Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

Correct procedure to capture altitude

Hi All,

A search found this old conversation about the Sperry Autopilot.  I've just purchased the MU2B, had a few trial flights and like it a lot.

I've watched the videos and sat at the controls.  I expect I'm just stupid, but could some kind person tell me how to switch on the autopilot?

Regards, Jim H.

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

try the avionics switch

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Thanks, but it was already switched on.  A determined crawl around the cockpit found it at the rear of the central console.  I've now been able to practice, with the benefit of the info in this thread.

Thanks to everyone, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

On the MU-2B Sperry autopilot I have noticed that after altitude capture, the IAS or VS light remain on. Normally these lights should not be on after altitude capture. Also on the Flysimware Learjet 35A these lights go out when altitude is captured. Anyone know why the light remain on?

Regards

Erik