Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

A product I would really like to have - 3d cockpit for PSX...

I used VisualPSX to allow me to have FSX-SE as a scenery viewer for Aerowinx PSX ( the only airline simulation I use these days... actually the only civil flight simulation I use... ). This is a great application, but it has it's limitations, one of them being that you can't really interact with PSX from the FSX cockpits.

Since real mokup cockpits can be built to interact with PSX, I believe that if some developer decided to create a PSX-dedicated 744 fleet, for FSX, P3D or X-Plane 10, with a 3d cockpit of the higher grade, like those available for FSX and P3D by PMDG, for instance, it could be used to interact with every system in PSX.

I guess it would be a easier task in X-Plane 10, given the burden that clickspots represent for FSX / P3D and would make easier, for instance, the implementation of the clickable circuit breaker panels, unless that particular area was left for PSX, with screens dedicated to it...

Anyway, it looks to me that for simmers with a lot of investment on either platform, including the use of TIR 5, etc..., it would be great to have such an interactive 3d virtual cockpit for PSX.

P.S.: The abbreviation of the message in the forums subjects listing looks like ... sorry for that

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I've tried for a good 15 minutes to understand why one would need something like this. I couldn't.

Maybe my sympathy for the plight of armchair pilots simply runs out when the only benefit is having even more unnecessary switches to click, highly improbable random failures and getting orgasmic joy from a mildly higher than normal temperature in the hydraulic circuits.

Or maybe it's because that the only way to do this simulation software justice is with a proper way to interact with it, like in a real mockup cockpit with physical switches and all. Or as a professional training tool to improve your CRM procedures or systems understanding or flight planning skills when you're in any way involved with the real thing. But then you couldn't care less whether you click something in a 3D cockpit or on a 2D panel.

But just for boasting that you can fly the most realistic simulation of a 744 from your mancave? No way, sorry. Not worth the required effort at all.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

And actually, not even possible to implement, as HH already made easy to understand at the Aerowinx Forum....  It was just a though anyway, now that I have given up using FSX:SE or XP10 just for the visuals, and am using PSX standalone.

Yes the 2d panels are sufficient for me, and if I had additional monitors ( preferably touchscreens )  / computers I would gladly move some of those panels strategically to make the whole experience even more convincing.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...