Sign in to follow this  
horace

SOP3 / aft landing items - missed approach altitude + 100

Hi there,

first: Awesome work! Reboot takes NGX immersion to a even higher level.

I noticed one tiny thing. As part of the after landing items the FO should set the MCP altitude to missed approach altitude + 100. That's what I understood from a real world pilot working for that particular airline. I assumed that's also the reason why you have to put the missed approach altitude in the FS2Crew arrival page. What the FO does at the moment, is to set 3100 on the MCP. At least for the last three flights I did.

Can somebody confirm that?

Hendrik

Hendrik Horeis

In SOP 3, the FO during his after landing flow will set the MCP Alt to an Odd Level + 100.

That's not a missed approach altitude.  There's no relationship to the Missed Approach Alt.

On the FS2Crew Secondary Approach Brief page, you need to enter the Missed Approach altitude.

FS2Crew uses that value for numerous things, but the after landing flow 'odd level + 100' is not one of them.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

first of all  you did a amazing job with the reboot version!!

I think what Hendrik meant is that the real procedure of that irish airline you have adressed with SOP3 is to set missed approach ALT + 100 during the after landing items. I also would like to see it in that way with SOP3  :)

Best regards,

Holger 

Best Regards,

Holger Mut

I think what Hendrik meant is that the real procedure of that irish airline you have adressed with SOP3 is to set missed approach ALT + 100 during the after landing items

Ummm, that's not why our consultant told us, but double check with him.

Cheers,

[/quote

I have the SOP from that pilot during BETA and Bryan is right ODD ALT + 100

Vernon Howells

Cheers,

If it's the same Irish airline I work for, the SOP is to set ODD level + 100ft. I always set 3100ft.

If it's the same Irish airline I work for, the SOP is to set ODD level + 100ft. I always set 3100ft.

Working for that (hopefully) same Irish company, I will confirm that it is ODD level + 100... Turlad, I also always set 3100. 

Best Regards

Lukas Agerskov

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Working for that (hopefully) same Irish company....

errr...Aer Lingus right.....?  :wink:

Hi there :)

This is really weird! According to my source (also an active FR pilot) he says MAA + 100. Anyway I just have asked him again if something has changed. Further more I have some photos of that airline here which also shows even level + 100 (6100ft e.g.). Also you can find pictures in the web where the ALT is set to an even level + 100ft. I´m pretty sure that it is the MAA + 100ft.

Here is one example (4100ft)

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7640552&nseq=26

Best regards!

Best Regards,

Holger Mut

HI Holly71

I have taken the liberty in looking up in our SOP since your your question came up. The newest SOP ways without any doubt "Odd level +100". Now some pilots may have the practise to set MAA+100 because it is easier (just 100 feet extra) and, hell, it is not like it is ground breaking for your flight safety, but it is not standard SOP. Odd level+100 is.

Best Regards

Lukas Agerskov

Thank you Lukas!

Of course it is not ground breaking for the flight safety. I´m just interested in such details and I did it in the MAA +100 way over years now ;)

One more question. How do you practise to set the bank selector to 10 when passing FL300? is there a reminder? PM call or something else? 

Best Regards,

Holger Mut

Hi there :)

This is really weird! According to my source (also an active FR pilot) he says MAA + 100. Anyway I just have asked him again if something has changed. Further more I have some photos of that airline here which also shows even level + 100 (6100ft e.g.). Also you can find pictures in the web where the ALT is set to an even level + 100ft. I´m pretty sure that it is the MAA + 100ft.

Here is one example (4100ft)

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7640552&nseq=26

Best regards!

Remember that any photos you find could show the flight deck set for the departure. SOP is to set the SID stop altitude + 100ft during the initial brief. Once you receive clearance from ATC we amend it to the actual stop altitude.

There's no debate about the ODD level plus 100 thing. It's modeled correctly. Just so happens that 80% of the time the MAA will be 3000ft anyway...coincidence. 

Cheers.

Thank you Lukas!

Of course it is not ground breaking for the flight safety. I´m just interested in such details and I did it in the MAA +100 way over years now ;)

One more question. How do you practise to set the bank selector to 10 when passing FL300? is there a reminder? PM call or something else? 

Thank you Lukas!

Not officially, just plain situational awareness. 

Best Regards

Lukas Agerskov

EDIT: oh disregard, I just read the last 4 answers. Thanks guys for clearing that up. We're all counting on you  :BigGrin:

:blink: Well, that sounds really odd... literally  ^_^

I will also ask my contact again. It hasn't been too long ago he told me so (half a year ago) but there might be the chance something has changed since then. Could be more likely that this is the case, as you transcribed the SOPs according to your consultant more recently... or something went terribly wrong in terms of interpretation of our contacts  :lol:

Incredible level of detail by the way! #firstworldproblems

Hendrik

Hendrik Horeis