Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

3 Imaginesim airports now freeware

Thanks for the heads up, great that developers let the old ones go into the wild and give some joy.

I think the "New Topics" listing is set up so you can see which forum it comes from by a mouse hover.

Times and computing machinery have moved on.

Perhaps that should be made more explicit for those not gifted with the rodent?

(...) Just think if all of us FS2004ers headed on over to the "other" versions' forums (I believe that some call this "trolling") and asked if all of the new sceneries and aircraft designed for them worked in FS9?  It would drive them bonkers.

(...)

You could still enquire in the FSX/P3D forums whether a FS9 version will also be made available. I would not consider that 'trolling' (either).

Apologies for my post - seems to have caused offence to some. Thanks to all those that did give constructive answers though. I will try and only contribute to P3D forums from now on - I had not realised I was in a FS2004 one (having followed the trending topic title).

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Apologies for my post - seems to have caused offence to some. Thanks to all those that did give constructive answers though. I will try and only contribute to P3D forums from now on - I had not realised I was in a FS2004 one (having followed the trending topic title).

I suspected that was what happened.  And, as far as I'm concerned, you don't need to apologize -- others here might consider apologizing to you, instead.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Way too many panties in a bunch over a simple question.  

As for KEWR being performance challenged that is true but I get 46-50 FPS at both KEWR and UK2000 EGLL so with a modern rig you can overcome the performance challenges.  Granted you can't compare the detail of KEWR to UK2000 but from a performance standpoint considering it is free try it for yourself...  There are also things you can do like converting textures and removing taxiway border lights 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

For those that installed the Newark scenery, here in the library there is a file that will improve the night lighting of the scenery. I forgot who made it but the file name is imaginesim_kewr_nighttextures.zip

All three free airports show as; infected with Adware W32/E-shoper Spyware, in the .exe file  My anti-virus caught it immediately and quarantined.

Note, the spyware name is actually 'shoper' and not spelled 'shopper'.  It is embedded in the airport.exe file, and will infect your computer, if you run the .exe file, while trying to install the airport. If you have already installed, your system is infected, and you should do a full computer scan with your anti-viral program

Just a head's up post.

All three 'free' airports are infected with W32/E-shoper Spyware, in the .exe file  My anti-virus caught it immediately and quarantined.

Note, the spyware name is actually 'shoper' and not spelled 'shopper'.  It is embedded in the airport.exe file, and will infect your computer, if you run the .exe file, while trying to install the airport. If you have already installed, your system is infected, and you should to a full computer scan with your anti-viral program.

Be warned!

No warning from either MSE or Avast! for KMSY and KDTW.

What's your AV software, Mitch?

No warning from either MSE or Avast! for KMSY and KDTW.

What's your AV software, Mitch?

F-Secure, and is fully up to date on the viral and root kits def's.

I pulled the airport.exe file onto my Desktop from the zip, and immediately F-Secure pulled up warnings, identified, and quarantined.  I have since deleted all the airports download zips.

All three 'free' .exe's were intercepted as soon as I dropped the .exe onto the Desktop.

F-Secure, a very powerful suite, and is fully up to date on the viral and root kits def's.

I pulled the airport.exe file onto my Desktop from the zip, and immediately F-Secure pulled up warnings, identified, and quarantined.  I have since deleted all the airports download zips.

All three 'free' .exe's are infected with the Adware as mentioned.

I've had KDTW installed for a few days now and haven't experienced any problems. It's probably a false positive, which is all to common with FS addons. 

Speaking of KDTW, does anyone know how to remove the static traffic? 

I've had KDTW installed for a few days now and haven't experienced any problems. It's probably a false positive, which is all to common with FS addons. 

Speaking of KDTW, does anyone know how to remove the static traffic? 

F-Secure has never flagged any other flight sim download ever, pay or freeware on my system, but hit on all three of the free airports from this site. I just deleted them and moved on down the line... 

I would say it quite safe to assume F-Secure has got it wrong. No other reports, Norton says they are clean and it would be incredibly stupid for Imaginesim to be putting out infected exe's.

Mark Daniels

Had no virus alarms neither with my Avira programm, which mostly gets good, if not best, ratings in comparative tests, nor with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Thus I also believe in a false positive, maybe caused by the anti-pirate mechanism of the installation files.

In the newest test of AV-comparatives.org

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/avc_prot_2015a_en.pdf

F-Secure has a particular high false positive score (see p.12).

However, I installed all three airports in a sandbox first and took only the scenery and texture files over to my real system.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I would say it quite safe to assume F-Secure has got it wrong. No other reports, Norton says they are clean and it would be incredibly stupid for Imaginesim to be putting out infected exe's.

Better to report in this thread, what happened on my system, with F-Secure (which has the highest capture rating of all the pro anti-virus out there!) and many commercial companies run with it, including mine.  

But, as always, do what fits inside your comfort zone, guys 'n gals! . :)