Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[19JUL15] The View from the Top.

Just a small thing but is one of the config options for the headrests on the IPECO seats?

I know originally it was stated there would be BA-RR spec modeled so it'd be a shame to miss that off the VC.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex-

Yes, we have the headrests.  In fact, I think the cockpit looks strange without them- but that is just because my exposure is normally with headrests. 

I think Jason turned them off in order to open up the view a bit.

I can type and say 747. I can even type it backwards, 747. Can I be on the beta team?

Richie-

This is a unique and valuable skill.  :-)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

2. Why is it that important to have this variant?

Wait, what? If there is something the 747 can do well, it is hauling cargo! Nowadays, there are more 747s hauling freight than passengers.

BTW, hats off to PMDG for making all those variants, including the 400M and 400BCF.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Wait, what? If there is something the 747 can do well, it is hauling cargo! Nowadays, there are more 747s hauling freight than passengers.

BTW, hats off to PMDG for making all those variants, including the 400M and 400BCF.

I'll agree with you there.  It seems that Boeing has a bigger market with Freight companies nowadays with the 747-800, although I do know that Lufthansa loves their 800.  I see it come in every afternoon at Dulles...she's still a beauty, no matter what she hauls. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Just spent around half an hour looking at the various subtle differences between the 400 and the 800. I'm sure I've missed loads but it is fascinating how two aircraft you originally thought were pretty much identical, but one with more modern avionics, could actually be so different.

I'll agree with you there. It seems that Boeing has a bigger market with Freight companies nowadays with the 747-800, although I do know that Lufthansa loves their 800. I see it come in every afternoon at Dulles...she's still a beauty, no matter what she hauls. :)

-Jim

Still a favourite with BA as well. They have a large fleet of 747's.

David Thwaites

Just spent around half an hour looking at the various subtle differences between the 400 and the 800. I'm sure I've missed loads but it is fascinating how two aircraft you originally thought were pretty much identical, but one with more modern avionics, could actually be so different.

Still a favourite with BA as well. They have a large fleet of 747's.

Did BA buy some 800s?  When I was at Heathrow last fall, all I saw were 400s and a couple of 380s, one of which I had the pleasure of flying on.

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Did BA buy some 800s?

Nobody has bought the 800. It doesn't exist  :P

Note the giant 8 on the tail. 747-8

(Only the customer codes add extra digits.)

Kyle Rodgers

Which is weird, since they could have called it the -800 straigt away then...

By the way, if you need assistance with the DLH repaints and the accurate airline configuration, let me know.

What I meant was...oh nevermind.  I'll just look it up online.

-Jim

So pretty much, Lufthansa is the only passenger airline who bought the 747-8 for passenger aircraft, and the others stuck with the 747-8F for cargo.

Sorry, my faux pas.

-Jim

So pretty much, Lufthansa is the only passenger airline who bought the 747-8 for passenger aircraft, and the others stuck with the 747-8F for cargo.

Not true, Air China has quite a few already and flies with them to FRA, JFK and SFO. Korean Air will be the next customer to recieve the -8i.

744X_FSX_03.jpg

PMDG_744vc1.jpg

Quite an evolution, huh? :lol:

(Although, seeing now, the "old" 747 still is pretty beautiful even for today's standards...)

I hear the 747 has a gnarly climb rate even at the heaviest.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

As usual with Robert's updates, I'm looking at the a/c in the background and wondering what it is. Not that they've ever sneaked things into such preview shots before ;)

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Since I am a cargo version freak the word 747-8F makes me warm and fuzzy.

I just wish you guys would add some ground containers around it and stuff like that (to the 777F as well).

Static props but would look very cool and create extra lvl of immersion.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Flew on G-VLIP of Virgin just this weekend to MCO and also on a BA 747 to NYC in February, the 747 really is superb. Looking forward to this one!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Well done team. Great work.

The screenshots look boss.

Take your time in beta - my new Son is still very needy!

I'll need the 748, as my OCD cannot be doing with dirty cockpits - and I can't clean the screen anymore than I already have... ;)