Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

FS9 and Windows 10

Very strange, then just rename the short-cut to whatever you would like to be. Never had that before..

yes, but the problem now is:

any addon that are third party (such as ASE, FS REal Time etc) isnt working, neither iFly (it didnt recognize FSUIPC). and i guess its because the file was rename, and the process name also get renamed to FSCC... i believe they just scan FS9 proccess to find fs9 running and then communicate with it, and since its isnt finding, then they dont run... iFly i dont know the reason, its give me error that fsuipc need to be 3.72 or higher or my key illegal, but fsuipc is registered and is the latest version disponible on fsuipc site =| (but even using the version that comes with ifly isnt working too)

Hey Matt, here are three shots from FS9, shot in full screen, as normal...no finagaling, from my W10 Pro system. No do this, do that, no start in window mode,don't start in window mode...I just pick or set up my flight, it goes to full screen, with all menus working as normal...and I enjoy FS9.  This is with the latest nVidia driver suite for Windows 10, driven by a GTX680 2GB card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png

image.png

Untitled.png

image.png

image.png

Here we go, at taxi from KDTW, to KSAN...see ya later, Detroit...(fabulous graphic performance from under W10, the best clarity ever!)

image.png

Last shots...soon to the active...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

hi, i am able to use fullscreen in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode, but yet cant launch it by fs9.exe, just by fscc.exe, which causing problems with certains addons (last i tried was pmdg 737 and got all screens black, while on win 7 (fs9.exe) it was working perfectly)

so yeah, thinking about a format c: right now to see if this help. Looks like addons that wont scan the fs9.exe (mostly inside fs) its working perfect, while all the external programs i tried dont work. Maybe the problems was that i upgraded from 4gb to 8gb ram my pc?

anyway, doing some backups on my addons and going to format (8gb pen drive dont help too much, really need to buy external hd for backup purposes LOL)

PS: AMD Radeon HD5770 1gb here.

maybe i should stick on win7 with this videocard?

Another thought... Before major reformatting.

Maybe use the Flight Registry repair tool to tell the registry where the FS9.exe is?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I

hi, i am able to use fullscreen in windows xp sp3 compatibility mode, but yet cant launch it by fs9.exe, just by fscc.exe, which causing problems with certains addons (last i tried was pmdg 737 and got all screens black, while on win 7 (fs9.exe) it was working perfectly)

so yeah, thinking about a format c: right now to see if this help. Looks like addons that wont scan the fs9.exe (mostly inside fs) its working perfect, while all the external programs i tried dont work. Maybe the problems was that i upgraded from 4gb to 8gb ram my pc?

anyway, doing some backups on my addons and going to format (8gb pen drive dont help too much, really need to buy external hd for backup purposes LOL)

PS: AMD Radeon HD5770 1gb here.

maybe i should stick on win7 with this videocard?

Matt, a long time ago, I went in my total system RAM, from 4, to 12 GB's...and had no difference in running FS9.  Just as a comparison for problem solving.

So far my installation of FS9 in Win10 is good. UT Europa, GE, FSsceneryManager, FSUIPC.
But when i try to run Ranainside FlightSimManager I get this error:

'Error execution module'

No error number. I have installed FSM with upgrade for date.
FSM worked when I had date to 2004 but after uppgrade to FSMGR.exe + FSMGR.dll and today date, the program wont start.
It seems that FSMGR.exe starts OK but when try to load FSMGR.DLL I get the error above.   
If FSMGR.exe compability is set between Windows95 and Windows XP (servicepac 3) FSMGR.exe start up and after that the error.
If FSMGR.exe compability is set between Windows Vista and Windows XP (servicepac 3) FSMGR.exe wont start up and error message is up.

Any solution?

Formated yeaterday and make it running, still giving fsuipc error.. Also realised why in the firat it wasnt running: because i disabled scheduler in registry (did this after format and realised it). But since its still giving errors i am switching back to w7 pro.

Alao, my pc is lil old, and actually only my audio/videocard had drivers to w10 (and amd abandoned the hd5700 series 6 months after w10 went public, releasing only 2 drivers, one whql with a lot of bugs and one beta, which was one that i was using).

The other drivers was just a generic one downloaded by windows (which explain a slow installation on things at w10)

Formated yeaterday and make it running, still giving fsuipc error.. Also realised why in the firat it wasnt running: because i disabled scheduler in registry (did this after format and realised it). But since its still giving errors i am switching back to w7 pro.

Alao, my pc is lil old, and actually only my audio/videocard had drivers to w10 (and amd abandoned the hd5700 series 6 months after w10 went public, releasing only 2 drivers, one whql with a lot of bugs and one beta, which was one that i was using).

The other drivers was just a generic one downloaded by windows (which explain a slow installation on things at w10)

Well, it sounds like, if you choose to get a new system, it will be a chance to try W10 out once more. :)

Well, it sounds like, if you choose to get a new system, it will be a chance to try W10 out once more. :)

for me it isnt a problem, i got another original win 10 pro copy, so i will save it when i buy a new pc :) it wasnt used yet, so the hwid isnt locked to any hardware yet. just going to save this win 7 pro key to this hardware, since its old machine (altough i liked the win 10).

afterall, installed win 7 pro and all problems is gone :)

For me, everything works in Windows 10, all my freeware & payware, as they did in Windows 7.

+1

I have found one issue which I haven't been able to solve yet. 

The weather radar map for the Wilco Airbus Evolution package no longer works. I click the weather radar "on" but no test sweep appears and no weather ever appears on the display. The rxpWxSim.dll is still in the "Feelthere > Airbus" directory, I tried putting it in the FS9 Modules folder but on startup FS9 said the file was not compatible and wouldn't be used. It worked absolutely fine in Win 7, but I can't seem to get it to work. 

Any ideas?  :smile:

would be nice of you to explain your solution ... others may have the problem and need assistance.

Yes, sorry.

Basically make sure FS9.exe is not ticked to run in compatibility mode. I had made the mistake of putting it to Windows 7 and then trying XP, simply unticking it made it work fine  :smile:

I have Digital Aviation Fokker 70/100. In Win10 it freezes from time to time of freezes completely. In some of the forums I have read that it is due to DRM protection that is not working properly in WIN10.

On support forum for DA F70/10 someone posted about this problem. But there is no reply and the thread is locked now.