Sign in to follow this  
captpopup

I don't know what to do anymore

If you like A2A then you will love the Comanche 250..their best yet! :rolleyes:

Thank you all :BigGrin:

I love the 'gathering dust' and the 'lifes too short' comments... that tipped it for me.

Thank you again

Ray

There you go Ray - well done

Rich Sennett

Add me to the list of people that switched to P3D back in March and have not once opened FSX since then.  I kept it installed but I'm close to deleting it off my HD.  I'm also a PMDG flyer so I did have to repurchase those but I was fine with it.  I can't recall much else I had to repurchase.  You do not have to tweak the .cfg except for maybe 1 or 2 things.   I made the mistake of tweaking and ended up having stutters and FPS issues.  I reinstalled P3D 4 times I think and finally ended up only adjusting in game sliders and have not messed with it since.  I'm very happy with it.....I may actually delete FSX off my system this weekend now that the topic has come up!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Add me to the very short list of people who have P3D installed but use FSX DX10 99% of the time.

- P3D crashes with OOM where my FSX does not (same addons and settings)

- My sim setup is very extensive. I re-purchased my addons. But after I had to reinstall everything for the third time since P3D 2.1 I somehow lost my nerve with this. So now only a bare minimum of addons is installed, and I kind of enjoy it until the OOM

- I don't like the dark color tone of P3D. To me it looks as if I'm wearing sunglasses.

LORBY-SI

Thank you all :BigGrin:

I knew if I came to the P3D forum I would get the sense of direction I needed.

I have a couple of days at my disposal... I'm going to move all my FSX stuff to an old external drive. Remove all residual files and folders. Reload all that I have that is compatible with P3D, go back to the places where I purchased some of my add-ons and re-download the P3D version (some small cost involved in some of these I think), then try to get P3D running as sweet as you all seem to have it. Then make a judgement before re-purchasing my PMDG and A2A aircraft (the A2A Comanche is already compatible I think... this can be my test plane). Reading your responses here it would seem the writing is on the wall for FSX.

If I can't get on with P3D... then I can spend the next month or two trying to put FSX back :rolleyes:

I love the 'gathering dust' and the 'lifes too short' comments... that tipped it for me.

Thank you again

Ray

The Comanche is NOT compatible. You will, like PMDG, need a separate purchase UNLESS you bought the dual installer.

And your idea for spending two days is a recipe for disaster. I've warned you about stuffing things into P3D. Given your misunderstanding over the Comanche, I again urge a slow, methodical approach.

Not two days, two months

"I again urge a slow, methodical approach"

Correct - especially using non p3d installs - better have EMT for that

Rich Sennett

Guest JustanotherPilot

Prepar3D......stunning realism, more so with ASN, REX soft clouds and Orbx scenery. Used FSX since it's day of release, has been a ground breaker in Flight simming, but as it ages it now is retired for the next generation that is P3D.

Prepar3D......stunning realism, more so with ASN, REX soft clouds and Orbx scenery. Used FSX since it's day of release, has been a ground breaker in Flight simming, but as it ages it now is retired for the next generation that is P3D.

Yup, DOS isn't quite what it used to be either.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thank you for watching over me people. I am heeding your warnings and I will be methodical. I'm ready for the long haul and the slow slow process again... I have P3D installed with no tweaks at the moment... just been playing around with the sliders and settings. I have not messed with anything on the config side yet... still researching this. My intention is to get this working first of all, I will then install the Rex4 TD that I already have... test that, install Active Sky Next which I already have... test that and then my A2A Comanche and I did pay a few pounds more for the dual installer. Scenery, airports, terrain, etc etc... including re-purchasing PMDG aircraft will only start to happen once all is well. Apart from paying for P3D I have spent nothing but my time so far.

I've just been watching a youtube video/panel discussion on the future of 'at home' flight simulation, I found this quite interesting

Run both for now for on their separate SSD's.

Will an SSD really make that big of a difference? Maybe when the next upgrade of P3D comes out that requires a complete reinstall, I'll get a dedicated SSD for P3D.

NAX669.png

I believe I am correct. The FSX Comanche

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=77

is NOT cross-compatible or licensed for P3D. 

There is a dual-install version

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=80

that will install into both sims - but these represent not just a different installer, but variations in software content to suit the selected platform. I chose my words with some care when I referred earlier to 

The Comanche is NOT compatible. You will, like PMDG, need a separate purchase UNLESS you bought the dual installer.

Jorge, I believe there is enough confusion for our OP without compounding his issues. Some earlier aircraft can be ported across with the assent, if not assistance, of A2A, but the Comanche is not one of them.

I already have... test that, install Active Sky Next which I already have...

You need to get the P3D version of ASN. No extra charge, your existing FSX license will cover it BUT it is a separate download.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Louis if you just click on the link I supplied you would see that there is a P3D only version as well as an FSX and a FSX/P3D..

Jorge

I cannot go to P3D, as if I do I will lose tridef 3d and once you see FSX on a projector with 3D it is hard to live with out 3d, I wish someone had some 3d drivers for P3d. 

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram