Sign in to follow this  
uhntissbaby111

Mytraffic 6 question

I have yet to use an AI traffic in p3d v2. But now that mytraffic 6 has been released I want to get it because the world feels empty with just me in it. However, I read that p3d handles traffic differently than MSFS? That after so many miles, if I'm not mistaken either 5 or 10, the traffic disappears? Whereas in FSX traffic would show for a very long ways out. So does that mean that on my TCAS display I will only have traffic showing in that 5-10 mile radius? Thanks

I have yet to use an AI traffic in p3d v2. But now that mytraffic 6 has been released I want to get it because the world feels empty with just me in it. However, I read that p3d handles traffic differently than MSFS? That after so many miles, if I'm not mistaken either 5 or 10, the traffic disappears? Whereas in FSX traffic would show for a very long ways out. So does that mean that on my TCAS display I will only have traffic showing in that 5-10 mile radius? Thanks

Not at all true. I have traffic everywhere I fly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Ok good to hear, thanks for the response. I must be mistaken then. I thought i remembered reading that traffic would only be shown within a small radius of your position. Now that i think of it, maybe that was just aircraft lights at night

Ok good to hear, thanks for the response. I must be mistaken then. I thought i remembered reading that traffic would only be shown within a small radius of your position. Now that i think of it, maybe that was just aircraft lights at night

You can get a program which will limit the amount of AI traffic and improve frame rates, which I use. It just cuts down traffic that is not anywhere near your route. I use it all the time.  http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D+Radar.zip

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Adam, the issue isn't the traffic, but the strobe lights that aren't visible at extended ranges.