Sign in to follow this  
ben2491

SDK fails to initialize - FSX - NGX Reboot

Oh ok   I'm still in strife.     I go direct to the VC,  and still get the SDK message from FS2Crew.     What do I do now?

Have I got a simconnect issue?       Please tell me i dont have to completely reinstall FSX - that's a HUGE HUGE job with all the scenery and aircraft I have. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Sadly no, Bryan.     MY NGX loads into the VC  and I think its because yes I"m using EZDok.    But I still get the SDK problem    Where do I go now? 

On the basis that I might well have a SIMCONNECT problem,  I'm reinstalling some of my other add-ons that use it.  

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

MY NGX loads into the VC  and I think its because yes I"m using EZDok.

Yes, it's because of EZDOK.

There's a way to prevent EZDOK from force loading you into the VC cockpit.

From another user:

I had the same problem and one simmer told me how to fix it and it works for me now, and looks to me this is the only option which works for those who has same issue. So here:
Start up FSX then open the EZDOK studio and under options select Define keys and buttons and there you will find a Global enable setting (it is actually an enable/disable function). I have this mapped to a joystick button and I use this a lot to temporarily disable EZDOK camera effects when using the mouse to click on Cockpit buttons.You need to do all this before loading the NGX. Once the NGX is loaded in 2D you can switch to 3D and enable EZDOK.
Let me know if it doesn't work but it should. 

Sigh.   It's getting to the point where there are so many things like this to do before I can even get started flight simulating it's hardly worth the effort any more. 

I have to disable my internet connection so I can disable my antivirus.   But before I can do that i have to use Active Sky Next to get the weather, and log on to my VA.    Then go off line,  disable my antivirus and argue with it  "YES I DO want to disable antivirus!!! now just shut upt!!" 

Then plan my flight.    Sometihng to do with this project at last. 

Now I have to load FSX, but not EZDOK.    Load a trike into the departure airport.   Disable EZDOK    Make sure the trike's in 2d cockpit.    Load the NGX.    Load the 3D cockpit.    Start FS2Crew.      Enable EZDOK.   

All this can be up to half an hour.      Who ever heard of a game that takes that many steps and half an hour to actually get started??

Anyway I'll give it a go and see how it goes.

Cheers

MIke Kear

Hi Mike,

1. Normally you shouldn't need to disable your anti virus.  I use Windows Defender that comes with Windows.

Your anti virus should have an option to exclude the FS Folder.

2. You don't need to actually load the Trike onto the runway.  But the trike should be the default aircraft visible on the Free Flight screen.

Saved flight files can cause complex 3rd party addons like the PMDG to not initialize properly.  Even PMDG recommend against them.

3. EZDOK.  Some people don't have to disable.  Some do.

From the time I load Flightsim to the time I can be in the NGX with the FS2Crew Main Panel open ready to go is around 20 seconds depending on the state of my scenery sliders  B)

If you're still grappling with the SDK warning, send me a support ticket and I'll help you via a remote desktop.

Cheers,

Ok question .... I know its a long time since we last had a discussion about this,  but Its the first time I've been able to get time to look into it .... 

How do you disable EZDOK before you load an aircraft?   It seems to me the only way to disable EZDOK is to load an aircraft that has a definition set up for EZDOK,    global disable it,  then load the PMDG  NGX.  

Or have I missed something? 

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsdor, NSW, Australia 

Oh well it didnt help anyway.     I loaded the trike to a gate at YSSY,   shut down the engines and the power.   Turned off EZDOK, using the button on my joystick I had configured to global disable EZDOK.  

Then I checked that EZDOK was disabled by looking a the menu option .   It said "Global enable"  which would imply EZDOK was properly disabled.  

Then I switched to the PMDG NGX B737-800.   It came up in the 2D cockpit with the engines running and EZDOK disabled.    But when I pressed Shift-C to open FS2Crew I still got the SDK ERROR message.  

What now? 

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsdor, NSW, Australia 

Ok i finally got it all to work.. . here's what I had to do 

1.  Start FSX

2. PIck the trike and load it at the gate on the airport I'm wanting to use as departure point. 

3. Check the trike is in 2d cockpit.  (normally isnt - have to select that manually,  despite having the settings to "load in 2d cockpit")

4.  Disable EZDOK either from button 12 on my joystick or from the add-ons menu.   ( FSX always loads with EZDOK enabled.   Is there a way to change that? ) .

5.  Change aircraft to the PMDG NGX

6.  Change cockpits to 3 VC

7.  Re-enable EZDOK

8.  Start FS2Crew.

I'm hoping with more time using the products I can eliminate one or more of these steps because it's a pain in the neck to do all that.   Miss one step and i have to shut down FSX and start all over again.  

But at least i have it going!!   Which is progress indeed!  

THank you Bryan.   I can see this is a very complex thing,  specially since you have to work with the limitations of not just one complicated application (PMDG NGX) but also a complex and increasingly obsolete program FSX.    As a programmer myself, I am impressed with what you've been able to pull off here. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia. 

4.  Disable EZDOK either from button 12 on my joystick or from the add-ons menu.   ( FSX always loads with EZDOK enabled.   Is there a way to change that? ) .

Hi Mike,

Glad you got it sorted.

Some people have to momentarily disable EZDOK, others don't.

It funny how computers don't behave the same way all the time.

As for your question, I don't know.  You'd want to ask the EZDOK developers.

Best,

(With P3D), ezdok is automatically start With fsuipc.ini and not exe.XML and so no problem With sdk...

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

Oh fer pete's sake - after starting half a dozen times just fine,   I added some liveries,  and now the SDK warning is back again.

To try to minimise the things that might be causing the problem,   I now get the SDK error from FS2Crew if i start FSX in this sequence:  

1. Start FSX

2.  Select the default aircraft (Trike) to a gate at an airport I want to use as the departure point for this flight.  (I'm assuing that doesnt make any difference - the aircraft and FS2Crew doesnt care what airport and scenery I"m using do they? ) 

3.   Ensure that EZDOK is disabled

4. Ensure that the trike has loaded in the 2D cockpit. 

5.  Load the NGX   (I've tried the house PMDG livery as well as some of the ones I loaded - same result) 

6.  Before I did anything else,   pressed ALT-C to open the FS2Crew control panel - got the SDK warning message - SDK failed to load.    

So does that mean that somehow I've corrupted my NGX instal and need to go back and do it again?     Any other possibilities that might have caused this to start happening again,   given that all I did between last night's successful operations and today's failed operation was loading liveries.  

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia . 

Not sure how new liveries could cause the SDK message, but it's computers so never say never.

Which livery did you install that triggered it?

Can you look at your PMDG 737 Options.ini file.

I'm wondering if the new livery somehow refreshed the Options ini, and thus deleted the "enable sdk" line in the Options.ini.

Jeez Bryan,  I should take more time to consider things before i press the panic button.    You're dead right.      

The liveries were some from PMDG's free set,  and the others were downloaded from AVSIM,  so therefore of varying quality.    I looked at PMDG 737 Options.ini and that enable line was not there.    A 30 second interface with the FS2Crew configuration application and it was fixed.     Bloody obvious when I think of it .    I'm kicking myself for not looking at that before I wrote the post you just replied to. 

Thank you Bryan.      Having some humble pie with my breakfast. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia.