Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

RSR: "A year from now [...] the first previews of our upcoming 7_7 project"

What number: Logic says 8 (maybe 1) Emotion says 2 or 5

Sometimes emotions win...

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Still dreaming of PMDG's 757 as it seems that it will take long before we see the other developer's expected 757 released if ever it happens...(there project "is in a state of amorphous destabilising inertial miasma"... after 8 years!)

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I think the most realistic way we'll get a good 757 is if a certain developer goes back and revisits it after they release either or both of their current projects. I'm guessing lots of iterative learning is involved in aircraft sim development (and scenery too) so maybe that's the most practical thing at this point. As a corporate strategy consultant in real life maybe I'll go to the developer and offer some pro bono advice. Then again, you get what you pay for...

Anyway... I think it's safe to say I'll buy whatever PMDG winds up developing. I exceeded my addon budget for August already but if the 747v2 came out tomorrow, I'd probably forbear that anticipatory dog food purchase next week in order to fund it. Fido will have to make due on something else...

Anyway... I think it's safe to say I'll buy whatever PMDG winds up developing. I exceeded my addon budget for August already but if the 747v2 came out tomorrow, I'd probably forbear that anticipatory dog food purchase next week in order to fund it. Fido will have to make due on something else...

Unfortunately ( :wink: ) I don't think you will be pushed to such an alternative as I hardly think the PMDG's 747v2 would be released in August.

My credit card is always within easy reach just in case however!  :P

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

No doubt about that: just illustrating to what fictitious lengths I would go to in order to fund it...

No doubt about that: just illustrating to what fictitious lengths I would go to in order to fund it...

I'm already in the process of gathering components needed for custom liveries :D

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I'm not so sure the 757/767 is off the table. Does anyone else besides me remember that a 757 was one of PMDG's first complete aircraft? I believe prior to this they focused on custom flight manual sets, and .air files for various simulators. I was the proud owner of the 757 for Terminal Reality's Fly! sim, it was the gateway drug to the procedural simulations we enjoy today! Ha! Perhaps RSR and team are feeling nostalgic, and wish to take us back to the beginning?

Regardless, I'm holding out hope for a PMDG 787. As an FE I really enjoy using PMDG's simulations to learn all the different aspects & quirks of each machine. With the 787 having such a unique new approach to its systems design I bet it would be fascinating to learn. I imagine this is unlikely though, the computer system overhead required for those display's would be incredible! At the end of the day, as some others have remarked, anything PMDG is a day one purchase.

Meanwhile, bring on the 747's! It'll be just like work, 'cept with glass panels, and nicer motors, and an autopilot that's not a piece of #$%, and my chair is missing...Who provides the adult supervision on these things now?

Guest Mik75

Are using V10.40 , even though it is still a public BETA?

V10.40 has a new extended DSF loader , which increases the surface that terrain mesh is actually loaded , it gives much more depth and combined with those scattering tweaks looks stuning espicially on high altitudes (which was kinda ugly befor V10.40 as you could see the blurred terrain too soon in the distance)

It looks like in this shot there is a photoreal involved.

You can use G2XPL to create one easily (just a few clicks , then it'll create it for you).

However in terms of default textures , even with HD MESH , some areas have wrong textures.

In the USA with HD MESH it looks actually really neat , however in some regions in central europe (like czech republic , poland etc...) , it doesn't look like anything like real life.

There are some really great regions in this term though even in europe , switzerland for example looks stunning combined with HD MESH.

Nevertheless Xplane needs something to change it's default ground textures according to regions , XHTLabs are working on something that I belive it'll be the game changer in this term:

Gal Cohen

Never heard of XHTLabs, but thanks a lot for this heads up! This looks absolutely promising and stunning! While the photo scenery looks superb in XPX, it eats up HDD space like nothing, especially at ZL 18 and higher!

So, I'd prefer a global (European in that case) texture replacement for sure!

Thanks again!

I hadn't seen xhtlabs euro test before either. Been using world2xp with photo scenery which is great but I'd rather a Europe or worldwide solution that I can just buy and install a la orbx global. I just want a single solution and not half a dozen different libraries to make it work.

Hopefully they won't be too long in releasing this.

Chris