Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

FSX King Air engine start problem

In the last week or so I am having a problem getting ANY engines on the King Air (default & Milviz) to start. They will not start using CTL E nor will they start using the panel switches. Any ideas or suggestions? My Baron 58 starts ok, as do my other aircraft. I have not made any changes to the aircraft except for installing the latest beta release of the Milviz 350i. I have also tried uninstalling the 350i but that does not seem to make a difference. I have to admit I have not flown any King Air recently and may just have forgotten a switch or step in the engine start procedure. Thanks in advance, Bob.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

FSX has a bug where turbine engines don't start if fuel mixture is not set full rich. Try Ctrl+Shift+F4. I would have thought Ctrl+E would take care of it but maybe not.

Barry Friedman

FSX has a bug where turbine engines don't start if fuel mixture is not set full rich. Try Ctrl+Shift+F4. I would have thought Ctrl+E would take care of it but maybe not.

Thanks Barry for the suggestions. I have tried those and no change. I also have checked out other aircraft and none have a problem except the King Air. I also set SIMOBJECTS to rebuild thinking that somehow cache was carried over, that did not help. I even took a copy of the 3 King Air SIMOBJECTS I have on a laptop and copied them over and still the problem persists.

I am going to remove the Milviz King Air 350i completely and see if I can get the default King Air to work again. Perhaps someone from Milviz has some input since I only have the problem with the King Air (both Milviz and default).

Thanks.....

Bob Werab

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

I have the F1 King Air and the Turbo Duke and some others and that's not true. You hit the igniters with the condition levers at cutoff and at about 12% in the KA you put them in low idle and the engines start and run great. As a matter of fact if you start the KA with the condition lever at full you will get an engine fire and destroy your engines.

Keep in mind that if the sim's "fuel valves" are shut no fuel will every reach the engines. Neither the default or the Milviz KingAir have controls for the fuel valves.

Load the C172 and Ctrl-E the engine. Shut it down. Load the KingAir and perform a manual start. It should now start normally.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you for all the "clues"!! I actually went back to an old FSX.CFG and sure enough no problems with manual engine startup. I appreciate all the replies and again added some more FSX knowledge to this old head of mine. THANKS!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

If none of the previous excellent replies work; Start from cold and dark, then press CTRL+E and then whilst the engine is trying to start... open the fuel gauges window up with SHIFT+9 and there is a small fuel crossfeed button you can press.  The engine should now fire up... If not, that's all I have, (it works for me, I remember this from my FSX written notes).  (Brum brum).  

3 hours ago, Andraeus said:

If none of the previous excellent replies work; Start from cold and dark, then press CTRL+E and then whilst the engine is trying to start... open the fuel gauges window up with SHIFT+9 and there is a small fuel crossfeed button you can press.  The engine should now fire up... If not, that's all I have, (it works for me, I remember this from my FSX written notes).  (Brum brum).  

Andreaus, it looks like KSATRoadWarrior had got the problem solved. Since your new here and joined 3 hours ago, I understand you're  probably ready to post something, but it's better to not dig up old posts just to add something to them, especially when the issue appears to have been solved. They call this necroposting in "internet" terms.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator