Sign in to follow this  
Berike

PMDG + REX Weather Architect

Hey guys,

Rex just released their weather architect, does it work with PMDG's WRX?

Rex just released their weather architect, does it work with PMDG's WRX?

At the moment? No.

Kyle Rodgers

that was fast haha

Thanks Kyle! So with "at the moment" can I assume it may be implement later? Of course after the already planned roadmap

can I assume it may be implement later?

I'm simply saying that, as of this moment, it is not compatible. The future? Who knows. Depends on what people produce, and how wiling they are to work with us, I guess.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm simply saying that, as of this moment, it is not compatible. The future? Who knows. Depends on what people produce, and how wiling they are to work with us, I guess.

Hey Kyle.

Over on the REX forums, they are pointing the finger back at PMDG saying "We are trying to work with PMDG, however they do not answer our enquiries. Pose the question to them as we are happy to assist!" Can we expect there to be some sort of amicable effort or should we just continue on with ASN?

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Hey Kyle.

Over on the REX forums, they are pointing the finger back at PMDG saying "We are trying to work with PMDG, however they do not answer our enquiries. Pose the question to them as we are happy to assist!" Can we expect there to be some sort of amicable effort or should we just continue on with ASN?

Hope for effort as ASN is a stutter machine when preloading weather.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Hey Kyle.

Interesting. We haven't heard anything from them. Can you link us to it so we can look into it?

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle.

Nameless,

Two items:

1) Please sign your posts in this forum so I don't have to remove them?  Thank you. 

2) We have a long history of communication with Tim that occasionally just goes cold for no obvious reason.  Ryan has been the primary point of contact between PMDG and REX for a couple of years and numerous times his emails simply cease being answered.  I am not one to throw stones at REX for it- as anyone who has tried to maintain an email communication chain with **me** will recognize that behavioral trait.  It is generally a sign that "I'm extremely busy and the topic of this conversation isn't my top priority right now" so you wound up dropping off my attention span in an inbox that usually takes 100+ email a day.  That is fine- I generally get back around to someone when the priority level improves, but generally speaking it is bad form to point the finger at the other guy and proclaim he is the problem.   :ph34r:

We have had this happen before with REX- and we have had them tell their customers that we ignored them when that was not a factually supportable position to take, so... 

I'll just shrug and go back to worrying about PMDG products.  B)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hope for effort as ASN is a stutter machine when preloading weather.

I've never had a stutter from ASN and I use it in FSX/FSXSE and P3D... the guys over at the HiFi forum provide really good support.  Have you tried them or are you just throwing stones.

Dan Downs KCRP

Latest version of ASN runs great here on P3D

Rich Sennett

I've never had a stutter from ASN and I use it in FSX/FSXSE and P3D... the guys over at the HiFi forum provide really good support.  Have you tried them or are you just throwing stones.

Well considering that even in ASN options you have warnings of possible weather loading issues you either have a NASA computer or very low settings.

In order to make it look somewhat realistic together with REX soft clouds yes it does stutter on preloading clouds.

I have A Devil's Canyon @4.5, GTX 970, 16GB of RAM and SSD running FSX only. I understand limitations but I also look for better performance wherever I can find it.

And just out of curiosity... Just because YOU don't have those issues does that mean it's the only and the only truth out there?? Why people on here assume so much without knowing the facts or is that you are just throwing stones?

Yes maybe I should have mentioned about ASN with REX integration stuff but again even ASN alone with good settings tends to reload weather with micro stutters / freezes.

I never used P3D so wouldn't know.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Well considering that even in ASN options you have warnings of possible weather loading issues you either have a NASA computer or very low settings.

You answered your own question without a doubt you cant do in fsx what You can't do in P3D - as for your question about my settings - I am running 2048 textures cloud detail at medium and draw distance of 70m - ASN is silky smooth - I have a Titan X - that helps but the biggest issue is you sim of choice - move on - you wont regret it

Rich Sennett

You answered your own question without a doubt you cant do in fsx what You can't do in P3D - as for your question about my settings - I am running 2048 textures cloud detail at medium and draw distance of 70m - ASN is silky smooth - I have a Titan X - that helps but the biggest issue is you sim of choice - move on - you wont regret it

Downscc said he has no issues in any of the simulators that's what caught my attention.

BUT If not for the fact that I have quite a lot of $ invested into FSX I would probably move to P3D already :) 

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Interesting. We haven't heard anything from them. Can you link us to it so we can look into it?

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35015-rex-4-weather-architect-final-pre-deployment-update/page-2

post 27   by the looks of  it  seems to be some  communications  problems :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg