Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

Looks like REX has released Weather Architect.

@PaulGR. As a beta tester I can confirm the FPS are no problem, and yes, once the weather has loaded that's it.

Bob G.

So if I load the weather prior to leaving LAX and fly to JFK my weather at JFK will be 6 or 7 hours out of date? Not sure if I understand that? Sounds like it would be great for IFR training where you can create a particular weather situation and keep flying it until you get it right?

Martin

Hi Rich. Not sure what you mean by this. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Bob G.

Not sure how much clearer I can make it Bob

Rich Sennett

Hi Martin. The weather will be exactly as you painted it for your flight plan or a certain area you want to create weather. Time has nothing to do with WA. Once you create that weather theme or weather theme with flight plan, it will be saved. You may fly it or share it in the community themes. If you fly multiplayer, you both can load that theme and fly in the same weather that you created for that theme.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

So if I load the weather prior to leaving LAX and fly to JFK my weather at JFK will be 6 or 7 hours out of date? Not sure if I understand that? Sounds like it would be great for IFR training where you can create a particular weather situration and keep flying it until you get it right?

Martin

No weather is created from start to end by maker - if you load a community theme they have made the flight plan and all of the different weather along the way - you control everything - I 'm not good at creation portion thats why I will continue to use created themes which is cool as the flights and airports are all ready determined

Rich Sennett

Sorry Rich. I am not clear about your last paragraph. I have I:E 11 and can't copy and paste in certain forums.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Hi Martin. The weather will be exactly as you painted it for your flight plan or a certain area you want to create weather. Time has nothing to do with WA. Once you create that weather theme or weather theme with flight plan, it will be saved. You may fly it or share it in the community themes. If you fly multiplayer, you both can load that theme and fly in the same weather that you created for that theme.

Bob G.

Okay, understand now, thanks!

Cheers

Martin

No weather is created from start to end by maker - if you load a community theme they have made the flight plan and all of the different weather along the way - you control everything - I 'm not good at creation portion thats why I will continue to use created themes which is cool as the flights and airports are all ready determined

Thanks Rich, understand it better now!

Cheers

Martin

Sorry Rich. I am not clear about your last paragraph. I have I:E 11 and can't copy and paste in certain forums.

Bob G.

"All and All its a nice purchase - another thought is first thing I noticed is this is mostly used to create stormy situations - not sure how to create a scenario thats more subtle as the painting area is basically rain  - maybe I am missing something"

Hi yah Bob what I mean is in the menu system the painting selections are all variations of rain - I would like to see the option to paint just different kinds of clouds without rain maybe you can and I dont know how

Rich Sennett

@Rich. It's up to the person creating the theme. You may select rain, storms, snow, winds, fog etc. as the base for your theme. You then go to the cell setting for that theme and you have many options as to wind, clouds etc. I wish I could post a link but if you go to REX's home page or the forum, the user manual is available for  download free.

Hope that helps Rich.

Bob G.

@Rich. It's up to the person creating the theme. You may select rain, storms, snow, winds, fog etc. as the base for your theme. You then go to the cell setting for that theme and you have many options as to wind, clouds etc. I wish I could post a link but if you go to REX's home page or the forum, the user manual is available for  download free.

Hope that helps Rich.

Bob G.

Ah thanks Bob forgot about cell setting - dah

Rich Sennett

What's the state of the art weather these days in FSX?

Did they finally overcome this age-old bug (or limitation) that it was virtually impossible to render a thick deck of stratus clouds sitting say 200' AGL (ceiling) above the airport with visibility below at 1/2 SM and absolutely clear weather above the clouds? Is it doable these days? Is it doable in P3D or X-Plane? I admit I haven't used any of these sims in a very long time.

Ah thanks Bob forgot about cell setting - dah

So, is there a way to create non wet themes? I bought this today and can't seem to do anything other than rain/storm/snow. I want to make some dry cumulus summer weather  :mad:  I really thought this was going to offer control of layers and their hight as well, but I don't see any way to fine control the broad brush strokes you can make.

I hope I'm missing something, as so far this is a total waste of money for me, and that's a first with a REX product.

Also I cannot get it to work with FSX-SE currently (the weather does not change from the default FSX theme) though P3Dv2.5 is fine.

I want to make some dry cumulus summer weather  :mad:  I really thought this was going to offer control of layers and their hight as well, but I don't see any way to fine control the broad brush strokes you can make.

Thats what I was expected also and not sure what the answer is - maybe Tim will stop by to clarify 

What's the state of the art weather these days in FSX?

Did they finally overcome this age-old bug (or limitation) that it was virtually impossible to render a thick deck of stratus clouds sitting say 200' AGL (ceiling) above the airport with visibility below at 1/2 SM and absolutely clear weather above the clouds? Is it doable these days? Is it doable in P3D or X-Plane? I admit I haven't used any of these sims in a very long time.

Mike I thinks its doable in P3D - I have seen a video of it - I have not ran across the total scene you wish for - close though 

Rich Sennett

So, is there a way to create non wet themes? I bought this today and can't seem to do anything other than rain/storm/snow. I want to make some dry cumulus summer weather :mad: I really thought this was going to offer control of layers and their hight as well, but I don't see any way to fine control the broad brush strokes you can make.

I hope I'm missing something, as so far this is a total waste of money for me, and that's a first with a REX product.

Also I cannot get it to work with FSX-SE currently (the weather does not change from the default FSX theme) though P3Dv2.5 is fine.

I had to reload the weather once sim had started (which it states you shouldn't do) to get the weather injection to work. I posted a video on the other topic.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

It states in the manual that with  FSX SE before you start WA, start FSX SE and go to Free Flight first, then start WA. See page 61.

Bob G.

I had to reload the weather once sim had started (which it states you shouldn't do) to get the weather injection to work. I posted a video on the other topic.

Hi Ben (and Bob who posted as I was typing) Thanks that does the trick with FSX-SE, that or have it up and running with the flight loaded before clicking Fly Now. With P3Dv2.5 it will load up from scratch with the weather theme you have created. I guess this was something I overlooked when having a quick read through.

I am still disappointed that there seems no way to draw weather that is not raining, again, unless I missing something. If not, this seems a big oversight to me. Selecting the Global cumulus setting does not seem to add the desired amount of cloud (if any) to fill in the spaces you have drawn, same with cirrus, which is always very sparse. Both at 8/8...

It is nice to see a massive storm you've drawn many miles away doing its thing, so that is interesting, but other than that it feels a bit lacking. It also highlights how rubbish P3D is at drawing clouds, they really are horrible compared to FSX.

Edit just to add. It would be nice to have some control over cloud base and height, plus the ability to edit your themes rather that having to start from scratch.