Sign in to follow this  
jdcg15

Project Airbus Installation

Hi, 

I already know how to install liveries and work a little bit around the aircraft.cfg file in most airplanes. I'm trying to install the Project Airbus A320 (latest version, from the website) but unfortunately I haven't been able to make it work. Is there any step by step tutorial on how to install the base pack and the liveries, or is it self-explanatory?

I have several question like: does the base pack come with sounds and panels, or do I have to use other airplane's files such as the default A321? What exactly does "base pack" mean? I've heard about a livery installer tool but i don't see it here; is there still such a thing?

Thank you for reading and helping me out.

Base packs usually come with everything you need to fly the aircraft.  Their paint jobs may not be to

everyone's liking, so they also have the livery downloads.  Keep in mind the base pack may alias

both panel and sounds to the default aircraft in FSX.  That gives you the opportunity to search

around for more realistic sound packages and possibly a better panel.

The liveries are easy to install and have a README file with all of the info.

Just looked at the PAairbus site and didn't see an A320 basepack for FSX, only for FS9.

The FS9 A320 basepack panel is an alias to the 737-400 for FS9.  Good reason it doesn't

work for you.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Base packs usually come with everything you need to fly the aircraft.  Their paint jobs may not be to

everyone's liking, so they also have the livery downloads.  Keep in mind the base pack may alias

both panel and sounds to the default aircraft in FSX.  That gives you the opportunity to search

around for more realistic sound packages and possibly a better panel.

The liveries are easy to install and have a README file with all of the info.

Just looked at the PAairbus site and didn't see an A320 basepack for FSX, only for FS9.

The FS9 A320 basepack panel is an alias to the 737-400 for FS9.  Good reason it doesn't

work for you.

Thank you. People use it for FSX too, so there's got to be some sort of tweaking after all. Would it be okay if I aliased the PA A320 with the panel and sounds from the default A321?

Thank you. People use it for FSX too, so there's got to be some sort of tweaking after all. Would it be okay if I aliased the PA A320 with the panel and sounds from the default A321?

It should work fine!  I also use FS9 aircraft and find that I have to substitute different panels to

make them work.  FS9 sounds usually work just fine, if it's a full sound folder and not aliased.

If aliased to the 737-400, then just change it to the A321.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It should work fine!  I also use FS9 aircraft and find that I have to substitute different panels to

make them work.  FS9 sounds usually work just fine, if it's a full sound folder and not aliased.

If aliased to the 737-400, then just change it to the A321.

Thank you. I'll try that!

Do a search for Chris Evans on Simviation. He's compiled packs that are ready to go, including vc and sounds.

Thank you. I just checked and there are some interesting freewares. 

Do a search for Chris Evans on Simviation. He's compiled packs that are ready to go, including vc and sounds.

Hi, I have a question. How do you sort Chris Evans' uploads on Simviation? Or how do you know which one's are his? The Civil Jets site looks pretty much the same as when I search for Chris Evans.