Sign in to follow this  
byork

NGX REBOOT HAS BEEN RELEASED! DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

The legacy procedures are out of date B)

Legacy and Reboot use the exact same speech recognition system; your results should be identical.

Try running the voice training again.

I ran it an additional 2 times after the issue before posting this and using the recognition in notepad I can say "checked 100%" 50 times without a single error until in the sim.... Guess I'll try running it more and report back.

I ran it an additional 2 times after the issue before posting this and using the recognition in notepad I can say "checked 100%" 50 times without a single error until in the sim.... Guess I'll try running it more and report back.

I have the same problem with Reboot (and sometimes also with the 777).

Been using Legacy NGX and the Dash8 voice versions ever since without any problems. Then with the 777 I already noticed some recognition difficulties which sometimes even lead to unwanted mode changes. The 777 often understands just "STOP" when I say something totally different.

Now with Reboot it's even worse, at least for the first half of my test flight, it kept understanding "UP NO LIGHTS" no matter what I said...  :mad:

And again, I've been using Legcy NGX and Dash8 without ANY recognition problems... :unsure:

Anyway, I think that Reboot is really the best FS2Crew ever!!

(And I do hope, that some of the nice little new features are ported over to the 777, which always seems a bit "boring" to me... :ph34r: )

Best regards

Olli

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

checked 100%

You're not supposed to say "checked 100 percent".

You're supposed to say "Tested 100 percent" as per the manual  B)

it kept understanding "UP NO LIGHTS" no matter what I said...

Created a new voice profile in the Windows Control panel for Speech Recognition and re-train your voice.

And double check the manual to ensure you're saying the right things.

Reboot, Legacy NGX the 777 and and Dash 8 all use the exact same speech recognition system.  There's no difference between them.

Create a new voice profile in the Windows Control panel for Speech Recognition and re-train your voice.

Thanks for the hint, I'll give it a try.

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Bryan,

Now I'm using the reboot version for the NGX, I'm gonna feel some lack in the verbal commands for the T7...  :P

I know you are not gonna do a reboot version for the T7 but would it be possible to implement the new commands introduced in the NGX reboot to the T7 version?

I'm thinking of some commands like "flaps -- match speed", or "Match heading" which are very useful when flying manual?

Thanks!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

The legacy procedures are out of date 

Okay, fair enough. I'll be more precise: I miss being able to leave the FO to deal with the autobrake, and landing lights, and landing flaps, and... okay, I've revealed my true colours now; I'm just lazy.  :lol:

What I'm saying is: it's a shame that the "standard" Boeing procedures aren't available in button control – it feels a bit awkward to use a Middle East airlines SOPs when flying on the opposite side of the world – but if it's not going to happen I'll be quiet. I'm grateful for what I've got.

Okay, fair enough. I'll be more precise: I miss being able to leave the FO to deal with the autobrake, and landing lights, and landing flaps, and... okay, I've revealed my true colours now; I'm just lazy.  :lol:

What I'm saying is: it's a shame that the "standard" Boeing procedures aren't available in button control – it feels a bit awkward to use a Middle East airlines SOPs when flying on the opposite side of the world – but if it's not going to happen I'll be quiet. I'm grateful for what I've got.

Middle Eastern Airline ?  I thought SOP was based on Virgin Australia.  Please post your guess here.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Middle Eastern Airline ?  I thought SOP was based on Virgin Australia. 

Speculation was Virgin Australia, but Bryan says it's a Middle Eastern carrier, here.

Speculation was Virgin Australia, but Bryan says it's a Middle Eastern carrier, here.

Thanks,  I love a good mystery.  Here is my analysis.

Boeing NG Operators in the Middle East.

Bahrain - Gulf Air.  Does not have the type.

Brunai - Royal Burnai - Does not have the type.

Egypt

AMC Airlines - 4 -800.  Unlikely.

Egypt Air - 20   737-800.  Possibly.

MidWest - 1 aircraft.  Nope.

Iran - No operators. 

Iraq - Iraqi Airlines - 11 aircraft.  Seems unlikely given issues in Country.

Israel - El Al - 18 aircraft on type.  As much as I would love it, nobody is talking to Bryan from here.  All ex military, Security, etc, etc.

Lybia - Buraq Air - Only 2 aircraft.  Country issues.  No again.  Technically in Africa (but so is Egypt).

Oman - Oman Air - 18 Aircraft.  Probably use lots of foreign pilots.  Good possibility.

Saudi Arabia - Only 1 airframe, military.  No.

Tunisia - 7 of the 600 type.  Also in Africa.  No, not enough aircraft, only 600's.

Turkey

Anadolujet - 18 aircaft.  Possible.

Corendon - 6 aircraft.  Unlikely.

Pegasus - 41 aircraft.  Very possible.

Sun Express - 23 Aircraft.  Possible.

Turkish Airlines - 92 Aircraft.  Now we are talking.  Big airline operator.  Probably lots of foreign pilots.

UAE

Fly Dubai - 41 Aircraft.  Another possibility.  Big operator, lots of foreign pilots.

So crunching all of the above, taking into account the size of the airline, political climate in the country, who are likely to have most Ex-Pat pilots, here are my conclusions.

Turkish Airlines & Fly Dubai are my top choices.

Oman Air, Pegasus are second but I think way back.

Everyone else is very much a long shot.

So Bryan, how did I do?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Brunai - Royal Burnai - Does not have the type.

Brunei? Nope... It sounds like one of the United Arab Emirates or close to... but it actually next to Malaysia in South East Asia!  ^_^

SO Royal Brunei is excluded in any case.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Actually, I kinda screwed up that response  :P

I shouldn't respond to forums at 2 am.

Sop 1 is generic Boeing, but our consultant is a westerner who flies in the 'sandbox'.  His airline uses basically out of the box Boeing procedures.

Sop 2 is from an airline south of the equator... it's already been listed :-)

Sop 3 is known.

Actually, I kinda screwed up that response  :P

I shouldn't respond to forums at 2 am.

Sop 1 is generic Boeing, but our consultant is a westerner who flies in the 'sandbox'.  His airline uses basically out of the box Boeing procedures.

Sop 2 is from an airline south of the equator... it's already been listed :-)

Sop 3 is known.

Thanks for the clarification Bryan.

Brunei? Nope... It sounds like one of the United Arab Emirates or close to... but it actually next to Malaysia in South East Asia!  ^_^

SO Royal Brunei is excluded in any case.

oops.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

Hi guys, I love love love the product, long-time user of the 777 and 737 products. However, I'm having some trouble with the Reboot installation. 

First, near the end of the installation I get an 'unsupported 16-bit application' error referring ti vcredist_x86.exe' - but I still get a 'successfully installed' message. 

When firing up FSX and the PMDG 737, FS2Crew panels (Main and Secondary are only options) show up as all black, nothing clickable. 

I'm on FSX-Steam, new install of FS2Crew, 64-bit Windows 7 (Ultimate) and new install of PMDG 737NGX.

I did not have any problems with the previous version of FS2Crew 737NGX, and of course no problems with the 777 version. 

Thanks in advance for your help. I've added links to screen shots of the error message and all-black FS2Crew panels.

Scott

Unsupported 16-bit application error:

http://s24.postimg.org/4v1xzcg3p/FS2_Crew_16bit.png

FSX-Steam

http://s28.postimg.org/h8wnic8hp/FS2_Crew_capture.png

vcredist_x86.exe

That's the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 end user run-times installer.

Sounds like your download is corrupt.

Please try downloading again.

You can also download the VS 2013 end user run times via here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

In the install screen there are options for FSX Box, FSX:SE standalone, FSX:SE side-by-side with Box, and P3D.  I have both FSX Box and FSX:SE installed.  Do I need to install with the FSX Box option first, then install again with the side-by-side option?  Or can I just forego the Box-only install?