Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[19JUL15] The View from the Top.

I'll need the 748, as my OCD cannot be doing with dirty cockpits - and I can't clean the screen anymore than I already have... ;)

Why do I get the feeling that my mother lied to me about me not having a twin brother? I'm so looking forward to a very clean flight deck :)

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

I read an article from a couple of weeks ago regarding the 747-8 simulator you are opening in Washington DC using Flightdeck Solutions Hardware. RSR mentions a software simulation suite that is able to use networked computers.

Is this networkable simulation suite an option in the upcoming FSX/P3D versions being released shortly or is this a cockpit building software suite that is over and above what will be available to desktop simmers?

Thanks

Gary

I read an article from a couple of weeks ago regarding the 747-8 simulator you are opening in Washington DC using Flightdeck Solutions Hardware. RSR mentions a software simulation suite that is able to use networked computers.

Technically Manassas, though you're absolutely right that DC is the closest major city. I know that's a seemingly minor point, but if you showed up at DCA, you'd be sorely disappointed by the drive out to HEF (Interstate 66 is a mad house in the afternoons, through late, late evening). IAD would be people's best bet, and even then, Route 28 can be a bear in the evenings (partially because of all the people trying to get on 66 West).

Is this networkable simulation suite an option in the upcoming FSX/P3D versions being released shortly or is this a cockpit building software suite that is over and above what will be available to desktop simmers?

I'm not sure, actually. I'm assuming it could, but desktop simmers really aren't the target for that solution.

Full names in the forum, too, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Cannot wait for this! My favorite airplane.

Also, after the -8 release, do you plan on doing a -400ERF?

Thank you!

-David Lee

The ER is part of the -400 package.   Not sure about the ERF though.

Kind regards

r

Posted Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Hammerheadmike, on 21 Jul 2015 - 1:25 PM, said:
I'll need the 748, as my OCD cannot be doing with dirty cockpits - and I can't clean the screen anymore than I already have... ;)

Why do I get the feeling that my mother lied to me about me not having a twin brother? I'm so looking forward to a very clean flight deck :)

That is why I hope they will be different products.

I just want the sparkling new -8 freighter and hope it to be sparately priced. Don't see myself paying for the old looking one cause my OCD won't allow me to fly it (fact btw :) )

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Also, after the -8 release, do you plan on doing a -400ERF?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/page-4?p=3271075#entry3271075

(See point 2)

I just want the sparkling new -8 freighter and hope it to be sparately priced. Don't see myself paying for the old looking one cause my OCD won't allow me to fly it (fact btw :) )

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/471944-19jul15-the-view-from-the-top/page-4#entry3271075

(See point 5)

Kyle Rodgers

I asked because it was not quite clear, but it appears he said there is no ERF planned just yet. Unless I am reading that wrong? Separating the F and ER mean no ERF? That is great the M and BCF are planned though.

One little thing, will the 2 options for anti-ice be available? The old version was modeled in the old 747v1 with anti ice on or off, but there is a new version that has switches which can be set to AUTO.

David Lee

I asked because it was not quite clear

If it's not explicitly stated, then I don't think one should count on it being in there. RSR isn't usually one for vague statements unless he's intending to be, and that list is pretty specific. He did mention that it is subject to potential expansion, as noted in the linked post.

One little thing, will the 2 options for anti-ice be available? The old version was modeled in the old 747v1 with anti ice on or off, but there is a new version that has switches which can be set to AUTO.

Not sure. I'd have to check. You might be able to see it in the pictures. Admittedly, I'm a bit rusty on my 744 knowledge, since I haven't touched the poor 747-400X in years, and my mind is currently stuffed full of a combination of DC-6, and Piper Arrow knowledge (big flight on Sat).

Kyle Rodgers

If it's not explicitly stated, then I don't think one should count on it being in there. RSR isn't usually one for vague statements unless he's intending to be, and that list is pretty specific. He did mention that it is subject to potential expansion, as noted in the linked post.

Not sure. I'd have to check. You might be able to see it in the pictures. Admittedly, I'm a bit rusty on my 744 knowledge, since I haven't touched the poor 747-400X in years, and my mind is currently stuffed full of a combination of DC-6, and Piper Arrow knowledge (big flight on Sat).

Not many ERF's flying so I understand. Off the top of my head, only KLM/Martinair, Skylease, Kalitta, and Cargolux. Would be great though. I looked closer and do see gray switches on the overhead of the -8 right where the buttons of the -400 are for antiice. So that is great. Not sure if any pax -400's have them but I think most -400F builds do have the auto anti ice switches. Would be nice to have this included as a panel config option so we can totally customize it all.

I have not flown the 400v1 for a long time either, those little bugs like the cockpit texture misplacement behind the chair and standby instrument texture problem on the -400 and dome light flashing on the -400F bugged me. And the reflection on the base of the windows had some texture flashing too. Been flying the 777 and now the NGX exclusively. But I know the cockpit and systems pretty well. Would love to be part of the beta team too :)

David Lee

Would love to be part of the beta team too :)

It is extremely rare that we invite new people onto the team as most of our testers have been with us for years. We tend to develop close and personal relationships with our testers before they are ever invited to test a product - and we never invite folks who are unknown to us onto the team.

As has been learned many times over the years, developers have to be able to trust the testers implicitly. For this reason- we tend to keep the team very close.

Stick around the forum - contribute, read, learn, and support others. That is how each of our beta members was invited at some point along the way. If you're as knowledgeable about the 747 flight deck and systems as you say, you could make a good name for yourself supporting people who will invariably run into issues after it's released.

(For the record, most of the above text is something RSR posted a while back, in response to a similar query. I edited it slightly to better fit this thread, though.)

Kyle Rodgers

It is extremely rare that we invite new people onto the team as most of our testers have been with us for years. We tend to develop close and personal relationships with our testers before they are ever invited to test a product - and we never invite folks who are unknown to us onto the team.

As has been learned many times over the years, developers have to be able to trust the testers implicitly. For this reason- we tend to keep the team very close.

Stick around the forum - contribute, read, learn, and support others. That is how each of our beta members was invited at some point along the way. If you're as knowledgeable about the 747 flight deck and systems as you say, you could make a good name for yourself supporting people who will invariably run into issues after it's released.

(For the record, most of the above text is something RSR posted a while back, in response to a similar query. I edited it slightly to better fit this thread, though.)

Ok. I am new to these forums but I do have a long purchasing and submitting bug record at the support site. My account goes way back to the original FS9 releases of the 737 then 747. I might have been the first to notice in FSX after release the loss of textures in memory that led to someone learning the highmemfix was needed. And I pointed out some bugs in the 747v1. Also the loss of memory in the 777. Of course my lack of knowledge of programming I couldn't figure out why those issues were happening. Anyway early this morning I submitted a support ticket asking to be on the team :) I understand now you all must get thousands of requests and will not trust unknown people with your software.

Thank you for answering my questions I will stop bugging you now!

David Lee

Not many ERF's flying so I understand. Off the top of my head, only KLM/Martinair, Skylease, Kalitta, and Cargolux. Would be great though. I looked closer and do see gray switches on the overhead of the -8 right where the buttons of the -400 are for antiice. So that is great. Not sure if any pax -400's have them but I think most -400F builds do have the auto anti ice switches. Would be nice to have this included as a panel config option so we can totally customize it all.

I have not flown the 400v1 for a long time either, those little bugs like the cockpit texture misplacement behind the chair and standby instrument texture problem on the -400 and dome light flashing on the -400F bugged me. And the reflection on the base of the windows had some texture flashing too. Been flying the 777 and now the NGX exclusively. But I know the cockpit and systems pretty well. Would love to be part of the beta team too :)

David Lee

anti ice switch must be an option on the 400 pax too

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Lufthansa/Boeing-747-430/0438442/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Japan-Airlines--/Boeing-747-446(BCF)/1237948/L/

and on -400F

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Cargolux/Boeing-747-4R7F-SCD/1802871/L/

David Lee

I hope I am asking in the right place, figured this makes more sense then the DC-6 thread. When PMDG starts rolling out airliners for X-Plane (I've heard you guys are getting close with the first one, DC-6 aside), will you be able to click on the PFD/ND/EICAS as in FSX/P3D and move them around, expand them, etc? I am building a 737 home cockpit and it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just stick monitors behind the PFD/ND/EICAS openings and drag down the PMDG panels then purchase something like project magenta. I havent quite gotten to that stage yet, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but I figured it was worht asking anyway.