and terrain maps, and the HUGE screens, not to mention the curvy, streamlined and beautiful fuselage and wing design - I'd really like to fly it. X-Plane is in dire need of a new 787, as is probably FSX and P3D.

Nevertheless, whatever PMDG releases for X-Plane, I'll buy it. Welcome to X-Plane, is all I say. It's going to be a great flight with PMDG and X-Plane that hopefully never lands, and we have barely begun preflight checks.

Personally I'm all for the 757, that would be enough for me to switch to FSX/P3D entirely. Level D is not releasing one, time to face facts, I doubt Level D will ever release anything new. Come on PMDG! Cater to me and make MY dreams come true! :BigGrin:

FS2004 Forever

Nevertheless, whatever PMDG releases for X-Plane, I'll buy it. Welcome to X-Plane, is all I say. It's going to be a great flight with PMDG and X-Plane that hopefully never lands, and we have barely begun preflight checks.

While it definitely has its issues, I'm quickly finding myself enjoying what X-Plane has to offer. I spent a little time tweaking the visuals and scenery over the past few days, and I'm really impressed.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm quickly finding myself enjoying what X-Plane has to offer

XP does take a little tweaking, but I found that when you have done that XP gives you quite a few 'WOW' moments. It is stunning.