Sign in to follow this  
Andayle

Button user command A after takeoff?

Hi all,

I'm using the button version of the NGX Reboot and so far its fantastic.  One thing I can't find is asking the FO to press command A after takeoff, this used to be done on the secondary button in the old NGX FS2crew, also if you did not have LNAV and VNAV selected he would use HDG SEL and LVL CHANGE.  Is this something that is not modelled with SOP2?  It's about the only thing I miss as everything else is miles better than the original. 

Dean Farley

Thanks for the reply Bryan,

It does make sense if its in the name of realism.  I'll have to try and find out if its possible to set a joystick button to CMD A as using the mouse whilst departing on a tricky SID makes for a few questionable maneuvers :P (sick bags at the ready)

Dean Farley

It does make sense if its in the name of realism.  I'll have to try and find out if its possible to set a joystick button to CMD A as using the mouse whilst departing on a tricky SID makes for a few questionable maneuvers :P (sick bags at the ready)

If you have a full version of FSUIPC you can assign it through there. 

Brandon Gaumond

Glad you're liking it!

We removed it from Button in the name of realism.

As the Pilot Flying, you would turn on the autopilot yourself.

Watch the cockpit videos... the PF always does it.

Actually this needs to be clarified. 

When flying "manually" the PF directs the PM to make changes to the MCP as stated in the FCOM 1 NP.11.3:

"Normal procedures show who does a step by crew position (C, F/O, PF, or PM):•in the procedure title, or•in the far right column, or•in the column heading of a tableThe mode control panel is the PF’s responsibility. When flying manually, the PF directs the PM to make the changes on the mode control panel.The captain is the final authority for all tasks directed and done."

I have watched many videos and the pilot flying tells the other what to set when the PF has manual control of the airplane like during take off. I think Bryan you are referring to when the auto pilot is already on, then yes the PF will set and adjust the MCP as directed by ATC while the PNF/PM is communicating with ATC.

So this change to reboot was not correct in reality for the takeoff phase according to real procedures during manual flight.

Bryan, could you please consider bringing back the MCP commands to the PNF for that initial phase of manual flight?

Thank you for any consideration.

Hi,

One of the condition to engage the A/P is that there is no force applied to the control wheel or column.

It means that you would not try to push on the cmd button while in the middle of a manoeuvre.

So on a tricky SID, either engage the A/P at 400ft before any turn or while in a portion of the SID where the aircraft is stabilized on straight heading and properly trimmed. Once you can release the yoke without the aircraft going mad, then you are good to engage the A/P.

In such a case, you don't need the PM to do it for you.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Bryan, could you please consider bringing back the MCP commands to the PNF for that initial phase of manual flight?

For button control, you will be presented with LNAV and VNAV options if they are not pre-armed.

However, you will not be presented with an 'autopilot on' option in Button Control since the PF would turn on the autopilot 99 percent of the time in real life.

If you want more flexibility, I'd change to Voice Control.  By its nature, Voice Control offers more flexibility that Button Control for obvious reasons.

NGX Reboot was essentially created by 3 real-world NG pilots.  Everything is technically correct within the context of their airline.