Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[19JUL15] The View from the Top.

Before I switched over to P3D (still use FSX from time to time for the Leo Maddog), all I used to fly was the 744. It's definitely one of two aircraft in the world that I love the most. The first would be the Maddog :).

So it's nice to see a refresh and hope release isn't too far away :) . Thanks for the update.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I'll need the 748, as my OCD cannot be doing with dirty cockpits - and I can't clean the screen anymore than I already have... ;)

You're very honest!

Much more excited for the DC-6.  How different is flying this plane really than the T7?  Flows are similar.  Procedures are similar.  Displays are similar.  Would be much more into this if the plane was a -200 or -300 version...

Colin Ware

Seattle

Much more excited for the DC-6.  How different is flying this plane really than the T7?  Flows are similar.  Procedures are similar.  Displays are similar.  Would be much more into this if the plane was a -200 or -300 version...

Colin Ware

Seattle

Actually, I am very curious to see how different the -400 and -8 will handle.  Here we will have two very similar airframes, with one being conventional and the other being fly-by-wire.  I think it will be kind of neat trying them out side-by-side.  Of course, I do have to agree that being able to top off the set with a PMDG 742 would be the bee's knees.  Maybe if the DC-6 is successful enough, PMDG will start producing a greater variety of historic airliners.  742, 707, 727 would be so much fun.  Maybe even a 737-200 with the vacuum cleaners under the wings.  Of course, then we will need to have a Super-Connie (God could you imagine what PMDG could do with that bird!), a Convair, and an L-1011.  But I digress...

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Actually, I am very curious to see how different the -400 and -8 will handle.  Here we will have two very similar airframes, with one being conventional and the other being fly-by-wire.  I think it will be kind of neat trying them out side-by-side.  Of course, I do have to agree that being able to top off the set with a PMDG 742 would be the bee's knees.  Maybe if the DC-6 is successful enough, PMDG will start producing a greater variety of historic airliners.  742, 707, 727 would be so much fun.  Maybe even a 737-200 with the vacuum cleaners under the wings.  Of course, then we will need to have a Super-Connie (God could you imagine what PMDG could do with that bird!), a Convair, and an L-1011.  But I digress...

Andrew Jones

The 747-8 is not fly by wire!!

Jimmy Nestor

The 747-8 is not fly by wire!!

The 748 is partially fly-by-wire, unlike the 777 and 787 family which are all fully fly-by-wire.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

The 748 is partially fly-by-wire, unlike the 777 and 787 family which are all fully fly-by-wire.

It doesn't fly very different than the 400. Otherwise a separate type rating would be required.

Jimmy Nestor

In FSX every plane is fly-by-wire.   :P

:LMAO: .   You know Olli, I always find myself scrolling through the threads looking for your posts because you ALWAYS come up with something entertaining lol!   But of course, you are right, on FSX doesn't matter too much!

Kind regards

I know I'm gonna get my head cut off for this, BUT - could you guys maybe change the seats and the carpet in the -8 cockpit to the more modern brown carpet and the new boeing seats, which have a more comfortable looking, brown-ish fabric on the sides? 

*runs and hides*

You know Olli, I always find myself scrolling through the threads looking for your posts because you ALWAYS come up with something entertaining lol!

Werner I feel the same way about that ol son of a gun Ollie.  He's been lurking in the shadows the past several months, but anytime PMDG starts posting shots of new planes he emerges.  You should have seen him back in the summer of 2013 when the 777 was in hot production.  RSR was looking for a new advertising scheme to get more German customers on board and he reached out to Ollie, who in turn reached out to his old pal with the initials "BB".  It was all aces after that

boris1_zpsymfato09.jpg

In FSX every plane is fly-by-wire.

:p0805:

Chris Sunseri

6) My second cousin's neighbor's ex-girlfriend's brother's great uncle (twice removed) once sat next to a 747 pilot and as a result I know a great deal about this airplane. Can I be on your beta team?: No. The uncle being twice removed puts you outside our policy criteria, sorry

Robert,

The first sim I flew was a Link at Ft. Rucker in 1969. Would that help? (G,D & R).

On a more serious note the B744 is a very nice flying aircraft, my hope is that is reflected in the new B744.

You folks do great work, Thanks.

Billy

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Just realised that the FMC in the first 744 pic says it's got GE90's hanging off the wings! Is the FMC an adaptation from the T7? 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

These two products is something I will definitely buy! Plus the X-Plane version of 737/747/777

Keep it up guys! 

Werner I feel the same way about that ol son of a gun Ollie.  He's been lurking in the shadows the past several months, but anytime PMDG starts posting shots of new planes he emerges.  You should have seen him back in the summer of 2013 when the 777 was in hot production.  RSR was looking for a new advertising scheme to get more German customers on board and he reached out to Ollie, who in turn reached out to his old pal with the initials "BB".  It was all aces after that

boris1_zpsymfato09.jpg

:p0805:

What's not to like about that lol!   Some very good marketing there :Applause: