Sign in to follow this  
PascalB

Backup Image of Prepar3D

Dear AVSIM Community

I'm working currently with Prepar3D V. 2.5 and the PMDG Boeing 737-800NGX Add On. The goal is, to reproduce a quite original Boeing 737-800 Cockpit while most of the buttons and switches are real and some are displayed on a Screen in the Cockpit. Since not all of the gauges are movable to a second screen, I did my own XML Gauges which can be displayed on the Cockpit Screen.

But here's the problem. While working on the Backup Harddrive, which is an Image of the original HDD, I experienced a problem with the activation of Prepar3D. One day when I turned the Computer on, the activation screen came up. I had this problem before, so i made a backup of all the relevant files and cloned the original image of the Prepar3D Installation on the Harddisk. This worked the first time quite well but now it looks like it was never activated.

Do you know this problem? What would you suggest?

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it.

Best regards

Pascal

I suggest contacting LM Activation team. Chances are their software picked up a slight difference in hardware and reset the activation.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi vgbaron

Thanks very much for your reply. That's what I've done now twice. I wrote them at licensing@prepar3d.com. Without any reaction until now. It feels hard to get any specific Information about Prepar3d in general what seems a little bit odd to me, since Prepar3D is more or less the same as Microsofts Flight Simulator X was.

Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated! B)

Pascal