Sign in to follow this  
roroma

Two new MD80s for XPX

Hi all

There's two new really good looking MD80s in the work for XPX right now. Everybody seems to know about the Rotatesim one but there's another one on the XP forums which is being built by a team led by forum user "parsec" too. Both have amazing texturing (pics on the XP forums, check it out). The Rotatesim one also has a high level of system depth (as evidenced by their website) but I have no idea what the system depth will be for parsec's group's md80.

I've been following these for a while and was surprised that no one had posted about them so, well, here you go...

Let the conversation begin!

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

I have been following Parsec's (I think the group goes by ATS) MD-82 for a very, very long time. It does look promising but quite far off from release.

Rotate's MD-88 pop'd up on my radar about 8 months ago and also looks very good. It is nearing beta and should* according to the dev be released sometime this year.

I am eagerly awaiting both of them.

Aren't they both MD-80s?

Ara Mahs, Private Pilot

Yes, you could also say they are both DC-9's. From what the devs have said so far ATS is making the 82 and Rotate the 88... essentially the same plane.

Aren't they both MD-80s?

Yes in almost every way.  The overhead panel and the EICAS system are different.  On the overhead panel the biggest difference comes from the Annuciator sytem...I HATE it.  All my training to get my type was in the 88, its a mess of a system IMHO.  The 82 just uses the older style of lights and covers and they are arranged systematically to figure out whats going on faster.  The EICAS on the 88 however is better than the 82's engine instruments.  Everything is right there arranged in order.  On the 82 its like someone took a shotgun full of engine gauges and shot the panel up with them.  Your eyes are constantly moving around looking at stuff.

Been a fun plane to fly though, The 82 is second generation automation so it still requires you to pay attention to what its doing.  My favorite saying from the aircraft is "Ok, whats it doing now."

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries