Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

Looks like REX has released Weather Architect.

Woke up this morning and found that REX has released their latest product. Sorry, I can't post links here I guess.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Okay.  Great news!  I'll post the link - http://www.rexdirectexperience.com/architect.html

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This looks very nice.

I'm going to wait a bit and see FPS reports but if what they say is true (only loads once and that's it) then this will be a winner in so many ways :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Ok, thanks for confirming.  Think I'll pass, life is too short to design weather systems.....

Roll on Weather Direct!

@PaulGR. As a beta tester I can confirm the FPS are no problem, and yes, once the weather has loaded that's it.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

I agree, one thing about weather is it is unpredictable, by creating it you are taking that away and know exactly what you have created, not realistic.

ASN pretty much has weather systems covered for me with REX4 textures.

Matthew Kane

Great to see this ... It will bring further competition into the sim, we all benefit from that :)

Interesting. I create weather all of the time during LOFT in FFS. Would be nice to have some level of control other than pick a random Wx in MSFS.

I thought this was the competition to other weather engines that provide live/historical weather until I read the product description. Guess it's geared more towards folks who like to create videos or maybe practice flying in specific conditions.

Looking forward to what game-changers Weather Direct would bring to the table.

I agree, one thing about weather is it is unpredictable, by creating it you are taking that away and know exactly what you have created, not realistic.

While I do agree with you, one of the reasons they mention is if you're flying multiplayer and want everyone to be synced up with what they see weather-wise. For that, it's a good idea.

Also, say you want to practice landing with a 12 knot crosswind in light snow with a certain cloud coverage. Stuff like that it could be useful for (granted, also possible to do with ASN)

I'm in two minds over whether (sorry!) I should pick it up or not. I'll wait for some reviews/videos first. Looking forward to Weather Direct too!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I'll pass on this, and let the "weather creation" up to God.  FSX is supposed to be "as real as it gets", so I'll use real weather as it is right now.

Stan

Well I think its a nice product

Pros - clouds look better for some reason as its not a texture update - lots of weather effects going on even noticed while its raining rain sound got more intense as you take off compared to standing still - load up a user theme and flight plan is all ready loaded into your aircraft - very nice - very immersive

Cons - Tried one user theme and it crashes p3d (consistently) - tried another it was fine so that will be hit or miss - there will be stutters in vc mostly (spot not bad) - had to turn cloud distance way down and cloud amount - still looks fine but helps a lot with performance ( full screen mode is better than wide view to help with stutters) - now all that said there is a lot going on with these themes so understandable why there is a bit of performance hit

All and All its a nice purchase - another thought is first thing I noticed is this is mostly used to create stormy situations - not sure how to create a scenario thats more subtle as the painting area is basically rain  - maybe I am missing something

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich. Not sure what you mean by this. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Bob G.