Sign in to follow this  
byork

FAQs and Quick Help

FAQs and Quick Help:

Question: I have general problems.

Answer: Make sure your anti-v*rus program is excluding the FS folder.  Some anti v*rus programs are aggressive and will quarantine critical files causing problems.

Version 2.0 also includes a new "SYSTEM CHECK" on the NGX Reboot Config Manager.  Run it to ensure everything is installed correctly:

Question:  I have P3D V4, and the FO is not moving any of the switches or pressing buttons.

Answer:  

You need to have the latest P3D V4 version.

To know what version of P3D V4 you have, right click on the Prepar3D.exe located in your main P3D folder.

Look at the "details" section / tab.

Look at the "file version".

You need to have 4.0.28.21686 or later installed.

More info here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6305&t=125533

Question:  The NGX Config Manager will not load.

Answer:

1. Delete and Reinstall the Riva Tuner Statistics Service.  That worked for one user.

Question: My panel FS2Crew Main Panel is black.

Answer:

1. Re-install the PMDG 737 NGX.  Manually delete any left over PMDG 737 folders in the SimObjects folder after the uninstall, then re-install.  That will restore the NGX's panel.cfg to its original, clean state.  Then re-enable FS2Crew.  This will ensure everything is in the right place.

2. Do not use Saved Situation files.  If using FSX, default aircraft on the Free Flight screen should be the Trike.  P3D: Default aircraft on load-up should not be the NGX.

3. Run the "System Check" in the Config Manager.

4. Try this solution as a last resort.  This is a very rare situation, but it solved the problem for one user:

http://lkalamaras.blogspot.de/2007/06/was-this-for-our-own-good.html

5. Another use was using BITDEFENDER, an anti-virus program that nuked a lot of FS2Crew files.  Make sure your anti-virus is excluding the main FS folder.  Personally I just use Windows Defender; no problems for me.

Question: Where did the VOICE button go?

Answer: To minimize screen real-estate, we moved it to the SECONDARY PANEL.  When you first load Reboot, Reboot is in BUTTON CONTROL mode by default.  If you want to enable VOICE CONTROL, open the SECONDARY PANEL and go to the SETUP PAGE.

Question: Where are the manuals?

Answer: START - ALL PROGRAMS - FS2CREW2015 and also at: www.support.fs2crew.com

Question: During engine start, the FO says "STARTER CUTOUT" way too soon and starts his after engine start procedure before I even started the engines.

Answer: You have a button or hardware lever assigned to the FS "MIXTURE CONTROL" command/event.  Delete that.  FS2Crew reads the position of MIXTURE CONTROL to determine the position of the Start Levers.

Question: In SOP 3, my Before Taxi checklist gets messed up when I use a "Transit" version of that checklist.

Answer: Only call for a Transit checklist on the 2nd or subsequent leg.

Question:  I'm getting the SDK Error.

Answer:  Consult the MAIN OPS MANUAL Trouble Shooting sections.  Odds are you're using Saved Situation files, and those are a no-no.  The Trike should always be the default aircraft on the Free Flight screen in FSX.

This is for the 777, but it applies equally to the NGX.

One user had everything setup right, but still kept getting the SDK error.

We solved his problem by doing a total clean install of the NGX:

1. Uninstalling the PMDG 737 NGX.

2. Manually deleting any left over PMDG737 folders in the SimObjects folder in FS <DO NOT FORGET THAT STEP!

3. Re-installing the NGX SP1D.

4. Re-install FS2Crew Reboot.

5. If using FSX, ensure the 2D cockpit loads by default, not the VC.  There's an option in the FSX Setting menu to control this.

That way you are totally clean.

There was some strange junk in his old PMDG folder that was causing the problem.

Also, if you install the 600/700 expansion pack AFTER you enable FS2Crew NGX Reboot, you will need to cycle the Enable/Disable button the FS2Crew Reboot Config Manager.

That will re-add the ENABLE SDK line to the NGX Options.ini file.   We believe the 600/700 installer deletes that line.

Note: It turns out some 3rd party liveries will also delete the ENABLE SDK line.  Just cycle the Enable/Disable FS2Crew button to restore the ENABLE SDK line.

Also, ensure have SP1D for the 737.  SP1C is not sufficient.

If you own the boxed version of the PMDG 737 NGX, you can obtain SP1D from Aerosoft.

Use this link:

http://support.aerosoft.com/details.php?action=download&dl=V8E5ZgAI6a4mF%2FINqLhFHLqz1lnhrg6lBho9m1qv%2B7mMJfa0kfxQGjDIEh6HAmDjbUzBVlHBeuki8Py3XD%2BGew%3D%3D

Reminder, if you have the BOXED VERSION, make sure you have SP1D!

If you do not have the PMDG OPS CENTER on your desktop, you do not have SP1D installed correctly.

Also, we had a case were a user appeared to have SP1D installed, but for some reason the PMDG Gauges were never updated, probably due to a write permission or registry issue.

Run the free Flight1 registry repair tool found at www.flight1.com, and re-install SP1D with Admin rights.  Right click on the SP1D installer and select "Run as Admin".

In the Gauges folder in FSX/P3D, the PMDG_737_NGX.dll's should be dated 2015 or later.

Finally, one user solved the SDK issue by having his 3rd party anti-virus program (Kapersky) exclude the FS folder.  

Question: I get an error message when I try to enable FS2Crew in the Reboot Configurator.

Answer: You have a write permission problem.  From another user:

In the upper window of the "safety-tab" proprieties of the FSX folder I had to add (it wasn't in the previous menu) "everyone" than in the lower window I had to select the authorisations for "everyone" and I selected also "scrittura" enabled ("wrtiting" enabled) and than Windows updated all the files of this folder with the new authorisations...

Question:  I get no headset audio, or I'm losing my audio.

Answer: Uninstall your current audio drivers via the Windows Control panel, and re-start your system.  You want to use the Microsoft "Realtek" drivers.  Sometimes, custom audio drivers can cause this issue.

In Windows Sound options, uncheck the option that allows programs to take "exclusive" control of your audio device.

Update your audio drivers.

Open the Windows "Volume Mixer".  Ensure the "Applications" slider is not muted.

Question:  How do I install the English - US language pack in Windows 10?  I tried, but English - US is not visible in the 'Language' drop down menu.

Answer:

1. Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language.

2. Select Add a language. 
3. Select the language you want to use from the list (ENGLISH)
4. Choose which region's version you want to use (ENGLISH - US
5.Then you must click 'options' and then click 'download' under the 'speech' category.
6. Go to the speech recognition settings page in the Control panel.
7. English - US should now be visible in the Language drop down menu.
8. Don't forget to train your voice!

Question:  I'm using P3D V3 and I'm using an on-line ATC pilot client.  FS2Crew crashes when I run the runway entry or after start procedure.

Answer:

In the FS2Crew Config Menu on the Secondary Panel, set ON-LINE ATC to NO.  

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed.  You don't need their bloatware. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

In your Windows "Power Options", ensure that "USB Selective Suspend Setting" is Disabled.

Also, the 2018 Windows Spring Update appears to add new "privacy" options for your microphone that, if enabled, can turn off your microphone. 

See this thread for more info:

Question: I'm using Vox ATC and the FS2Crew Main Panel will not open.  The system check says everything is okay.

Answer:

The Panel Window Number sequencing in your panel.cfg is out order due to the two entries VOX ATC adds.

Please open the 737-800's panel.cfg file with notepad.

Change the two FS2Crew window entries number so the numbers are in correct numerical sequence.

It should look something like this.  Note the correct Window numbering and how they are in sequence.

Window20=VoxATC////VoxATC
Window21=VoxATC Recent Comms////VoxATC
window22=FS2Crew Main Panel
window23=FS2Crew Secondary Panel

When done, you will also need to update the two FS2Crew window sections at the "bottom" of the panel.cfg so the window numbers match up with the Windows Titles section.

If you have any problems, just send us a Support Ticket.

Best,

Our consultant for this airline replied to me re: this question.

He said:

"A flight dispatcher can also be the term used for the person in charge of the on ground functions around the aircraft. So I guess it comes from receiving clearance from that person that all equipment is clear."

I uninstalled and reinstalled PMDG 737 NGX and FS2Crew twice, exactly how it is described in the Forum,unfortunately to no avail. Also consulted the Main OPS Manual followed exactly the advice. The Trike is my default. Yesterday I discovered in my PMDG 737 folders in SimObject folder, there is not only the cfg file, there is also a cfg-OLD file. Removed the cfg-OLD file but still get SDK Error.

Question: Are there any other PMDG folders to remove manually as those in the PMDG 737 folders in SimObjects?

I have only SP1C available, can't get NGX SP1D, got the PMDG 737 NGX as a birthday gift from a friend in the Netherlands. He bought it from Aerosoft in Germany.

Recycle the enable/disable button on the FS2Crew Reboot Configurator. Can anybody please explain what this means, don't understand "recycle".

Any help is very much appreciated, since I'm not very familiar with computers in general.

Arnie43

Recycle the enable/disable button on the FS2Crew Reboot Configurator. Can anybody please explain what this means, don't understand "recycle".

Hi, "recycle" means clicking on the button twice, a first time to disable Fs2crew and a second time to re-enable it.

Basically "recycling" means switching off and on.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Question: Are there any other PMDG folders to remove manually as those in the PMDG 737 folders in SimObjects?
                 I have only SP1C available, can't get NGX SP1D, got the PMDG 737 NGX as a birthday gift from a friend in the Netherlands. He bought it from Aerosoft in Germany.

Please contact Aerosoft on how to get SP1D.  Or ask your friend for the login info so you can redownload it.

Uninstall the PMDG 737.

Remove any and all PMDG 737 folders in the SimObjects folder prior to re-installing.

This ensures you are totally "clean".

good day. I have a few questions.

1. the fact that fo does not push TFC on his side during runway entry proc and after landing is due to sdk limiation? (the same with 777)

2. today I turned failures mode on and during apu/eng fire checks fo reacts like we have a fire.

3. after installing v3, fo does not move left eng start switch to cont, only right one (on the approach)

1. so if it is technically possible it means that its matter of time  :smile:

2. Im using SOP1. anyway if it designed for SOP2 I wil turn the failures off. 

3. Actually I flew only twice after installing v3 and noticed that on both flights. I will inform you if it repeats. 

Quick question. In fs2crew, can you change for example the bug up speed? I've seen that the PM sets 205 in the 737. I'd like him to set 220 instead. Is that possible? Cheers