Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Ezdok questions

Thinking of trying Ezdoc but have a few questions first. Main question is there an alternative to using the number pad? I do not have a number pad on my keyboard and Ezdoc seems to rely on using the number pad.

Next, is there a way to setup the mouse so it does panning around, up and down and in and out (zoom). I am hoping I can use the mouse and mouse buttons to set it up this way. I want to emulate Track Ir but with the mouse. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

You don't have to use the number pad. I don't use it either.

You can use the middle mouse button to pan around and zoom.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Thanks, is there anything else I can set the mouse up to do using the right and left click buttons, such as move side to side or up and down using the Ezdok panel key setup? I want to make the mouse as much like Track IR as possible.

When you don't use the number keys can you then set the Ezdok to other keys instead.

Thanks,

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi

I was reading about ezdok, I currently use S key to change views and use zoom in and out in the virtual cockpit.

How does Ezdok differ ?.

Hi

I was reading about ezdok, I currently use S key to change views and use zoom in and out in the virtual cockpit.

How does Ezdok differ ?.

EZdok is one of the best add-on EVER created for FSX. It's one of the most important add-ons. Once you understand how to use it, you will not be able to live without it. You can customize the keys to your liking. Check out some of the videos on youtube to help you understand how to properly install and utilize some of it's fantastic features.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks Jose

I have just got everything running smooth FSX with PMDG 777.

I was worried installing Ezdok might mess it up.

Is there a tutorial available on configuring it for PMDG 777. Like a step by step guide ?

Does Ezdok use up VAS ?

You configure EZDok to use whatever controls you want. You just need to unbind them from the FSX controls settings

Does Ezdok use up VAS ?

EZDOK is it's own .exe so, no, it has zero impact on FSX VAS.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Hi, as for 'messing it up': there is no addon that does not have an impact on the FPS. You might not notice it (and probably wont) but it is there. In the case with EZCA, it resets your point of view every few miliseconds via SimConnect and the sim has to deal with that = process more code than without it.

The number keys are only needed to setup cameras, you can get by without them if you set up EZDOK (it tries to bind the 'move camera initial position' and 'switch EZCA on/off' to Num 2 and 3.

The viewpoint of a camera is always moved by middle mouse button + mouse move for panning, mousewheel for zoom and cursor keys + page up/down for directional movements.

Basically, you set up cameras at fixed points so you can quickly scroll through them. They should have the ideal position to what you want to control, and they should have a fixed zoom level or you might get dizzy. That way you minimize panning around, but instead cycle to the camera needed and use your mouse to click on whatever. (first cam pilots eyes, 2nd overhead 3rd MCP, 4th engine instruments and throttles etc.

LORBY-SI