Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

3 Imaginesim airports now freeware

Imaginesim is now offering 3 of their older airports for free. The airports are Newark, New Orleans, and Detroit. You can get them from Imaginesim's website.

They are for F2004. Has anyone tried them in FSX or Prepar3d?

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Why?

I just installed it into FSX, doesn't seem to work properly :(

These are great airports for FS9. Do any of the FS9 posters so far know if the updates from ImagineSim website are required or if they are in the pkg already. regards, David

Why?

Because he wants to know.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Because he wants to know.

Indeed .... quite intuitively obvious to the most casual observer ..... but .....

as his signature states: "... a recent Prepar3D v2 convert"  , I really wondered what he was doing in this forum.

Just think if all of us FS2004ers headed on over to the "other" versions' forums (I believe that some call this "trolling") and asked if all of the new sceneries and aircraft designed for them worked in FS9?  It would drive them bonkers.

First and Last a FS2004 "convert" ONLY

Imaginesim is now offering 3 of their older airports for free. The airports are Newark, New Orleans, and Detroit. You can get them from Imaginesim's website.

Thanks for the info!

Mark Daniels

Indeed .... quite intuitively obvious to the most casual observer ..... but .....

as his signature states: "... a recent Prepar3D v2 convert"  , I really wondered what he was doing in this forum.

Just think if all of us FS2004ers headed on over to the "other" versions' forums (I believe that some call this "trolling") and asked if all of the new sceneries and aircraft designed for them worked in FS9?  It would drive them bonkers.

May I point out to you that, if a thread appears on the front page's "recently discussed forum topics" list, there is no indication whatsoever in which forum it may be found?  I came over here as well, not realizing until midway down the thread that this was posted in a FS9 section.  (Posts on deals like this are generally found in the "bargain basement" section.)

I think that, before you start smugly accusing posters with questions of "trolling," you might want to consider they might not have realized that this thread topic was supposed to only concern FS9 users?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Seems like a reasonable question since many FS9 sceneries can function in FSX/P3D. I gave away FS9 a looooooooong time ago, but here I am...wondering the same thing about compatibility with FSX/P3D. Guess we have a different understanding of 'trolling'.   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

These older works from Imaginesim are very performance challenged.  The only exception being New Orleans (this one's a good deal).  Anyone would be better served getting KEWR and KDTW from Blueprint (the only other option out there for these two and easy on framerates).  Blueprint's offering may not be on FSDT's level but at least their comparable to what's being offered here for free plus they perform better in the sim.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

SunSky Scenery is working on a fabulous rendition of KDTW currently which will be freeware...

And as someone mentioned above, I arrived at this post the same way. It showed up under recent topics so I clicked it not knowing it was for FS9.