Sign in to follow this  
GerardoM

Aivlasoft EFB Problems After Updrading

Hello,

I had been using EFB on W8.1 without any problems. Yesterday I saw that W10 had gone RTM so I figured it was really stable now. I did some research about the behavior of P3D and addons on W10 and it seemed to be all good so I upgraded. My SSD had filled up so I decided to do a clean install of W10 (Reset this PC option on Windows).

I reinstalled the addons that I had and they all work fine except EFB. When you first set up the Data Provider I ecnountered this: 

UUefle6.png

I figured it was nothing and continued with the setup of the Display Unit only to find this:

DPkLMp9.png

This weird letter spacing again. I knew something was wrong but I hoped that it wouldn't interfere with the usability of the application. After I went through all the tabs and configuration this popped up:

2ZhirFr.png

I already posted on the Aivlasoft forums but the dev told me he had no experience with Windows 10 so he didn't know what caused this and he told me to check that .NET 3.5 was enabled, which it was. I tried updating my .NET but every time it said that an equivalent or superior version was already installed. Another guy was kind enough to install the trial on his W10 machine and said it worked fine (with the same version of .NET as me).

I hope someone here can shed some light on what is causing this because I'd really like to use this tool without going back to W8.1. Thank you.

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Having the same issues.

Will try shifting the DU to another system. Will revert

Regards

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP. It is the only addon that will not function for FSX and P3D ( and I have a TON ) with Windows 10 has anyone been able to solve this or has a workaround?

I have EFB, on which I rely heavily, and like the other posters, this is the only addon that doesn't work. On the Aivlasoft forum, the developers are saying that they're working on version 2 and that it runs in Windows 10. They're not working on version 1 anymore.

The developers are saying that the cause of the problem is not EFB but the upgrade feature of Windows 10. Since people with clean installations of Windows 10 can run EFB, the developers are saying that the upgrade does something differently during installation and that the result is that EFB won't run.

Their only recommendation is to do a clean installation. Unfortunately, that's not an option for a lot of people--me included.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP. It is the only addon that will not function for FSX and P3D ( and I have a TON ) with Windows 10 has anyone been able to solve this or has a workaround?

I have EFB, on which I rely heavily, and like the other posters, this is the only addon that doesn't work. On the Aivlasoft forum, the developers are saying that they're working on version 2 and that it runs in Windows 10. They're not working on version 1 anymore.

The developers are saying that the cause of the problem is not EFB but the upgrade feature of Windows 10. Since people with clean installations of Windows 10 can run EFB, the developers are saying that the upgrade does something differently during installation and that the result is that EFB won't run.

Their only recommendation is to do a clean installation. Unfortunately, that's not an option for a lot of people--me included.

Hi

Got it working on W10 Pro only after a clean install.

Tried all (possible) options on W10 via the upgrade route but could not get it working at all. particularly the DU.

All is well now

Hope things work out

Regards

even after a clean install of windows 10 it worked for a short time and now its crashing again

Yes, just saw that now.

Disappointing :mad:  

Hi All

As an update, one user has identified that the issues could be related to a font, or rather font corruption.

Mine works now, on Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 10525, after deleting those fonts (Be sure to create a backup though)  :smile:

More here - http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1970-cannot-start-display-unit/page-5#entry11453

Hope this helps and regards

Thanks,Lomai! I haven't checked the Aivlasoft forum for about a week now.

Too bad about the font corruption. I quite like the Aerosoft Airbus. :sad:

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I can't even get it to work in WIN7 in P3D.  It ALWAYS crashes the simulator.  :(  This was one of my favorite programs when I fly FSX and I was happy when it became P3D compatible but it works for a little while then Fatal Error and crashes the sim....  nothing I could think of could fix it... so.. I shelved it.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy