Sign in to follow this  
ben2491

SDK fails to initialize - FSX - NGX Reboot

Hello guys,

sorry that i come up with a problem already :/ When I want to start the Fs2Crew panel there comes the error message: PMDG SDK failed to initialize. I have a fresh NGX install with service pack 1d, 2D panel at startup, the Pmdg short turnaorund panel state loaded and I did everything according to the manual/tutorial. I'm using button control and SOP2 is activated.The NGX is not my default startup aircraft.

Thanks for your help!

Ben

Thanks for the quick reply Bryan!

Unfortunately that didn't work... I have the SDK line in my ini. NGX file, the FSX (running as admin) is not installed in the default program folder and I don't use a saved situation, only the default PMDG short/long state

Sorry for the misunderstanding: I do that too. I start the flight in the PMDG default state, I wait until the aircraft is ready (green bar, 17-20 seconds) then I go to the FMS and load the PMDG Panel state (short or long - another green bar 17-20 seconds). I also tried to start Fs2Crew without loading any default panel state (engines running) but the same error message occurred...I also tried to reinstall, but nothing changed :(

Did you own the legacy version of FS2Crew NGX? Even if you didn't, try re-installing the PMDG 737 and then FS2Crew Reboot.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Yes I own it, but before I installed the reboot I completely uninstalled the legacy version and the NGX and then I made a clean reinstall (without the legacy of course) - 737 NGX incl. update 1d + Fs2Crew Reboot. I also use Fs2Crew for the 777 and everything works fine there. When I'm home tonight I'll reinstall everythig again but I don't have much optimism because I had a clean installation of the 737 already. Maybe I have to check the registry for any data that might cause problems

So, I uninstalled my NGX and the reboot again, cleared my registry, restarted my computer, installed everything again, restarted my computer and have still the same problem... this is getting frustrating :/

So, I uninstalled my NGX and the reboot again, cleared my registry, restarted my computer, installed everything again, restarted my computer and have still the same problem... this is getting frustrating :/

Cleaning registries always scares me.

But send me a Support Ticket.

I'll help you via a remote desktop.

You're sure you're starting in the 2D cockpit if using FSX?

If it works in the 777, it should work in the NGX.

Cheers,

One user had everyone setup right, but still kept getting the SDK error.

We solved his problem by doing a total clean install of the NGX:

1. Uninstalling the PMDG 737 NGX.

2. Manually deleting any left over PMDG737 folders in the SimObjects folder in FS.

3. Re-installing the NGX.

4. Re-install FS2Crew Reboot.

That way you are totally clean.

There was some strange junk in his old PMDG folder that we causing the problem.

How do you force the 737NGX to load in the 2D cockpit?     I am loading the trike,    making sure i have the 2D cockpit in that,  then load the NGX but it still comes up in the virtual cockpit.  

And I'm getting the SDK error too,   and I have checked that i have those two SDK lines in the _options.ini file. 

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia .

How do you force the 737NGX to load in the 2D cockpit?     I am loading the trike,    making sure i have the 2D cockpit in that,  then load the NGX but it still comes up in the virtual cockpit.  

And I'm getting the SDK error too,   and I have checked that i have those two SDK lines in the _options.ini file. 

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia .

OK oi was a bit quick on the trigger with that.      Dr Google was my friend and I found out how to do that.     Sorry. 

Here's hoping that solves the problem of the SDK thing.     I've been wrestling with FSX for almost all day.  First it was Norton 360 deleting dlls again, ( saying that because they didnt have a reputation,   I couldn't run them.  so it deleted them. - not quarantine - fully deleting them so I had to download the addons again !!)    then dumping Norton because it was the FOURTH time I have had to wrestle with this problem and then install Microsoft Security Essentials and learn how to configure it,    then reload the NGX and its variations,  then load my new FS2Crew Reboot,  then discover there was another add-on that Norton had broken,   so I had to go and get that all over again,   then finally I could work on starting up FSX.  

THEN the SDK Missing issue!!     The air went blue I can tell you!!! 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia