Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Finally - Night Flying Doesn't Suck

Finally built a second ReShader file JUST for night flying and picked up a copy of UTX 2.0 USA for P3D.   I am in Night Flying heaven now.   UTX was worth the price of admission.   This is me departing KBWI in the PMDG 737NGX.

UTX-04.png

UTX-03.png

UTX-02.png

UTX-01.png

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Finally built a second ReShader file JUST for night flying and picked up a copy of UTX 2.0 USA for P3D.   I am in Night Flying heaven now.   UTX was worth the price of admission. 

Very nice Brian what is this reshader you speak of buddy

Rich Sennett

Looks good I just picked it up myself but those blue lights on the highways drove me nuts. 

There is actually a fix for it on their forums it is a bug it shouldn't look like that. I personally kept the FTX ORBX  lights for autogen and use UTX lights for the highways only and love the results, and better FPS.

Very nice Brian what is this reshader you speak of buddy

http://reshade.me/

Looks good I just picked it up myself but those blue lights on the highways drove me nuts. 

There is actually a fix for it on their forums it is a bug it shouldn't look like that. I personally kept the FTX ORBX  lights for autogen and use UTX lights for the highways only and love the results, and better FPS.

Thanks for the heads up.  I kind of liked the blue glowy.  It felt peaceful... XD   I fixed it.  It's a texture issue.   

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Looks nice!  One suggestion to improve the roads is to go into the UTXSetup tool and pull down the Terrain menu. Hit the 'Change road surface colors' and check the boxes for 'night light imprint'. THis will give the roads a nice orange glow that can be seen into the distance pretty far.  I have been using UTX 2.0 for a while and have never seen those blue lights...???

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Those blue lights are caused by the very option you said to set actually, the Night Lit roads.    It was a problem with their 8-bit texture ALPHA mapping.  Prepar3D handles it differently than FSX.   They released a patch to fix the issue.  I installed it already and all the roads have their orange glow as they should.  Flight1 is one of the best DEVS out there.

Looks nice!  One suggestion to improve the roads is to go into the UTXSetup tool and pull down the Terrain menu. Hit the 'Change road surface colors' and check the boxes for 'night light imprint'. THis will give the roads a nice orange glow that can be seen into the distance pretty far.  I have been using UTX 2.0 for a while and have never seen those blue lights...???

Eric

100454.png

Brian Navy

Yeah I'm loving the new roads and interstate interchanges as well as the land class. Has really improved my local areas.

One thing I don't like is the lighting so I use ORBX lights except for roads. Unfortunately this causes an issue with the UTX custom urban texture and it doesn't show 3d lights in those areas.

Great night lighting.  I also have ORBX, but may have to pick up UTX.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Yeah I'm loving the new roads and interstate interchanges as well as the land class. Has really improved my local areas.

One thing I don't like is the lighting so I use ORBX lights except for roads. Unfortunately this causes an issue with the UTX custom urban texture and it doesn't show 3d lights in those areas.

That's what most say but I'll be dumping ORBX soon anyway in favor of GEX for P3D so I won't have that option soon.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I've been considering the same. Mind sharing your personal reasons why?

Those blue lights are caused by the very option you said to set actually, the Night Lit roads.    It was a problem with their 8-bit texture ALPHA mapping.  Prepar3D handles it differently than FSX.   They released a patch to fix the issue.  I installed it already and all the roads have their orange glow as they should.  Flight1 is one of the best DEVS out there.

Hey,

When was this patch released? I can't find it in their simforum support. 

Excellent pics by the way

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I've been considering the same. Mind sharing your personal reasons why?

Well it's designed to integrate perfectly with the UTX series of add-ons.   I think their landclass is far superior to the generic FTX landclass or default P3D (yes, I am aware that ORBX is working on LC USA but I won't need it as it is already part of the UTX 2.0/GEX package).  Their city engine is amazing to me.  I've done several flights now and it has definitely made cities of all sizes look superior to default and what is in the base FTX global package.     The night lighting tiles are superior in my opinion.  As you can see in the screen shots above, I can actually SEE the city and roads now unlike my current FTX Global install.  To be fair, I don't have Vector which may provide similar results but based on screenshots I still like GEX/UTX's look better.    Their autogen system appears to be much more detailed while causing very little difference in VAS or FPS (according to pics and feature statements I've read).   I've always thought ORBX tile textures were too... colorful?   I've been using Reshade to repress their over saturated color scheme.  This is a personal preference as we all have a different idea of what the world 'SHOULD' look like.    I like my world a little more muted.    And also...  if I end up thinking it sucks Flight1 has one of the best return policies in the industry and extremely helpful and friendly customer service.    

Hey,

When was this patch released? I can't find it in their simforum support. 

Excellent pics by the way

Around March it seems.    I typed in Blue Night Textures in their forums search engine and found the patch thread.   I'm not at home at the moment or I'd get the link for you myself.

100454.png

Brian Navy