Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Unbelievable rendering in XPX.40b5 (part two) pictorial...

....a continued exploration of good FPS at maxium sim settings as per original post, and that pic of my rendering screen settings these screen grabs were taken with:

Custom KLAX (Los Angeles) and I know that ortho-photoreal can be a real FPS sucker, so... to maintain the FPS shown (all shots were animation smooth, right down to that 13 FPS I had for a second), and to maintain these figures with the sim basically maxed right out...is a feather in the cap to Laminar!

Eclipse_51.png

Eclipse_53.png

Eclipse_52.png

Eclipse_50.png

Eclipse_54.png

Eclipse_57.png

Eclipse_55.png

Eclipse_58.png

Eclipse_59.png

Eclipse_56.png

Eclipse_61.png

Eclipse_60.png

Eclipse_62.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see below, I have now taken the OBJECTS to the highest setting of Extreme (from what was TONS in the first part of this post theme) and OVER LOS ANGELES!!!

I am maintaining no less than 12.x FPS as a base...and as smooth as anything above it.  This is the ULTIMATE SIM!

So, I now enjoy at truly max XPX.40b5 rendering settings, a rock bottom low of 12.xx FPS, to a climbing from low to high, locked 30 FPS.  No matter at which range, I have no jerk or stutter. I am HOME! :Applause:  :Big Grin:

Enjoy the final shots over L.A.  ...and look at the scenery density now...OMG!

Post edit: I found that roads, any higher than what you see me have it as...didn't look good. The TONS setting has always been a winner in visuals for myself. So..that will stay as such. Will not go over that setting.

Eclipse_74.png

[/url]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse_72.png
Eclipse_67.png
Eclipse_66.png
Eclipse_68.png
Eclipse_69.png
Eclipse_70.png
Eclipse_71.png

Just to compare to Los Angeles above,  here are some shots of my switching to my FBO of KFNT (Flint/Bishop, Michigan). With the same settings, they won't change...mostly near 30 FPS at the custom airport. SMP and SoundMaxx are tapped right out as well:

Eclipse_78.png

Eclipse_77.png

Eclipse_76.png

Eclipse_75.png

Eclipse_82.png

Eclipse_83.png

Eclipse_84.png

Turning onto flight path, on my way to CYYZ (Toronto Pearson, touch and go..and then back to KFNT. Nice cloud cover just rendered...  Have a great day, all...!

Eclipse_86.png

+1 B)

This is the future...

Awesome!!!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Cool

The eclipse is really fps friendly. I notice some of the more complex aircraft drop fps pretty well - Saab 340, Carenado BE90, anything new by Carenado.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cool

The eclipse is really fps friendly. I notice some of the more complex aircraft drop fps pretty well - Saab 340, Carenado BE90, anything new by Carenado.

I get the same with most of my Carenado sleds as well. 337,Baron,Bonanza...etc.

Finally downloaded b5.  It is very nice using the extended DSF.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Cool

I meant to say that I can keep mostly near 25-30 FPS with most of my Carenado. I do mostly fly with the 377, the same as I do in P3D and FSX. 

Finally downloaded b5.  It is very nice using the extended DSF.

Glad you like it! It will grow on ya...

Apologies if you've already mentioned this, but what hardware are you using when your benchmarking Sesquashtoo?

Smokey

Apologies if you've already mentioned this, but what hardware are you using when your benchmarking Sesquashtoo?

Smokey

Hi Smokey,  Smokey, I'm not using a benchmarking of any kind.  This was a sort of personal post to show exactly what I am getting, and that out of curiosity, kept pushing up the graphics engine demands, to basically now, full flat out, and that I get no lower now than about 12.xx and stay between 12.xx and my locked 30 FPS. 

Also, I have posted that even at 12.xx FPS, in very heavy scenery situations, like my pictorial showed, flying over ortho-photo-real, on EXTREME objects, and TONS roads settings, along with everything else at full bore, except my always, VERY HIGH setting, for resolution, it sill is chunk and stutter free.  That part, I could not believe myself.

So, this wasn't sent out to the community as a sort of benchmark, no..but rather hey...this is what I am getting, at these settings, on my system, which is clearly noted on my AVSIM Profile page. Everything is there.  I guess that then, users/readers can see what my system holds, CPU, GPU, RAM config...etc...and sort of have match/expectations on their own systems. I do know that one of the best CPU's and series, that Intel ever brought out, was the EXTREME versions of their CPU's about 6 years ago. They were beasts, then...and still are. Mine is the i7-975 Extreme (unlocked).

So, I wanted to base this on not benchmark, and numbers, but to say, ok...here is the scene, the graphic demand, and there are my FPS, at the moment of screen capture, with the shown XPX graphic settings in play.  That's what I mostly do...I'm not into the more analytical benchmark approach, personally. The pictorials don't lie, or show deception. This is my system, and what it is doing with XPX at the helm, full bore.  :rolleyes:

I'm sure I read somewhere to make sure that you keep the FPS above 20 otherwise the simulator slows things down to maintain the integrity of flight calculation engine.

Is this not the case any more or did I dream the whole thing?

Edit: Ahh I didn't dream it!

http://www.x-plane.com/?article=the-simulators-measurement-of-time-is-slow

South Paw, that could well be...but I have not seen, personally, any smoothness degradation, even at the settings posted on this thread and the original 'Unbelievable post', even at my lowest it (my XPX experience) might go to, and my pictorials, to show what was happening in the scene and rendering, when it did go down to 12.xx FPS.  Before the .40 series, yep...I would see some stutter. Not now, I can honestly say, that I am as happy as all get out, that I don't basically have to have my FPS counter on anymore, out of my driven (morbid) curiosity at what FPS the sim is giving at any moment. I hope to be able to do that with FSX and P3D one day. But with those, if you get around 12...you WILL start to see animation degradation. Apparently not so, with XPX.40b5, and I imagine, later b's until the Release Candidate and full .40 release to the community.

Cheers,

Ses

Smokey

Smokey, I re-read your question, I believe that you are asking me what my system entails.  Just go to my Profile page, and on the left, there, my system sits. You can also google the Dell XPS 730x to see what it looks like, and any reviews. I purchased the highest rated CPU of 2009, that is the i7-975 Extreme to power it. I have not replaced anything other than what came with the system at purchase, an nVidia GTX285 2GB card, and 6 GB's of system Ram.  I upgraded the RAM to a high-speed version, and to the full system capacity of 12 GB's. The system won't go any higher, but this has in no way impeded me from any of the sims, especially with cramming XPX full of all HD and SHD mesh from Andras.  No stutter, no chunk, just spectacular XPX.40b5 performance.  I had great performance with .b3. My system TANKED with b4, and is even better, with .b5 (with .b3 as my performance base).  Having a blast with XPX.40b5, and I have backed up the entire thing...well...just in case... :blink:

Cool

Ryan, here a shot of the loaded Carenado Bonanza....banging the ceiling at 30 FPS.  I just loaded in all my other Carenado's... to see as per your comment about Carenado vs. Eclipse FPS showing, loaded in sim,...so...with twins, singles, turbo-props...all are at 30 FPS.  Perhaps something might be not set up for optimum with your Carenado Hangar?  Anyways...ready for flight...

Car_A36_Bonanza_11.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_2.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_5.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_3.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_6.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_10.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_7.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_13.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_12.png

Car_A36_Bonanza_14.png