Sign in to follow this  
TooWings

“Suspicious male in possession of flight simulator game” (Feds)

Wonder if I'm on a watch list too?  I have FS9 and FSX, I used to play various combat flight sims.  I have Airport Design Editor and I'm constantly checking Google satellite images of airports, searching for recent videos and pictures of airports and downloading the latest FAA airport diagrams so that I can keep the airports that I sim fly to and from as accurate as I can.  That could be construed as suspicious activity.   We live in an interesting world, do we not?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Multiple people have been seen crashing planes deliberately in FSX-SE. Such subversive behavior is even more rampant in GTA5, an obvious terrorist training program. To the watch list with all of them!! 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sign of the times, be paranoid and afraid at all times!! The gov apparently has a right to bully whoever whenever. It's cases like this that we will soon see on fox news, listening to bill orielly explaining the "dangers" of home flight simulators, and to watch your neighbors for "suspicious flight simulator activity"!

Home cockpit builders especially, are obvious targets for closer surveillance. Actually, why not just ban "unreasonably realistic" simulation as a national security threat? This would force all planes to be bright pink and leave rainbow trails, and the controls would be "simplified" to lower the potential for nefarious uses.

cute-airplane-toy-for-toddlers-1024x819_

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This is absolutely insane!  I remember after 9/11 there were many analysts on NBC stating the terrorists learned how to pilot the aircraft from FS2000 and that was soon discounted after it was learned they went to flight schools.  The OP is embarrassing if true. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So are we Prepar3d users in trouble since its "not for entertainment"?  Is flight training alone cause for a terror alert?  Oh wait, he was Muslim.....now I get it.  Pathetic. 

"If flight simming is a crime, then I am guilty."

I just got off the phone with the Polizei and they said report to jail immediately Ollie :p0805:

Chris Sunseri

home-cockpit-save_zpscxuozybh.jpg

Devons rig

Did you guys read the PDF file that was linked on that site? It's a lot worse that it looks.  If I'm reading it right, he didn't even HAVE a flight simulator, but he was just viewing a website where several were being reviewed.  The police saw this when they entered his home to look for a domestic abuse suspect that they said had gone there.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Actually, why not just ban "unreasonably realistic" simulation as a national security threat?

Hilarious! but shhh! ..dont give them ideas or its bye bye to flight-sims and train-sims, bus-sims and city simulators etc..  And of course there's the Goat Simulator terrorist threat....

https://youtu.be/bjLIPSo8XgU?t=49

Goat Simulator is so fake. The goats don't poop! :Cow:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

'How the US's terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one.

- Long-withheld document provides insight into secretive system in which people can be placed on terrorism databases with astounding ease, and without any way to get off"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/us-terrorism-watchlist-work-no-fly-list

Eh.

This is all very predictable. Whenever people in the past have questioned this stuff, they are usually countered by others saying they don't care because they have nothing to hide, etc, etc.

We'll see how the worm turns when those very same people find out they are now on some rapidly growing list somewhere for something innocuous. It's always ok as long as it's "those other people" (whoever the other people are, at any given microsecond of history) in the crosshairs.  :lol:

Devons rig