Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

Need a MCP & FMC good teaching tool

Need a MCP & FMC good teaching tool

I cannot seem to understand how they both work together, I am doing something or most likely allot of things wrong!

Is there a teaching video or website that can help me?

thanks

Nick Sciortino

Hi Nick,

I think that's not a topic to cover in a 2min video, so I hope you don't expect that  :wink:  The FMC is a very complex thing and is not only working together with the MCP.

If you would like to learn about the systems of a 737 (in that case the PMDG), but that's adaptable in most cases, you may have a look at the training-videos from "Angle of Attack" (flyaoamedia.com) - it's not free, but you can have a free trial for 1 week and see if this is the right thing for you.

They have videos in the Groundwork-section covering the systems of the 737 (of course the FMC too). In the Flightwork-section you can learn how that all works together in flight.

They sometimes have some offers on their training packages, so maybe you should register for their newsletter.

Marc

Marc Weber

Hi Nick,

I think that's not a topic to cover in a 2min video, so I hope you don't expect that  :wink:  The FMC is a very complex thing and is not only working together with the MCP.

If you would like to learn about the systems of a 737 (in that case the PMDG), but that's adaptable in most cases, you may have a look at the training-videos from "Angle of Attack" (flyaoamedia.com) - it's not free, but you can have a free trial for 1 week and see if this is the right thing for you.

They have videos in the Groundwork-section covering the systems of the 737 (of course the FMC too). In the Flightwork-section you can learn how that all works together in flight.

They sometimes have some offers on their training packages, so maybe you should register for their newsletter.

Marc

Marc, much appreciated, I really didn't think a short video would be promising but this is something I need to learn as I am tired of flying the way I have been for all these years, (Not knowing where I am going, and Not knowing how to get there)!

Nick

and yes this was in reference of NGX 737, 777, CS777 and Airbus

Nick Sciortino

What really helped me at the beginning was Capt Mike Rays books. His 737NG training syllabus takes you through every stage of a flight from scratch, and is very readable and extremely well illustrated. 

The download PDF version is on offer for $25 here:

http://www.utem.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=124

He even has a Dollar download section, if you'd like to try a taster.

Eugene

I found Capt. Mike's book invaluable when figuring out how to fly the PMDG 737.

Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Mark

You might also want to youtube search for Frooglesim. Froogle does a great job of explaining the PMDG 737 and 777 on various flights. I've learned quite a few tips and tricks from watching his videos.

At the PMDG site you can dl flight tutorials which cover every switch and button from startup to shutdown...

And at YouTube there are also multiple vids .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0