Sign in to follow this  
JD-Slow-Thumbs

Thrustmaster MFD Bezels, How Usefull ?

I have seen the "Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack", and keep wondering if they are big enough to simulate a pair of Garmin?

They are a pair of square bezels with five buttons on each side and a rocker switch in each corner making for twenty buttons and four switches per bezel.  Sounds good so far, but, they are only 5.5in x 5.5in (141mm) square on the outside and only 4.25 x 4.25in (108mm) square on the inside.

I do not see how they can be big enough to simulate a Garmin.
What do you guys use them for?
(and are any windows-pop-ups or android-apps already published?)

Thanks in advance.
JD

P.S. I already did a search and found very little buzz about them. 

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/mfd-cougar-pack

I have a set of these but don't use them. They are just a load of press buttons which I don't need for FSX then you need to manufacture a cardboard index with the button functions on it that is placed behind the plain glass screen. There are a few ready made backing cards supplied but that is all. Do not fall for the trap in thinking that there are useable screens in this equipment. You will also need to use TMs Target software to map the buttons to functions.    

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.