Sign in to follow this  
byork

NGX REBOOT HAS BEEN RELEASED! DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

So no single engine taxi out on long taxi routes for departure?

Where did you read that? Of course there is single engine taxi out/in.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Where did you read that? Of course there is single engine taxi out/in.

I'm only seeing taxi in options but not out in the manual/procedures.

With voice control, you can do a single engine taxi on the way out.  

Note: In real life, most operators wouldn't do a single engine taxi on the way out.  There's a big debate whether it's worth the effort.

Even on the taxi in, you're supposed to wait 3 minutes for engine cool down before shutdown.  You'd have to be stuck in traffic to be out there more than 3 minutes.

IF AIRCRAFT MOVING:
  • Speak: “SHUTDOWN RIGHT ENGINE / SHUTDOWN NUMBER TWO ENGINE
  • The FO will place his virtual hand on the engine two start lever.
  • The FO will speak: “ENGINE START LEVER NUMBER TWO CONFIRM”.
  • Speak: “CONFIRMED”.
  • The FO will then set the FUEL LEVER to CUTOFF for engine two.

IF AIRCRAFT STATIONARY:
  • Put your mouse on the number two start lever and speak: “ENGINE START LEVER NUMBER TWO CONFIRM”.
  • The FO will respond “CONFIRMED”.
  • Manually set FUEL LEVER #2 to CUTOFF.

With voice control, you can do a single engine taxi on the way out.  

Note: In real life, most operators wouldn't do a single engine taxi on the way out.  There's a big debate whether it's worth the effort.

Even on the taxi in, you're supposed to wait 3 minutes for engine cool down before shutdown.  You'd have to be stuck in traffic to be out there more than 3 minutes.

IF AIRCRAFT MOVING:
  • Speak: “SHUTDOWN RIGHT ENGINE / SHUTDOWN NUMBER TWO ENGINE
  • The FO will place his virtual hand on the engine two start lever.
  • The FO will speak: “ENGINE START LEVER NUMBER TWO CONFIRM”.
  • Speak: “CONFIRMED”.
  • The FO will then set the FUEL LEVER to CUTOFF for engine two.

IF AIRCRAFT STATIONARY:
  • Put your mouse on the number two start lever and speak: “ENGINE START LEVER NUMBER TWO CONFIRM”.
  • The FO will respond “CONFIRMED”.
  • Manually set FUEL LEVER #2 to CUTOFF.

So essentially in order to taxi out single engine with Reboot you have to start both engines, do check lists, then shut one down to taxi?

Generally speaking, that's correct.  We discussed the single taxi engine during 'taxi out' scenario with our 737 consultant pilots.  They generally don't do it. There's really a big debate over its value.  A lot of additional work load for the potential savings. One pilot said he'd always start both, but consider shutting down one later if he was stuck in traffic.

If you stick to FS2Crew, and you want to do a single engine taxi on the way to the runway, you would start both engines... then shut one down one later when desired.  Start the other one again when say you're 3rd in line for TO.

However, If you really want to taxi out on a single engine (I would assume the break away thrust required in FSX would be so massive you'll be blowing everyone off the ramp  B) ) you can do so, just don't start one engine... but you may need to manually advance the FS2Crew mode with the down arrow button if you want to run the subsequent checklists since you won't be hitting the trigger points for the mode to auto-advance.  

Generally speaking, that's correct.  We discussed the single taxi engine during 'taxi out' scenario with our 737 consultant pilots.  They generally don't do it. There's really a big debate over its value.  A lot of additional work load for the potential savings. One pilot said he'd always start both, but consider shutting down one later if he was stuck in traffic.

If you stick to FS2Crew, and you want to do a single engine taxi on the way to the runway, you would start both engines... then shut one down one later when desired.  Start the other one again when say you're 3rd in line for TO.

However, If you really want to taxi out on a single engine (I would assume the break away thrust required in FSX would be so massive you'll be blowing everyone off the ramp  B) ) you can do so, just don't start one engine... but you may need to manually advance the FS2Crew mode with the down arrow button if you want to run the subsequent checklists since you won't be hitting the trigger points for the mode to auto-advance.  

Thanks for the tips Bryan, as well as the information from the 737 consultants, I will keep those options in mind. The new interface is awesome by the way and thanks for taking tips and requests from us users during production!

I've been stuck in the manuals scratching my head for hours already trying to figure out to use SOP 1 or 2!

Is SOP2 from a U.S. Airline:

Is SOP2 from a U.S. Airline:

No, SOP 2 is not American.

SOP 1 is basically generic Boeing.  A lot of airlines around the world, including the one one of our consultant pilots is from, follow stock Boeing procedures pretty closely.  SWA follows Boeing very closely, too.

Short question. Feature list mentions external ground/air cart handling. Has the pushback feature from the previous version also been removed, similar to the 777 ?

So the full immersion has to wait for UGCX?

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Short question. Feature list mentions external ground/air cart handling. Has the pushback feature from the previous version also been removed, similar to the 777 ?
So the full immersion has to wait for UGCX?

Correct, it's the same as the 777.  UGCX will be handling all the pushback stuff.

Cheers,

Which SOP closely reflects the legacy version ?

Cheers

That would be SOP1, I think. From reading throught the flows in the manuals, I notcied that SOP1 required the fewest changes compared to my legacy flows.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

If you get an "Invalid Name" in the registration screen, enter your name without any special characters like hyphens, or non regular English letters, and don't include your middle name.

I've wondered what the logic is too.

There's a million ways to skin a cat, and every chief pilot thinks their way of doing it is best.

Maybe they just don't trust their FO's :-)

No, the logic in this airline (I fly for them) is that the whole show is run by the PF whoever that may be CPT or FO. The PF initiates and runs the flows. The 'gear up' call is one example of this mentality - initiated by the PF, because well..he's the PF. 

Remember in FSX / FS2Crew the Captain is always the PF, so that's why it appears the Captain does all the work. 

SOP 1 is basically generic Boeing.  A lot of airlines around the world, including the one one of our consultant pilots is from, follow stock Boeing procedures pretty closely.  SWA follows Boeing very closely, too.

At the risk of being difficult, is there any chance that SOP1 might one day be available with button control? 1 and 2 seem pretty similar, but I kind of miss the old "legacy" procedures.

Either way, thanks for Reboot; really enjoying it so far.

I'm having issues with voice that didn't exist in Legacy. I can't even get "checked 100%" and a few other phrases to register in the Reboot correctly however, when I use Windows Speech outside of FSX it recognizes the correct phrase 100% of the time no error at all. I don't get this......It recognized it perfectly fine in Legacy. I am English speaking with no accent in fact, I speak very clearly and articulate as I have to at work every day talking to airplanes on frequency.

but I kind of miss the old "legacy" procedures.

The legacy procedures are out of date  B)

I'm having issues with voice that didn't exist in Legacy. I can't even get "checked 100%" and a few other phrases to register in the Reboot correctly however, when I use Windows Speech outside of FSX it recognizes the correct phrase 100% of the time no error at all

Legacy and Reboot use the exact same speech recognition system; your results should be identical.

Try running the voice training again.