Sign in to follow this  
Zuendholz

Exit 1L Data

Have fun. I contacted ImagineSim here: https://www.facebook.com/795499297198912/photos/a.795502433865265.1073741828.795499297198912/1063783100370529/?type=3&theater

As you can see, they got super defensive and ######. "No way it's their problem" They have caught a ton of heat over the years for their products. I get why, they aren't on Flightbeam / Taxi2Gate / FlyTampa level. But I still don't like the criticism because we need as many developers as we can get in this community. I don't want to prove them wrong here. I want to be constructive (if the problem is indeed ImagineSim). Regardless, I want to exhaust all possibilities that it is indeed someone else who can fix it (like SODE) before I go back. 

I posted the issue on 12bpilot's forum here FWIW: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?topic=pmdg-777-door-too-high-imaginesim-katl

If you or anyone else can contribute more info for 12bpilot, please do so.

Your post has a reply from the developer, offering a file to try. I do not have ATL but give it a try and tell us how it goes! In other scenery I came across this last weekend of flying many default programmed jetways that didn't fit right, were way too high, or with SODE for LFMN did not even work! I am going to try the updated exit sections posted by others and see if that works. - David Lee

Your post has a reply from the developer, offering a file to try. I do not have ATL but give it a try and tell us how it goes! In other scenery I came across this last weekend of flying many default programmed jetways that didn't fit right, were way too high, or with SODE for LFMN did not even work! I am going to try the updated exit sections posted by others and see if that works. - David Lee

Thanks for the heads up - just saw Jeffrey's file. I am at work today so it will be awhile, but I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the heads up - just saw Jeffrey's file. I am at work today so it will be awhile, but I will keep you posted.

I downloaded and installed the file. Got gate E10 to work, and as I suspected, the issue was as he described: gates couldn't go high enough. I'll try out some other parking spots.

I downloaded and installed the file. Got gate E10 to work, and as I suspected, the issue was as he described: gates couldn't go high enough. I'll try out some other parking spots.

When you say "the issue was as he described" do you mean that the issue is resolved or that many gates are still saying door too high (because of the geometric limits of gates to begin with)?

the issue is resolved

Thus far, the issue is resolved, and I agree that the issue in the first place was that the gates had bad geometric limits. 

Just wanted to add quickly that the only remaining issue, which is minor, is that the jetways might be a bit too small or otherwise dock too far aft. The open door on the PMDG 777 collides with the jetway hood and bleeds through. I'll mess around with exits data to see if I can move it forward, though I also use GSX which might have something to do with it.

Matt Kramer

Edited by pilot3033

Thus far, the issue is resolved, and I agree that the issue in the first place was that the gates had bad geometric limits. 

Awesome. Yeah keep me posted. Looking forward to having gates work with my PMDG 777 at my home field. 

Awesome. Yeah keep me posted. Looking forward to having gates work with my PMDG 777 at my home field. 

I have the previous version of ATL from Imaginesim, it's... ok... but not having an upgrade price sort of turned me off. Is it worth the full price for the newest version of ATL? For me probably not as I only fly cargo flights mostly maybe I will start simulating some Delta 77L routes. Are the cargo ramps modelled well in this version? - David Lee

I have the previous version of ATL from Imaginesim, it's... ok... but not having an upgrade price sort of turned me off. Is it worth the full price for the newest version of ATL? For me probably not as I only fly cargo flights mostly maybe I will start simulating some Delta 77L routes. Are the cargo ramps modelled well in this version? - David Lee

David

I have the newer version of KATL and I consider it worth the price. It looks a lot better than the older version and I find it better on frame rates. As for cargo ramps, I don't know if they are better or not. I only fly the NGX into and out of KATL. I use to fly the 77LR into the old KATL but it was boring. Too long and mostly overwater from FAOR.

David

I have the newer version of KATL and I consider it worth the price. It looks a lot better than the older version and I find it better on frame rates. As for cargo ramps, I don't know if they are better or not. I only fly the NGX into and out of KATL. I use to fly the 77LR into the old KATL but it was boring. Too long and mostly overwater from FAOR.

I tend to do medium-haul flights with the 777, simulating the "holiday rush" flights you sometimes see. For example, Delta will sometimes fly a 744 from ATL to DTW over Thanksgiving. American flies a 777 from DFW to LAX (and sometimes a 787, too) to train their new international crews. Moreover, it wouldn't be THAT strange to see a 77L from ATL to, say, JFK. 

Also, the file provided by the SODE developer works great. All of the E gates docked, so did all of the A and B and F gates that I tired (even where a 777 would be unlikely to park, anyway). 

Matt Kramer

David

Do they still fly to Narita and LAX with the 77L?

Do they still fly to Narita and LAX with the 77L?

KATL has more real world options than you might think. First, great cargo options like yall discussed above. I am not picky in terms of exact reality when it comes to DL flights. I use PMDG 777 with all 764 and 763 flights. If you think about it, there isn't too much difference between a 777 and 764 when it comes to substitutes. There are other carriers perfect for a PMDG KATL combo, including: Turkish operates a 77W to LTBA, Qatar operates a 77L to OTHH. BA operates a "77L" (200ER in RW). I've also subbed a 77L for Virgin's A330 and 77W for A346 and a Lufthansa 77L for their A330/340 EDDF route. Finally, KAL and Air France come to mind but these two rotate their equipment frequently. Air France has been using a 77W I think this summer. They also fly in 200ERs. KAL operates a direct to Seoul (I think its a 748, was an A388, before that 744 and has also been 777-200ER) which could be subbed with a KAL77W.