Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[19JUL15] The View from the Top.

nice stuff!!!!

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Can we pop up the FMC, PFD etc?

Yes. Not sure why we would suddenly reverse our position on this.

What about a Pre order Function?

Unlikely. We've never done this, and there's no real point in doing this for digital sales. Pre-orders were originally an aid to figuring out how many physical copies to order/produce (which is why there was usually a price cut - it helped reduce the potential risk of ordering too many). Since then, it's either been carried on simply because those companies think "that's what we've always done," or it's done as a cash grab prior to release.

Kyle Rodgers

Captains-

I have noted a few questions in the thread asking about some general product information.  I will paraphrase and answer here:

1) Is this a free update?  No.  This is an entirely new product built from the technology base that was developed for the NGX and 777.  Nothing from the old version is being used in the new version.

2) Is the 747-400F being made?:  Yes.  We are building the 747-400/F/ER/M/BCF and the 747-8/F  We may add to this list at our discretion.  Yes we still plan to make a 777-200ER and no I have no date/time/planning information on it, nor do I plan to have any until after these products are released. 

3) Which aircraft will be in the base package, and which will be expansions?:  Currently it is anticipated that the 747-400 will be the base package, with all three engine variants available to users.  This is subject to change- but it is unlikely that it will at this late stage.

4) My birthday is on <insert date here>.  Will I have it in time for my birthday?  If your birthday is the day after we release, yes.  Otherwise, no.  :ph34r:

5) Will the 747-400 and the 747-8 be in the same package?:  No, these will be two different products.  Currently we envision the 747-8 as an expansion package to the 747-400.  (As always- information subject to change- there are some variables here that we don't control so it is under review...)

6) My second cousin's neighbor's ex-girlfriend's brother's great uncle (twice removed) once sat next to a 747 pilot and as a result I know a great deal about this airplane.  Can I be on your beta team?:  No.  The uncle being twice removed puts you outside our policy criteria, sorry.

7) What will the price be?:  Hasn't been determined.  It will be in line with the 777, I expect.

1.  PMDG does not give anything away for free and I like it that way.  Those guys work so hard and their hard work should be credited as such.

2. Why is it that important to have this variant?  I doubt it will be that different from the other two available.  We should be happy with what we have right now.

3. Sounds fine by me.  A new "refresh" of the 747-400 is exactly what the community needs, considering all of the new tech that had been developed after the original was released.

4. As luck would have it, my birthday IS after the release day...yeaaah me. :)

5. As it has been done in the past so this doesn't surprise me.  The original 747-800 was an add-on that was just a different exterior model, so i am pleased that PMDG is actually working INSIDE of the -800.

6. I have no removed relatives in my family but unfortunately, no one in my family ever flew in the cockpit...can I still get on the Beta Test team? :D

7. Aaaaaand this is where my credit card gets maxed out.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

As a former Aerowinx PS1 and PMDG Queen of the Skies user, and now Aerowinx PSX user, can I apply for the beta-testing of PMDG's 744 ?

I am also a former PMDG 777 and NGX user, and I am on FSX:SE ( if needed...).

I've been in flight simulation for a while... I guess from the old message groups ages, where FA-ATP was being actively discussed :)

Real life experience in any airliner - none, and I don't think the 1 hr ride in an A320 FFsim counts either...

I'm a glider pilot though, which helps flying a 744 with it's 4 engines knocked out !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Bummer !  :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I can type and say 747. I can even type it backwards, 747. Can I be on the beta team?

Richie Walsh

I won the meat raffle last Saturday... #CanIBeOnTheBetaTeam ?

*Better pull out that 744 FCOM and start practicing*

Brian Nellis

Seeing that beta testing often is such a repetitive, dull and boring activity - how NOT to become a beta tester? I mean, there must be a way to prevent that invitation, right???   :lol:

I meet it with mixed emotions. It's actually kinda interesting to see a string of fixes in the changelog, and then plan a route such that it hits the majority of those fixes and add the items into the checklist for verification. I'll be very honest that on the day the 777 released, I spent the evening in the NGX just to get a break from the plane.

Kyle Rodgers

Captains-

I have noted a few questions in the thread asking about some general product information.  I will paraphrase and answer here:

1) Is this a free update?  No.  This is an entirely new product built from the technology base that was developed for the NGX and 777.  Nothing from the old version is being used in the new version.

2) Is the 747-400F being made?:  Yes.  We are building the 747-400/F/ER/M/BCF and the 747-8/F  We may add to this list at our discretion.  Yes we still plan to make a 777-200ER and no I have no date/time/planning information on it, nor do I plan to have any until after these products are released. 

3) Which aircraft will be in the base package, and which will be expansions?:  Currently it is anticipated that the 747-400 will be the base package, with all three engine variants available to users.  This is subject to change- but it is unlikely that it will at this late stage.

4) My birthday is on <insert date here>.  Will I have it in time for my birthday?  If your birthday is the day after we release, yes.  Otherwise, no.  :ph34r:

5) Will the 747-400 and the 747-8 be in the same package?:  No, these will be two different products.  Currently we envision the 747-8 as an expansion package to the 747-400.  (As always- information subject to change- there are some variables here that we don't control so it is under review...)

6) My second cousin's neighbor's ex-girlfriend's brother's great uncle (twice removed) once sat next to a 747 pilot and as a result I know a great deal about this airplane.  Can I be on your beta team?:  No.  The uncle being twice removed puts you outside our policy criteria, sorry.

7) What will the price be?:  Hasn't been determined.  It will be in line with the 777, I expect.

And now I can relax and enjoy the NGX and 777 while I wait for the release.  Thanks RSR.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2. Why is it that important to have this variant?

I take that as a mild insult Jim :lol:   We all know that CARGO IS KING!!!

Seeing that beta testing often is such a repetitive, dull and boring activity - how NOT to become a beta tester? I mean, there must be a way to prevent that invitation, right???

Just keep doing what you're doing Ollie :P   And I'll keep doing what I'm doing and we'll NEVER become beta testers :rolleyes:   Got plenty of other planes in the arsenal to keep me happy until the 744v2 is released 2Q2016(that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it :lol:)

Chris Sunseri

I take that as a mild insult Jim :lol:   We all know that CARGO IS KING!!!

Just keep doing what you're doing Ollie :P   And I'll keep doing what I'm doing and we'll NEVER become beta testers :rolleyes:   Got plenty of other planes in the arsenal to keep me happy until the 744v2 is released 2Q2016(that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it :lol:)

No insults intended, in fact, most of what I wrote was to be viewed in a humorous way...guess I didn't include enough smilies.  In all honesty, the 747-F was included in the v1, so it should be safe to assume that v2 will have it.  It'll be interesting to load up the freighter, nearly to max and see how she rolls out and lands.  Talk about a beast!

-Jim  ^_^

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit